Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Zero damage!

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Barugon, Dec 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

12/15/2018 00:47
    Title: Zero damage!
    Reproduction Rate: I can reproduce this 100%. See the second post.
    Blocker? No.
    Details: Ok, I've been reporting this issue for a few releases now and it got a lot worse in R61 QA (see this post). I've also posted videos showing it in action and have gotten no response to my bug reports. Below is yet another video showing the issue. This happened to me several times in the hour that I was in Etceter Crag Mines.
    Steps to Reproduce: See second post.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 32163
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 8192
    SotA.Linux.64.884.Date.12.14.18
    Area: Novia_R2_Hills01_EtceterCragMines/Mines01
    Area Display Name: Etceter Crag Mines
    Loc: (34.6, -10.0, 56.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjJfSGlsbHMwMV9FdGNldGVyQ3JhZ01pbmVzfE1pbmVzMDF8KDM0LjU4OSwgLTEwLjAwNCwgNTYuODE3KXwoMCwgMC44ODgsIDAsIDAuNDYxKXwtNjU5Ljg1NzR8MzAuNTk5fDIuODM2ODEz

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    mystarr, Peabo and Jaesun like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I was able to replicate this from start to finish in this video. To cause this, all I needed to do was jump high enough. After initializing the attack on the elder desert wolf, I jump down the hill that I'm standing on, which causes the wolf to go into "I'm taking zero damage" mode.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Thanks for the post. Is it possible to reproduce this situation without the pet?

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

All you have to do is jump high enough or over something so that the "I'm taking zero damage" mode is activated. The most bogus aspect of it is that mobs that use ranged attacks do it also.

Chrystoph Reis likes this.
  5. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I can confirm this to be true. Anything where the NPC thinks you are losing aggro, you go into 0 hit mode. cannot engage until eith A) it leashes and resets, or B) you are in a party and someone else gets aggro.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The problem is the anti-cheat scheme that they implemented a few releases back (to prevent people from attacking mobs that can't reach them) that has been a source of frustration for regular players, like me, since it's inception.

golruul likes this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Here's how child zombie encounter work for me currently (it only seems to happen to a few of them). This is with the spear skill, GM Spear. Of note I have no summons, also I'm not jumping around also we are all on the same height. Only auto-attack does damage. Special attacks do nothing. This also happens to other mobs (like the Uflmuner, but only occasionally).

12/17/2018 18:38
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.885.Date.12.17.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Dragomir Mori
    Area Display Name: Dragomir Mori
    Loc: (42.5, 38.2, -107.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERyYWdvbWlyIE1vcml8KDQyLjQ4NywgMzguMTc2LCAtMTA3LjE2MSl8KDAsIDAsIDAsIC0xKXwxNzYuMjAxNXwyNi4zNDE1NXw4LjQ0NjM2NQ==

EDIT: The above info is just the current system and patch. This happens in any of the overland zombie encounters. If you would like me to test any other things, just let me know, I would be happy to help!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Yep, this is super annoying. Had it happen on ancient dragons in north blackblade foothills, in upper tears, spectral peaks, at the spider boss, Elysium mines and mysterious swamp. this ish appening all over the place now. I am just going to go for a smoke, calm down and go craft, game is to broken and frustrating for me to play right now.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Pawz had a theory that it might be people wearing the shroud, but that's been counteracted by @Jaesun's video

Jaesun likes this.
  10. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Yeah a few people not wearing the shroud have had it happen.

11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I was not wearing the shroud at the dragons either.

Alley Oop likes this.
  12. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

If you notice it is combination problem. When you go 'out-of-range' and something else gets Aggro, that is when the problem happens. If your pet hadn't drawn aggro, the mob would just rubberband and then come back to attack you. I had this happen in party mode with other Avatars. I briefly get out of range, another player draws aggro, then I can't attack my target anymore till that player dies, or themselves get out-of-range. Whatever is going seems to be caused by the mechanics used to determine Aggro.

Chrystoph Reis and Mac2 like this.
  13. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Totally.

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I just had this happen to me with a Rogue in twin foothills. I was just fighting one, he had me targeted. I did have my Wisp out. None of my special attacks we doing anything. I ran a short distance away from him, and exited combat. And then entered combat. And engaged him again. My special attacks then started working on him.

I’m going to try and see if just moving away fixes it or if you need to exit combat. This was on 885.

15. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

by the cotton bush?

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/known-special-attacks-do-nothing.136646/

16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@Alley Oop I wasn’t paying attention to the surrounding, so I don’t know if one was near by?

Of note, the no special attacks hitting, is 100% repeatable in the child zombie area, for me. I think I’ll run around there and try a few different things.

I just finished downloading 886.

17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I had this issue several times last night in Deep Ravenswood. I tried going out of and back into combat mode and it had no effect. It seems the only thing that resets it is if the mob leashes.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is not entirely true. I've had instances where I'm standing on something, shooting a ranged mob (archer, mage, etc) and doing zero damage. In those instances, I'm well within their attack range. This entire anti-cheat mechanism that they have implemented is just broken.

19. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hello, thank you very much for the reports and videos. I believe I was able to track down most of this problem, at least the part where it got a lot worse this release. Look for a fix in a patch tomorrow. At least part of the issue was due to an AI optimization we made, but missed adjusting some other things that needed fixing as part of this optimization.

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Thanks, looking forward to trying it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.