Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Siege Engineer lag freezes and all npc's to Powerful

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Boradic Boneslasher, Nov 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

11/15/2018 16:36
    Title: Siege Engineer lag Freezes and all NPC's to powerful becoming able to Solo Pet Obsidian Destroyer
    Reproduction Rate: 100% (off 2 catapults fought at)
    Blocker? no
    Details: Siege Engineers are lag freezing while fighting an causing more to spawn at location ( had killed 5 of 6 and had 3 more spawned on screen). Also all mobs so far have been able to solo and almost kill my Obsidian Destroyer (dismissed wo he wouldn't die)
    Steps to Reproduce: Go to Catapult an attack Siege Engineers an all other mobs there. Summon Obsidian Destroyer an let him fight.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD A8-5545M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4) System RAM: 7364
    GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 8510G GPU RAM: 750
    SotA.Win.64.868.Date.11.14.18
    Area: SiegeEncounter_Forest01_Road/POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Luna City
    Area Display Name: Forest Siege
    Loc: (-50.9, 31.3, -111.4)
    Debug: U2llZ2VFbmNvdW50ZXJfRm9yZXN0MDFfUm9hZHxQT1RfZm9yZXN0X21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFiX3RlbXBsYXRlL0x1bmEgQ2l0eXwoLTUwLjkzNCwgMzEuMjg1LCAtMTExLjM1Myl8KDAsIC0wLjk2NCwgMCwgLTAuMjY2KXwtNTg4LjE5NTN8MzcuNTkyMXwxNC4zMTAyMw==

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Sieges have a wide spread of challenge within them. Specifically, the outer perimeter enemies are Tier 2, the camp cultists are Tier 4, the Siege Engineers are Tier 6, and the cabalists are even higher. This variety is intentional, and I think this is what you're seeing when you say enemies can be solo'ed and others can't ... you were probably able to solo the perimeter and camp cultists, but had some trouble with the tougher enemies.

Also, each catapult can only have two Siege Engineers at a time, with a maximum of 4 replacements at each catapult (total 6 to kill at each catapult). I think it's possible that when "3 more spawned" that it might have been, at worst, 2 engineers and 1 non-engineer cultist. The enemies in the whole scene respawn fairly quickly (much quicker than other scenes) and that was what you were seeing.

3. Boradic Boneslasher

I have been playing for years and 1 single tier 2 mob should not have been able to solo my obsidian destroyer (literally years lol) I am tamer/earth spec with 91 gm's an many of the taming skills 120 to 140. and to argue with me is kinda funny I posted the issue as a bug due to the fact I was on last siege engineer and 2 more had spawned, this was NO mistake.. Now I can't remember if I cleared it or if it killed me or if I ran but this did happen... AND just to let you know before you continue I solo the sieges including the head cabalist all the time an there is only 2 siege cabalist that I can not solo but if I bring even a level 60 with me those 2 are easy enough for me (got low focus with pet summoned). I really wish I had taken a picture of this but I was not able to at the time.... put to much time and money in to take a loss an say oh its ok , why not.....

4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I'm ALVL 106 - and most of the enemies around the catapults can still kick my butt if I'm being lazy/not paying attention/get some bad rolls/etc. They are yellow to me.

Perhaps you mistook some archers for engineers? Several releases back, siege engineers were switched to be archers.

Maybe check your game logs (chat log), and if you see any numbers that seem out of the norm, post it?

PS - watch out for those catapults - they hit hard.

PSS - @Sannio You may want to double check the tiers are working as you mentioned for the siege engineers and enemies by the catapult - I typically see a few of the siege engineers as "green" but the other harder enemies around the catapult (High Wizard, Marksman, Champion) are harder and always yellow to me (at AL 160).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  5. Boradic Boneslasher

lol i am abit above 106, back when I was full steam ahead I was 116, it was no mistake back when this bug was posted there was the issue with the lag, no clue why it took so long to get something back about it a month or so later. Rofl and again yall I clear the whole scene with no problem it was just after that release there was issues going on... kinda funny how yall making it sound like "my" mistake lol, when in actuality I was soloing the sieges back over a year ago, an with them making the engineers archers didn't change nothing. An yes I know the catapult hits hard I had seen it hit an kill my obsidian destroyer in one hit an my bear has 2.3k hp... still amazes me lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.