Avatars Radio - Radio of the Avatars

Discussion in 'Player Radio Stations' started by Amber Raine, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Greetings Avatars!

Here is the set list for the Release 60 Dance party. Thank you so much to @Stryker Sparhawk for hosting us in Whitehart on Abundis. Thank you to @Amber Raine of Avatar's Radio for having me DJ!

[​IMG]

Here's a link to the playlist on Spotify, minus the mashups (in italics). If you want the mashups go to http://bootiemashup.com/best-of-bootie/
    • Jungle: Happy Man
    • ODESZA: Say My Name (feat. Zyra)
    • !!!: The Most Certain Sure
    • Ghostland Observatory: Freeheart Lover
    • LCD Soundsystem: Home
    • Tune-Yards: Heart Attack
    • Scissor Sisters: Comfortably Numb
    • Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams: Lose Yourself to Dance
    • Franc Moody: Make You Smile
    • Space Capone: I Just Wanna Dance
    • Earth Wind & Fire: Boogie Wonderland
    • Bee Gees: You Should Be Dancing
    • Michael Jackson: Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
    • Curtis Mayfield: Future Shock
    • The Bar-Kays: Too Hot To Stop, Pt. 1
    • The Dramatics: Get Up And Get Down
    • K.C. & The Sunshine Band: Get Down Tonight
    • Prince: Kiss
    • Mark Ronson: Uptown Funk (feat. Bruno Mars)
    • The Heavy: How You Like Me Now
    • Galactic: Right On (feat. Ms. Charm Taylor)
    • The Ting Tings: That's Not My Name
    • Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Sacrilege
    • LCD Soundsystem: North American Scum
    • Digitalism: Pogo
    • BONES (UK): I'm Afraid of Americans
    • Ghostland Observatory: Sad Sad City
    • My Brightest Diamond: Champagne
    • Does It Offend You, Yeah?: We Are Rockstars
    • Death From Above 1979: Blood On Our Hands (Justice Remix)
    • Entyme: Bootie Intro 2017
    • A Plus D: Sexy Peek-A-Boo (Justin Timberlake vs. Siouxsie & the Banshees)
    • DJs From Mars vs. DJ Surda: Jammin Good (James Brown vs. Bob Marley)
    • DJ Schmolli: Only Imagine This City (Starship vs. David Guetta)
    • DJ Paul V.: Phantom On The Bottom (The Lady Tigra vs. Justice)
    • Titus Jones: Cherry Milkshake By The Ocean (DNCE vs. Kesha vs. Julie Andrews vs. Pitbull vs. Def Leppard vs. 50 Cent vs. Warrant vs. Kelis)
    • MDN8: Jumpin' Jawz (Destiny's Child vs. Donkong)
    • DJs From Mars: It's My Life, Rock This Party (Bon Jovi vs. Bob Sinclair)
    • Loo & Placido: All Night (Don't Stop) (Icona Pop vs. Journey vs. Mightyfools vs. Quintino & Moti)
    • DJs From Mars: Where Them Levels At (Avicii vs. David Guetta)
    • DJs From Mars: Internet Friends & Scary Monsters Back In Wonderwall (Oasis vs. AC/DC vs. Knife Party vs. Skrillex)
    • Enytme vs. DJs From Mars: Girls Pretty Girls (Beastie Boys vs. Brittney Spears & Iggy Azalea)
    • DJs From Mars: Bla Bla Raining Blood (Gigi D'Agostino vs. Slayer)
    • The Kleptones: Voodoo Sabotage (Beastie Boys vs. The Prodigy vs. Pendulum)

2. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

[​IMG]

We would like to welcome 2 great new voices to Avatars Radio
    Kardall and Jarikith Rivinson

Bringing you some of the harder hits of the music industry.
    Kardall can be heard every Monday night 8pm - 10pm New Britannia time

And on Thursdays from 10pm - midnight,
    don your giddy up along with your cowboy hats and boots and head on down to the barn
    As Jarikith Rivinson brings his "Chaotic Country" to Avatars Radio.

