Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] TAUNT IS BROKEN

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by FrostII, Dec 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

12/14/2018 23:16
    Title: TAUNT IS BROKEN
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: Taunt has no effect on mobs that have been taunted since Taunt began working.
    UT Undead, no effect on a 6-stack, much less anything less than a 6-stack.
    Steps to Reproduce: Take a specialized tank to UT and have him/her Taunt.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (12) System RAM: 16296
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.884.Date.12.14.18
    Area: Novia_R8_Hills02_01
    Area Display Name: Upper Tears
    Loc: (457.1, -80.9, -244.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjhfSGlsbHMwMl8wMXx8KDQ1Ny4wNjUsIC04MC44ODgsIC0yNDQuNzU5KXwoMCwgLTAuOTk2LCAwLCAwLjA4OSl8MTkwLjQ3MDV8MjkuMTM2MjV8OS40MDc0MTg=

Botocks, Peabo, Flair and 1 other person like this.
  2. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

It is not just broken in upper tears but in any zone. We were in mysterious swamp this evening and could not taunt any mobs by either casting or direct targeting a mob and taunting. It gets very frustrating as a tank trying to control aggro for a group without taunt working properly.

Botocks, Peabo, Lancell and 1 other person like this.
  3. Botocks

Botocks Avatar

We went to Krampus (although there it is no problem), Mysterious Swamp and Spectral Peaks. After taunting the Spider Queen and the smaller spiders for a minute the first Arrow of our Bow-woman pulled Xen Trohop away from me. And our healer aggroed several small spiders with just one Healing Ray.
    Never happened before. So i can confirm that Taunt has no effect.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    Lancell, Flair and FrostII like this.
  4. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks for the report - 63498

5. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

Taunt still not Working as of Patch#888

FrostII likes this.
  6. BurningToad

What kind of situation? It should be noted that taunt is an AoE skill that adds a set amount of aggro per use to enemies in a radius around you. The number of enemies this can affect per use was changed from 5 to 15 in a recent patch. It is of course still possible to out damage this aggro that is added if someone else does enough damage.

7. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Just a thought - with this change to Taunt, do any changes need to be made to "Escape" also?

8. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

Hello @BurningToad ,

All situations - it is broken! It should be noted that this skill was working and now it's not so I know how to use the thing.

I used my pet for the test - Pets have next to zero aggro so after the Taunts did nothing, I hit it one time with an auto attack and gained the aggro.

Please see video link below.

Mhtic, Beaumaris and Justyn04 like this.
  9. BurningToad

Thank you for the video, it helps clarify the situation. I'm looking into it again now.

FrostII and Tazar like this.
  10. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

When using Taunt (UT) the MOBS seem to stand there for several seconds, like totally confused. In addition there seems to be a problem with elevation when Taunting. If the MOB is located above you, the chance to Taunt is almost zero. The others just react way too slow. Just my observations

FrostII likes this.
  11. Sabinn

Sabinn Avatar

You need to do a test with another person in party. Let pet get aggro, then let the person one tap for aggro, then taunt and see if it comes off the person. It may not be that taunt is broken but that enemies are not breaking off from pets alone. I will try to get someone to attempt my own test. I would like it if you did too? That way we can pin down the exact event progression. Cheers!

12. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

@BurningToad
    When you fix Taunt, please fix Escape also.
    The Bug is possibly related, because it stoppt working at the same time as Taunt.

I could previously run by my Bear with a bunch of mobs, spammed Escape and my Bear had the Aggro of all the Mobs. Now, nothing happpens at all. Its nearly impossible to loose the aggro with Espcape anymore.

FrostII and Echondas like this.
  13. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Might want to report the Escape bug separately and reference this thread, just to make sure it doesn’t get overlooked

FrostII and Jaesun like this.
  14. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Sabinn, @BurningToad, Sorry it took so long to get back to you, Holiday and all, But for sure Taunt is not fixed as well as Pull in Polearms and seems to affect many spells. On the issue of Taunt I thought originally that it was just an elevation issue. If you were on the exact same level (axis) as the MOB you could Taunt it or Pull it. However over time it seems that, that is only part of the problem. If I Taunt (UT) I can attract the attention of the MOBS but only when I move up forward as the first target. I though at first I was actually Taunting them but now I believe it was only because I was up front. Whoever is up front seemed to get aggro also and no matter how much one Taunts you cannot break that from another person or pet. I would have to classify it as 90% broken with about a 10% chance you can actually hold control of the MOB, but again only if it is close to you and on exactly the same axis. Officially to me it is outright broke and has been for close to two weeks. Pull is also broken, I can Pull about one in 10 where I was able to Pull over 90% and that is at GM. So again another skill broken. It is difficult to pin down exactly what is happening with UT being one of the best places to test it with it's different axis levels and multiple MOBS.

I realize that this has been a Holiday week and staff have been out, but we have been waiting two weeks or more for bug fixes that are have in many ways ruined the gaming experience for this Holiday Season. Besides Combat such as Taunt and Pull as well as some others. Along with reductions in mining sights and sources, In addition to it looking like Lava Fishing is either broken or giving a very poor rate of reward, there seems to be a real need to spend 100% of developer time fixing a mess of Bugs and problems. I know @BurningToad is trying to fix as much as he can as soon as he can but he is only one person who it sounds like to me is busting his butt to get these things fixed. Maybe some of the others should take the game as seriously,

FrostII likes this.
  15. BurningToad

The patch released today, 891, should resolve a number of issues with aggro, including taunt not working correctly. Let me know if yall still notice issues, thanks!

Mhtic and FrostII like this.
  16. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@BurningToad, Thanks for resolving the Taunt issue. I do have a question though. Has anything changed on the range distance for Taunt? It seems that previously I was able to Taunt further with a 100 (GM). This happened in Upper Tears. I increased my Taunt to 130 and it seems to work about the same as 100 did previously. I increased it when I noticed one of my guildmates with 135 was able to Taunt much more effectively. This makes sense since increasing the skill increases the range.

FrostII likes this.
  17. BurningToad

Nothing was changed with the range on the skill itself, though some of the factors with how taunt aggro was calculated did change, and could potentially be affected, though I wouldn't think it would be... does your guildmate think something changed with the range as well? Also, it's not clear from the description of the skill, but the taunt target area is cone shape AoE area in front of you when you cast, so if something is far away and you aren't facing towards it, it may not be in the cone.

18. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

This is what I notice as a mage in upper tears, my aoe damage gets initial agro and is causing damage then when the tank successfully taunts I receive a message that the target is out of reach dealing no damage from "spell".
    If when agro is switched is giving a false report of being out of "reach" it will be causing taunt not to work also.

Note - on agro switch the "out of reach" effect lasts less than a second. could also be desync issue??

[​IMG]

19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

My first question, @Peabo , would be: Was there more than 1 Lich Fighter in the scene ?

20. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

Yes more than one, its in upper tears xp farming area, what are your thoughts on this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.