1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Crown Migration for Release 61

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Starting in Release 61, we will be simplifying the crowns to simply be crowns rather than a specific metal type. No action is required by players and we will migrate these all during our Release 61 update window when the servers are down.

For example, if you now have 23 gold crown and 7 iron crowns, you will simply have 30 crowns after the migration. If you have crowns placed as decos, they will simply look like gold crown after the migration.

Going forward, all Obsidian potions will simple cost a crown vs a specific crown metal type.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2018
    By Tor, ZeCarlos, Lord Lonn and 33 others like this.
  2. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

While I like the simplification in terms of paying for stuff. I regret the loss of color in decoration and chance to "collect". Now all the coins on my mantle will be the same. Would it be too much trouble to keep all the types, but have them all have equal utility?

3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Some people might still want to keep other COTOs for home decoration. Would it be possible to do this instead?
    - Don't covert the COTO.
    - Allow players to trade other COTOs to gold COTOs at the COTO NPC merchant with 1-1 exchange rate.
    - Only Gold COTOs will now be the currency for all COTO merchants (items, potions, etc).
    - Stop dropping other type of COTOS from mob loots.

This way other COTOs will remain persistent as "rare collectibles". People will have a choice to convert to Gold if they want to spend them. Those who wish to keep colored COTOs as decoration would be fine as they are.

4. Curt

Curt Avatar

Simply make a 'new' decoration ... crown you can buy from coto vendor.
    You already has the tech in needed to show them as decoration after all.

Bom, Thwip, Arcanoxer and 6 others like this.
  5. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Darn it, love the deco look of the other crowns. Have them on most of my vendors on a table or on the ground as deco items.

Bom, Thwip, CrandalltheFoole and 4 others like this.
  6. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

@Chris can we PLEASE keep the other denominations, at least, for deco purposes? They would be INSTANT rares. Maybe convert their worth to gold cotos but allow us to keep the others as rare deco items.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  7. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Personally, I would rather they kept dropping but with more rarity than gold COTOs... they could be more like artifacts in the traditional sense... could even come up with a back story about how the coinage of the realm changed. Merchants or players would gladly exchange them for the current legal tender (gold COTOs).

LoneStranger, Illesac, Bom and 4 others like this.
  8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Bom likes this.
  9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

About time thank you!

10. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

perhaps some deco crowns need to be created to look like the others and we can buy those deco with our new converted coins? Just add the deco coins to the NPC Crown merchants.

11. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Guys, to be honest, we would like to do away with COTOs as decos. Feels like we have more than enough things that were actually intended to be decos that don't allow players to stack 1000+ small objects in a tight space.

12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

What I would like and LB suggested the possibility of is deco piles of various gold that we could buy or make that retuned it’s gold value upon resale.

I.e you buy a pile deco for 5k and down the road you could vendor it for 5k. 5k-100k piles that scale based on size.

I could make a awesome treasure room with this also great deco for dungeons also could serve as a pile of loot.

13. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Any chance the Obsidian Potion Reward can be updated to include the latest Obsidian Potion (Guidance?) as part of this?

14. Sales101

Sales101 Avatar

It’s sad to see all the different cotos go as deco but completely understand. Chris, can you please explain what’s going on with COTOs. The Crown merchants are missing the heraldry items other than the shield. Both you and Darkstarr have stated numerous times that everything on the store would be on the merchants. Trying to understand what is going on. Thank you for everything.

15. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

I'm not sure if this is the best idea but:
    Turn off deco for the gold COTOs...
    AND... leave the others in as deco-able.

Leave the conversion only 1 way, or even just more costly... the other direction... (Say 5 gold COTO to buy an ancient Iron COTO)

That would give: Rares, deco option, but not Scrooge McDuck levels of stacking, simplified merchants etc.. I like Brass Knuckles comment above! Deco piles. Not that I have that much... but ya know.

If its totally a done deal and you're just communicating the new reality that's fine too.

16. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Okay I get the clutter.. how about deco treasure piles that are one size Port creates? You can have a small, medium and large with mixed currency, other treasure like items in the pile, overflowing treasure chest, etc. I think I am sensing a possible telethon theme?. I get the idea of players wanting a treasure room.

17. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Is kinda sad you are ruining her shopkeepers deco :(
    She likes that she has the diff cotos on her counter, to reconcile at her (never) cash up) = purely deco.... Very :(

P.S. @Chris I only have 2 or three non gold cotos on my sales couter, to count at cash up, not 100's or 1000's of them :(

18. Alleine Dragonfyre

1000's? :( I own about 10 non-gold coins BECAUSE THEY NEVER DROP, @Chris The ones I have were given to me by Draylock when he quit.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  19. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

My Shopkeepers Sales Counter, looks just about the same...
    Just one of each coto type for deco....

*is :( about this potential change*
    Since I don't have more than is shown in @Alleine Dragonfyre 's screenshot of her shop.

@Chris I am not a RICH treasure/coto hoarder... (with 100's or 1000's in a stockpile somewhere)
    I just love the fact, that the colored cotos, make nice deco on my Shop Sales Counter....

20. Alleine Dragonfyre

@DarkStarr this is a rare opportunity to create actual dropped rares here...and coins to boot! no different than when a government mint discontinues a coin only these can't be spent. We'd finally see their actual worth, honestly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.