Can we talk about USPS for a moment?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Earl Atogrim von Draken, Dec 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Let me guess. Your state isn't on the above map, the bering strait is around the corner and you will get a (hopfully high) cheque from your state this year?

Edit:
    December 13, 2018 08:32 CHICAGO,UNITED STATES ARRIVED

Yay!

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

If you ever asked yourself if the cliché of the overly correct germanz is true:

December 15, 2018 21:28 FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN,GERMANY HELD IN CUSTOMS
    December 15, 2018 14:52 GERMANY PROCESSED THROUGH FACILITY
    December 15, 2018 14:52 FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN,GERMANY HELD IN CUSTOMS

-.-

Elwyn and Sindariya like this.
  3. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

you still can get it till christmas.

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

If they clear it today untill afternoon it should be with me tomorrow. IF ^^

Addison likes this.
  5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

I RECIEVED A MESSAGE FROM THE FUTUR!

December 19, 2018 23:59 GERMANY DELIVERED

Yeah....no.
    Will be hell lotta fun to clarify where this packed went. And that over the holidays. Shoot me.

Cordelayne likes this.
  6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Hurmpf. Is it possible that the sender has to file the complaint?
    Can't file a complaint because i can't even choose my country in the destination.

7. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Logistics you ask?

So many of us measure USPS success by the number of days it takes for a package to arrive, but don't think of the amazing logistical system required to make that happen.

So here are some fun statistics:

USPS had $69.6 billion in operating revenue in 2017. If a private sector company, the Postal Service would rank 37th in the 2017 Fortune 500. In the 2017 Global Fortune 500 list, its ranked 99th.

USPS has a lot of ground to cover and delivers mail across all of it. Germany that the OP cited is approximately 357,022 sq km in size, while United States is approximately 9,833,517 sq km.

Across that area, there are 30,825 Postal Service-managed retail post offices in the United States.

The Postal Service served 157.3 million delivery points nationwide in 2017 with 1.2 million new delivery points added to the network.

During FY 2017, USPS traveled 1.5 billion miles to deliver your mail, equivalent to 61,217 laps around Earth, 6,381 trips to the moon or 16 trips to the sun.

The Military Postal Service provides service in 60 countries. There are 201 land-based and 147 onboard ship Post Offices. There are 818 military ZIP Codes around the world, with more than 1.2 million delivery points.

In 2017, usps.com recorded 1.9 billion visits - averaging 6.3 million visitors each day.

USPS continues to be one of the largest employers in the nation. . There were 503,103 career employees in 2017. The number of non-career employees was 141,021.

USPS are amongst the greatest logistical geniuses on the planet. Not just when they were the pony express. Just expect fewer miracles in December when they are busiest.

8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Yeah that was what i was looking for. Though you sound like a USPS PR person ^^
    Non the less, for the moment it seems they delivred my pack to...nowhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.