Tamed Pets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kelanor, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

So I found a player made pet whistle for a dog on a random mob, summoned it. Wondering how to view it's stats now. How do I make it stronger?

Does it have a skill menu like in ultima online where I have to train it's combat skills to make it stronger?
    (Like Ultima Online you had to raise a pet's wrestling/tactics/anatomy, and maybe magery/eval int/meditation if it had magic.)

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Nothing like that at the moment.
    They have mentioned in a livestreams that one day we will be able to control and train our pets.
    I liked the UO taming, Especially since they brought in the special pet skills.

Chatele likes this.
  4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Talking about taming is like beating a dead horse. They have promised taming and summoning balance in r62 I’m not even sure if they understand the issues (many). They have said whisltew will be masterworkable and that they would expand taming in eps 2 we will see.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  5. Bioxide

Bioxide Avatar

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

I was rezzing my dead pet today and although it said 100 percent and looked successful, the pet stayed dead for a bit. So, naturally I just levelled up my pet rez skill quite a bit before it did in fact, come back to life.

I've also lost 2 pets under suspicious conditions, so I empathize.

7. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I like the info on the summons in R62 that attunement level will affect the pet as well pet levels will open up new abilities. I found that comparing tamed to summons was very unbalanced. I do understand that tamers lose a neck slot which should offer some benefit for this, however summons compared to destroyer are no where even close for the loss. If taming is to be a complete class then they need to make more adjustments on the character side if they are to make the pets the main DPs for the character. Not sure how they could go about that. If they dont then you end up with a person / pet that become too powerful making it a requirement for people if they want to compete.

If they allow all summons, pets to be close then it make more sense. I do thing the tamers should get more utility for the lose of stats from the necklace. however if true that one can soon MW the whistles etc then there could be no reason not to make pets / summons more balanced. just my thoughts as a pure mage.

8. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

yall new people just remember remember all the old tamers have been grinding out complaints bout the same things for for years and years and years and years and with all the promises about they fixing and improving it , and with that fix which would never be considered a fix by anyone only brought a whole hell of a lot more problems. I am still hoping they do something... I haven't been on more then prob 1 or 2 times in last 3 months but still paying my sub.. tell I see what will happen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.