Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Broken?] Ask Harry About Red Cloth

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by AngelTerri, Nov 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelTerri

AngelTerri Avatar

So ... my husband and I are up to the point in this quest where we need to speak to Guard Harry about the red cloth. This step appeared after we spoke to Martin, and learned Harry got a discount on the red cloth.

I have looked this up online, and there isn't much to go on.

We have tried:

red cloth
    fire
    refugees
    accuse
    accusation
    discount

And nothing moves this part of the quest along. When looking through old bug releases, around #32, it was said to have been fixed, yet doesn't seem so.

Please advise.

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Did you first talk to Raymond the refugee? You need to say "fire" to him to officially start the quest, then you can eventually talk to Harry the Guard and say "red cloth" to him for a conversation choice.

3. AngelTerri

AngelTerri Avatar

Thanks for the reply @Sannio! I will put my answer in a Spoiler as well ...

So I went back to Soltown and spoke to Raymond about 'fire' as you suggested. He gave me some info about it, and I have a new task in my journal. This is confusing, as I spoke to someone else to get a task to find out about 'red cloth' as it was seen on a figure running away from the fire.

Edwin seemed to speak about it, but no one else. The confusing part, is how the journal entries work. You have it saying you need to speak to people in the town about 'fire' and 'red cloth', and that's it. The compass has magnifying glass icons spread out in a confusing way, that pretty much only point to Edwin, Martin, and Harry, but there is no indiciation of a correlation between the two journal quests, "Ask people about the fire" and "Ask Harry about red cloth" as neither quests puts them together in any way.

And since I ended up picking the 'red cloth' quest first, there is no indication I need to do anything about a 'fire' quest. I hope this makes sense, because in my mind, if you want to follow Truth, you sure aren't going to accuse Harry of lighting the fire when, essentially, you have no proof besides him getting a discount on 'red cloth' and he has it on his uniform.

There needs to be a better way to know how the two things go together. It was only when I accused Harry of starting the fire, did those two quests meld into one, when you choose whether you tell Raymond or Stanley.

Also, it is said in the journal I essentially have three options, tell Raymond, tell Stanley, or do nothing and hope Harry sorts it out. But there is no way to let Harry 'sort it out'. I tried talking to him again as if saying that I won't rat on him, but there was no option. Might be a good idea to add one.

I hope what I said makes sense, especially in a new player way.

ConjurerDragon likes this.
  4. AngelTerri

AngelTerri Avatar

Just gonna jump back in here with something else that happened ...

I had heard from Porto in the Inn that Raymond had lost his hammer. So I go back to speak with him, and continue more of his keywords. When I click on 'man' I get text that describes more of who set the fire, describing a young man. Buuut .. now, once again, I have a journal entry about "Ask people about red cloth". And it's stuck there ... hm.

So now what? Heh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.