Are you interested in joining the family? We are always looking for more voices to tickle the ears of the Avatars!
    Contact Amber Okhan for further information.
    No experience is necessary!​

3. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

4. Alleine Dragonfyre

And now, a message from @Amber Raine from our Discord chat channel (join our chat here):

[​IMG]

"Happy Post Thanksgiving, beginning to your holidays Avatars! We here hope you have a safe and wonderful holiday season and would like to be a part of helping you make it even more enjoyable.

Starting December 1st, Avatars Radio will be bringing more seasonal music to our airwaves. From "Christmas" to "Solstice" we cater to all.

If you would like to have your seasonal greeting or liner aired on Avatars Radio we would like to remind you that we are always happy to have those as well, from a short 10 seconds "Happy "holiday" from (your name here), and you are listening to Avatars Radio" -- To a longer 30 second clip that can range in content, we are happy to help you get it heard.

And to help you be heard, for the month of December we will be giving discounts on airing those adverts to new Patreon subscribers. May this season be a blessing to you all, as you are to us here at Avatars Radio all year round. Thank you Avatars!"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Boo Ladedada likes this.
  5. Alleine Dragonfyre

[​IMG]
    Release 61 Dance Party and Stress Test with DJ @DarkStarr

6. DarkStarr

Greetings Avatars!

Here is the set list for the Release 61 Dance party. Thank you so much to @Minerva for hosting us in Ordinis Mortis. Thank you to @Amber Raine of Avatar's Radio for having me DJ!

[​IMG]

Here's a link to the playlist on Spotify, minus the mashups (in italics). If you want the mashups go to http://bootiemashup.com/best-of-bootie/
    • UNKLE: Ar.Mour (feat. Miink & Elliot Power)
    • Thievery Corporation: Shadows Of Ourselves
    • The Shins: Wonderful Christmastime
    • BoomBox: Mr Boogie Man
    • Justice: Fire
    • Lotus: Eats the Light
    • The Dandy Warhols: Little Drummer Boy
    • Curtis Mayfield: Kung Fu
    • Marvin Gaye: Got To Give It Up (Pt. 1)
    • B.T. Express: Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
    • Curtis Mayfield: Superfly
    • Parliament: Tear The Roof Off The Sucker (Give Up The Funk)
    • Fly Moon Royalty: Grown Man
    • Galactic: Dolla Diva (feat. David Shaw and Maggie Koerner)
    • Antibalas: Gold Rush
    • The Growlers: I'll Be Around
    • 3rd Bass: The Cactus
    • Run-DMC: Christmas In Hollis
    • Thievery Corporation: Culture Of Fear
    • The Octopus Project: Small Hundred
    • Tune-Yards: Look at Your Hands
    • Michael Jackson: Workin' Day and Night
    • Just Loud: Soul Train (Feat. Debbie Harry of Blondie)
    • Drumattic Twins: Feelin Kinda Strange
    • Jamie Lidell: Do You Hear What I Hear?
    • LCD Soundsystem: Get Innocuous!
    • YACHT: Ringtone
    • Rage Against The Machine: Renegades Of Funk
    • Public Enemy: Race Against Time
    • The Chemical Brothers: Setting Sun
    • Gent & Jawns: Turn Up Ye Merry Gentlemen
    • A Plus D: Stardust Kids (David Bowie vs. MGMT)
    • Lobsterdust: It's Fun To Smoke Dust (Queen vs. Pastor Gary Greenwald vs. Midfield General)
    • Titus Jones: Bad Things Will Roll With The Devil (Marilyn Manson vs. Christina Aguilera vs. Jace Everett vs. Rihanna vs. Lady GaGa vs. Katy Perry vs. Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
    • Divide & Kreate: Until It Talks (Metallica vs. Coldplay)
    • The Kleptones: Gimme Gimme (Rolling Stones vs. Rick James)
    • DJ Zebra: Roxanne Should Be Dancing (The Police vs. The Bee Gees)
    • Dave Wrangler: Pumped Up Kicks Take Over Control (Foster The People vs. Afrojack)
    • BootOX: California Skank (Tupac vs. Fatboy Slim)
    • Dunproofin': Groove Is In The Girls (Deee-Lite vs. The Prodigy)
    • Titus Jones: Dance Alarm (Nicki Minaj vs. Avicii vs. Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen vs. Britney Spears vs. Eminem vs. Lady Gaga vs. Taio Cruz vs. Cascada vs. Etta James vs. Dev)
    • Lobsterdust: Bring The Action (Blur vs. Sia vs. will.i.am vs. Britney Spears vs. Icona Pop vs. Major Lazer vs. Ellie Goulding)
    • Loo & Placido: Sweet World O' Mine (Guns N' Roses vs. Swedish House Mafia vs. blink-182 vs. Made Monster & Scotty Boy vs. Take That)
    • DJs From Mars: Whole Lotta Funk (Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars vs. Led Zeppelin)
    • Loo & Placido: Skrillex Rock (Skrillex vs. Daft Punk vs. Queen vs. House Of Pain)

