[Suggestion for Ep.2 Stretch Goal] Hirelings/Workers

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Rowell, Nov 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Wouldn't it be nice to hire a lumberjack to go out each day and gather some wood for you? Or a trapper gathering some skins?

How about adding a worker that you can hire for a daily fee, and each day he/she provides you with a small amount of resources (ie 5-10 iron ore, or 5-10 maple wood). Of course, there would be limitations, such as you can only hire one of any particular type (ie, you cannot hire 3 lumberjacks); and you can only hire up to a certain number of workers in total (based on Producer Level, or your lot size..if any, and make it per account).

Additionally, your worker gains skill over time, therefore increasing their gathering (so 7-13...then 10-15, etc) up to a maximum amount gathered per worker.

You could even take it a step further and hire someone to convert the raw materials into components...such as converting wood into timber, or cooking components into jars of vegetable broth.

Just a thought, and suggestion. Nothing that will break the game, just create a new level of game play.

Vaiden Luro and Bow Vale like this.
  2. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

I think that it definitely would be nice to have something like the minecraft golems, but to do some of the trivial stuff. Such as helping with inventory sorting and maybe the ability to help collect water over time. :)

Vaiden Luro likes this.
  3. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Yes would be very nice - same as BDO and would add to the"living world" feel of things.

4. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Happy New Year.
    Just a reminder.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I like the idea of hirelings. I loved hiring skilled mercenaries in everquest 2. They had a daily charge I believe. Also it was fun in ultima online as a guild event to talk an npc into going with you and each group had to try to keep their npc alive. He complained and wandered away the whole time.

6. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

How much are u paying? I need a job.

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I like the idea. I'd pay an NPC to make boards for me (and people too, come on over).

Doing it as a stretch goal won't work though, the single goal thing kind of borked the whole possibility space. It needs to be coming in from some other angle.

8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Make it a gathering specialization skill. In lieu of a craft

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.