Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cannot get into Artifice behind the Welcomer

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Randbo, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

i cannot get past that big yellow archway upstairs behind the welcomer. here is some info:
    1. spoke with lady ransom and picked the peaceful option. went to crag mines with lady ransom note and lady ransom package on me and the bandits there all attacked me. i wound up killing them all along with the bandit leader. multiple times with NO CHANCE of talking to him. looted him for the black iron ore.
    2. the harbormaster took the ore and sent me off to xenos to see notus the elf. i bypassed captain black the first time. the second time i used him to get to xenos.
    3. both times at xenos the elf said i was ready to on to artifice. i mentioned bonesteel to him and he said i was the avatar and had the key.
    4. everytime the welcomer said go right on in if i had the key to my desires. his list of talk items never changed. he wasnt interested in bonesteel.
    i mentioned bonesteel to everyone.
    the yellow archway entrance is blocked before i get to the steps right in front of it. its like a zone boundary. like an invisible wall there.
    i have a feeling that i cannot go into artifice with lady ransoms note and package still on me. i now have a black iron ore on me as well. i did turn that over to the harbormaster before tho. just got another one.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  2. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

i reset my quests and did it again, this time i said no to lady ransom and went in and killed everyone and looted the chief for the black iron ore. the harbormaster was happy and on i went to xenos and artifice
    welcomer said go right on in if you have the key to your desire.
    BLOCKED AGAIN.

12/20/2018 22:26
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz (8) System RAM: 65471
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8113
    SotA.Win.64.888.Date.12.19.18
    Area: Novia_R11_Hills01_ArtificeEntrance/Inactive
    Area Display Name: Artifice
    Loc: (-0.9, 72.8, -151.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjExX0hpbGxzMDFfQXJ0aWZpY2VFbnRyYW5jZXxJbmFjdGl2ZXwoLTAuOTIsIDcyLjc3MSwgLTE1MS44MDQpfCgwLCAtMC4wMzksIDAsIDAuOTk5KXwxOS40NDgyM3wyMi41MzkzfDEuMjU=

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  3. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

ok the problem was i was NOT in a solo instance. i teleported in each time and other players were around.
    once i left to the island and went back into artifice zone, i was in a solo instance.
    i made it right in then.
    THE KEY IS TO WALK INTO THE ZONE.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Daxxe Diggler, Jaesun and margaritte like this.
  4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report and for sharing how you were able to troubleshoot the issue. Issue #63586

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.