Sean Silverfoot and Minerva like this.
  7. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Alliene.. is there a bit more information on Patreon and a link? I don't know anything about it. Also if we wanted to setup an event with you, what is that process?

8. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

9. Amber Raine

UPDATED RELEASE PARTY HOST PLANNING:

RESERVATIONS LIST for Avatars Radio 2019 Release Parties and MAJOR HOLIDAY events
    ALL other events are reserved and coordinated in our Discord "Event Planning" channel www.discord.me/avatarsradio

R62 - January - Amber and Golden Okhan - Radio City (Avatars Radio 5th Anniversary bash and release party)
    R63 - February -Shimizu - Ordinus Mortis
    R64 - March - Obsidian Tempest - Rifts End (Queen of Chaos - Darkstarrs birthday)
    R65- April - Winfield/Cambria/Sean Silverfoot - PaxLair
    R66- May - Tailz - Elementum
    R67 - June - Town Drunk/ Cambria - Tortuga
    R68 - July - Sindariya and Gaelis - Serpents Watch
    R69 - August -Minerva - Adultima
    R70 - September - Drake Aedus/Wind Silvermoon - Blue Rose Isle
    R71 - October -
    R72 - November - Alleine Dragonfyre - Immortal City
    R73 - December - Stryker Sparhawk / Lady Addy - White Hart (Abundis)

Other Reserved Dates:

October 27th - Cambria Hallowe'en Party
    December 31st -- Mal Hari - 3rd New Years Eve Party
    January 1st --New Year Celebratory Marathon - AR (see our Discord if you want in)
    Chinese New Year
    January 31st -- Avatars Radio's 5th Anniversary BASH
    Mardi Gras
    Valentines Day

1. Minerva - Ordinus Mortis -- Minerva and the wonderful people of Ordinus Mortis bring to us a wonderful valentines dinner/date atmosphere. Bring your date to dinner and dance the night away to romantic music to fall in love by.
    2. PAXLAIR.. Festival of Sequanna
    3 Soldiers Ball - Bowen Bloodgood May 18th 2018

St. Patrick's Day
    {Tentatively} Release candidate 1 Celebratory Marathon
    Easter
    May Day
    Victoria Day
    Memorial Day -- 4th Annual Soldiers Ball hosted by Bowen Bloodgood
    Canada Day
    4th of July
    Octoberfest -Paulie Walnut - Clubsidius
    Thanksgiving (Canada)
    Halloween -- Avatars Radio's 2nd annual Think Pink Fund Raiser
    Thanksgiving
    Christmas
    New Years Eve --Mal Hari - 4th New Years Eve Party

10. Alleine Dragonfyre

11. Amber Raine

[​IMG]

We at Avatars Radio would like to thank each and every member of this amazing community for a long and wonderful ride on your air waves and through your Aether Vibration Amplifiers. However, it does come time for this ride to end for now.

As of July 15th, 2019, Avatars Radio will be going radio silent at 11:59pm NBT/CST.

We have been together for so long that I never thought about how difficult it would be to say goodbye, Still we must say farewell for now.

As many of you are fully aware of, I have been having some serious medical issues over the past couple of years. These medical issues have taken me away more then a couple of times where I have been unable to fulfill my duties as the leader in command of this ship.

Today, I am the bearer of both good and sad news.

First the good: My medical team has found what they believe may have been causing the medical issues I have been experiencing and there is serious surgery planned in the near future. And by near, as soon as the end of the month. I trust them and feel this is the best for my own perseverance.

