Modular home building

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by ldykllr, Dec 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

So, this is an idea that just occurred to me while I was talking about dungeons with guildies....but wouldn't it be cool if they could take the dungeon tech and in a future episode, apply that to housing? The ability to build a house using different pieces on a lot (I'm sure there are some tech hurdles for doing it above ground, but I have faith in you Port!)

Also, I'm sure that there would have to be limitations, but as performance gets better maybe this is something that could happen.

2. Lace

Lace Avatar

And patterns for floor textures, wall colors .... so that folks can finally have painted homes!

Would be a little like fallout 76 home building but less piece meal

ALso

I cannot say how much I think this is such a fantastic idea.

Nick and ldykllr like this.
  3. oplek

oplek Avatar

I was thinking about whether the dungeons was Port trying to do housing again. After all, "dungeons" don't tend to have that many spas. The housing system is very static as it is - static sized lots, with static sized and positioned houses. If they wanted to do an above-ground version, with dynamic-sized lots, that'd be neat... as long as there's some purpose for it, other than some place to put non-functional decorations.

As uninteresting as Legends of Aria is to me, it did find it notable that you could (from what I understand) 1) dynamically specify the dimensions of your lot, and 2) you actually had to build the house over time.

Maybe the lot deeds that we have should translate into the "points" system, and they could work on a housing v2.0 that we could transition into.

4. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

That would be pretty cool... 7 story village lot, lol

5. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

I love this idea, and anything that gets us closer to modular housing. I love designing things. There are already a whole lot of walls and blocks, and making these more usable for folks who like building in game would be wonderful. The placement system is pretty robust already, and it wouldn't take much. Folks have already created a whole lot of interesting places. Put in a few roof pieces to stop the rain from falling down, and I would get rid of my house altogether.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.