[Suggestion] Armor & Weapons as Cosmetic gear?

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by AngelTerri, Dec 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelTerri

AngelTerri Avatar

So my husband and I LOVE the Obsidian outfits we got from the store, but alas, we need to put them away to get real armor.

We are not asking for stats to be put on the Obsidian armor set, but is there a way (possibly in the future) for a type of cosmetic slot or ability to make a piece of armor you are wearing look like something else?

Like how EverQuest 2 has a separate slot for it, or how FF14 has a way you can use armor plates or glamour prisms to change the look of a piece of gear.

Thanks for considering!

2. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

This capability exists already in game - you can salvage those pieces and you will get a pattern, which you can apply to your armor. Although it would be nice to have this done via cosmetic slots, they opted for the pattern system.

Kabalyero Kidd likes this.
  3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

here in the screenshot my avatar is wearing a White Iron Lord British Helm but it's actually an Epic Plate Helm... I salvaged the Lord British Helm to get the pattern and applied it on the Epic Plate Helm to change how it looks...

[​IMG]

FrostII and ldykllr like this.
  4. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

There are also different types of patterns - Eternal and regular. You can tell what type of pattern it is by hovering over the item - in the screenshot above you can see that it says "Eternal". Eternal patterns can be reused and you get them back by salvaging a piece of armor. You typically get Eternal patterns from store-bought items and some quest items (I think). Regular patterns come from other items (like certain weapons and armor that you loot from NPC's) and can only be used once (once you salvage the item, you do not get the pattern back). You can also buy pattern removers from the Add-On store (I think they may also be available in-game on the COTO vendors, I'm not positive about that tho) to remove patterns without salvaging an item.

The recipe in the recipe book will be a "Reshaping" recipe - this is what you use with the pattern on the piece of armor to make it look like that pattern :)

5. AngelTerri

AngelTerri Avatar

So if I Salvage the Obsidian gear and use the apttern of it, and then change my armor ir is on (like a cloth chest) would I be able to do it again? I'm assuming since I bought it off the Add-On store. Will have to look about it later, but thanks for info.

6. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Yes, as long as it is an "Eternal" pattern. Those you get back by salvaging the piece of armor you applied them to and then you can reapply it to another piece of armor :)

If you have questions, feel free to ask me in-game (Robyn Hood)

Jaesun likes this.
  7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

And if you use an Eternal Pattern on a piece of crafted gear and you want to get the Eternal Pattern off of it - without salvaging - that piece of armor, then you can use a Pattern Remover to do just that.

Kabalyero Kidd likes this.
  8. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

One thing about the Eternal patterns vs. the original store item - if I understood this correct. such pattern rehued items can be looted if you participate in PvP.

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Just make sure the armor types match. Cloth can only change the look of cloth. Leather works on both bone and leather armor. Chain on chain, plate on plate.

Jaesun likes this.
  10. AngelTerri

AngelTerri Avatar

Ah! Thank you for that as well.

I will go try it out! :D

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.