This surgery will take quite a long time to recover from. Healing and rehabilitation could take up to a year when all is said and done. But the light at the end of the tunnel could mean the stopping of the seizures and other ailments I have been experiencing.

Finding out this news I was excited, who wouldn't be? Stop the seizures? Make my life easier, more bearable, of course I need to do this.

Rule #1 of Avatars Radio - First life first. And this one is a serious one to take effect.

So great news right? However here comes the negative. I will be out for up to a year. I will not be able to be here, and without me, Avatars Radio as an entity will not be able to continue as it is.

I do want to thank each and every one of you personally for the wonderful events you have hosted, the welcoming us all into your homes, businesses, and events and for making Avatars Radio number 1 on your radio dial.

You have all been absolutely wonderful over the past 5 and a half years that we have been an entity in this community. Avatars Radio, a radio station that is known around Shroud of the Avatar. People know us and know the name.

We have built amongst us friendships that will last far beyond the closing of our doors. Experiences that we may have never gotten a chance to experience and lessons that we can take with us into future endeavours.

So, as much as it is going to hurt. Disappoint, and sadden us to see it go. Closing of Avatars Radio is the best and is the only option on the table.

Everything that we do is always serving our own evolution and we always get lessons that we can't get any other way.

You can think of all the hard work that we put into this as counting towards your next endeavour and next event because here's the thing: hard work is never wasted.

And we have all worked so very hard over the 5 and a half years that Avatars Radio has been an entity. And I could not thank you all, each and every one of you, for every minute of every hour that you have put into the station. To bring it to where it is today. You helped make my dream a reality and it was an amazing ride. But, it is time to get off.

So, everyone has at least one set this coming week. It will be the last set. July 15th, 2019 , Avatars Radio will be going off the air.

Thank you all for taking the time to be here, the events you have hosted, and for the years you have spent with us, and for the years of service and friendship you have given to the station and to the community. Thanks for all the fish!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    Numa, Manerd, Cordelayne and 29 others like this.
  12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'm glad you are on the road to recovery and wish you all the best and as easy of a year as you can have!

I'm saddened that Avatars Radio will be gone. Thank you for all the time effort and resources you put into it. You and your DJ's truly did an amazing thing!

But yes, your health is obviously the most important thing.

[​IMG]

13. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

I wish you all the very best for the next 12 months, it sounds like a very heavy heart as needed to make this decision. :(

14. DarkStarr

It has been a true honor being a DJ on Avatars Radio. Thank you Amber for creating this amazing part of our community. I wish you nothing but healing and joy.

15. Alleine Dragonfyre

[​IMG]
    i love you @Amber Raine we're sad but SO HAPPY to see you get well. <3

It was an honour to work as a DJ for you at AR and will miss working with my 2nd family. Maybe someday we will do it again!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  16. Celith Wraine

Celith Wraine Avatar

It's been a honor to DJ for one the dearest people I know of

17. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I had a good cry last night and got emotionally naked at the meeting. Saying good bye as an AR DJ is tough.

I'd like to thank Amber for the opportunity to be a DJ. I found my voice and myself doing "Wylde Safari". She played a huge part in that and I will be ever grateful.

I am also thankful for all the AR DJs who took me under their wing, taught me what they know, gave me encouragement and helped me find courage to share my love of music. To the community who listened in to my show on Saturday nights, thank you! Your support is priceless.

I'd like to believe that when one door closes, another opens. You just never know what's around the bend. :)

Stay wild my friends.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  18. Lady Addy

Lady Addy Avatar

It was an honor to have been a DJ and playing music for you all over the past 5 years. Wishing everyone love, health and bacon. Because you’ve gotta rub some bacon on it. ❤️ ~DJ Lady Addy

19. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

PaxLair and myself would like to express how honored we've been to be associated with AR since it started. It is with the deepest appreciation that we say farewll.

On to the IMPORTANT ISSUE, it awesome news from your medical team, so very happy for you. If I can ever be of help or just an ear to listen, I'm always available for you Amber. God Bless.

20. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

This has been a grand adventure that we have shared. It is sad to see the end of the road for this party of the journey. I am sure new paths will lead to new joys. Continue to share the music my friend. <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.