Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The most un-fun thing in SotA right now

Discussion in 'Release 61 Feedback' started by Barugon, Dec 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I jump out from where I'm hiding and release that six-stack of Rapid Fire on a mob only to find that every arrow does zero damage.

I understand that you all want to have anti-cheating mechanisms but this one is a poor design and it's killing the fun.

2. vetrom

vetrom Avatar

This happens to me fairly often as well, when opening up with a melee ability such as rend or double slash.

Edit: except in my case, the ability doesnt register as hitting anything even though I am point blank and in auto-AA range of the mob.

Barugon likes this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

What mob, where ?

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Not a single mob, not a single location. In fact, it happens everywhere with any mob. All it takes is for the AI to think that it can't path-find to me for even a millisecond and my shots do no damage for a few seconds.

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Barugon
    You mentioned "jumping out from where I'm hiding".... Does it only happen when you are hidden just prior to shooting ?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  6. Floors

Floors Avatar

But people went and made angry videos on youtube where they lambasted the devs for being allowed to sit on rocks and "farm" enemies with no danger.

So it seems that the devs can't really win in this case.

I haven't really noticed this because I do melee, but I could see this being annoying for archers.

7. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

archery in general needs a pass.
    1) blowing LONG cooldowns for 0 hits sucks
    2) auto-attack is really annoying that it goes off even before you trigger a first hit - serious, get your bow out and tab to anything and it'll start blasting
    3) having it hit whats not targeted when what you have targeted is out of range, sucks when trying not to pull spider chosen ones and in general when tabbing around before battle. Keep in mind that you can be forced into battle and will just start shooting against your will.
    4) shooting down any kind of ramp(like in the rise) should be advantageous to us but mobs somehow get cover from it instead.

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I find it somewhat amusing how now when you jump up on a rock, instead of just losing aggro and snapping back to where they came from, they will follow you to the ends of the earth their leash limit until they get one hit in on you. And you can be twenty meters away when they get that last hit in. I'm wondering how long it will take until someone figures out a way to abuse that behavior. To be fair, initial sight aggro is so strong that this probably won't add much to being able to kite adds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.