'Newer version required to play'

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vaentorian, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

I'm being prevented from logging in with the message below:
    ...but I have gone in through the launcher, several times now including a couple of times running it as an administrator, and there's no sign of any update, just the Play button. Is anyone else having issues with this? I last logged in just a few days ago btw with no trouble.

2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Assuming you're using the native launcher (and not Steam), look at the file C:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar_Data\gameversion.txt

It should currently contain "878". If it doesn't, it is possible that your install has become broken. I think the easiest way to force a fresh install is to delete gameversion.txt, which should cause the installer to download the (big) 0_878 patch file.

3. Vaentorian

Thanks for the pointers @Elwyn - that file is showing 878 so it looks like I am up to date, as I suspected. I'd really like to avoid a complete reinstall, especially if that wouldn't even fix the issue. Guess I'll leave it overnight in case it's magically fixed by tomorrow evening.

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Did you file a bug?

Vaentorian and Jaesun like this.
  5. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

If you are running the Steam Launcher, you may have files that have become corrupted. In your Games List, right-click on Shroud of the Avatar, then select Properties. Next, click the Local Files tab. Last, click on Verify Integrity of Game Files. If there are files that are corrupt they should be replaced. If this doesn't solve the issue, you may want to uninstall/reinstall the game.

Jaesun likes this.
  6. Vaentorian

Thanks for the prod @Rufus D`Asperdi - I'm very lazy but you're absolutely right, I should file a bug report. Got a [CICADA] error message instead this evening saying it might be a firewall issue, I'm not aware of having changed any settings but will do some more digging on my end before pushing it to Port.

And I'm not using Steam for SotA but thanks for the suggestion @Sorthious

Sorthious likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.