best mines for each ore?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Nevyn Waldail, Jan 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

What are the best mines for each ore in peoples opinions?
    Thanks

2. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

My opinion (all tier 5):
    - Iron: Spectral (also good for Granite)
    - Silver + Copper: Elysium
    - Gold: no good one, best is Etceter if you have some RL time to spare before respawns. Did not try Graff for a while
    Etceter is + Iron and Graff with + Copper

Lord Lonn, Jaesun, Barugon and 2 others like this.
  3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Wanted to write the same - it's still done ;)
    Keep in mind:
    In Elysium you can mine more easy than in Etceter. A few Satyrs and Ghosts around.
    There are more enemies in Etceter. Bandits and Ghosts and Skeletons (hardened).

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Gold is easy to get from plains enounters. Oddly, in this game silver is rarer and more important.

5. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

6. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

I do not really agree.
    Plain encounters are fine for lower level avatars but only have few (4?) nodes, not worth for real mining.
    I would say silver is more abundant than gold, you can get quite some silver from Elysium (which is by far the easiest T5 mine as Paladin Michael noted, mainly because you usually only have to fight 1 enemy at once).
    Silver and gold are both used for MW and enchant, usually MW is done first so you need more silver because of fails, but I would not say its more important.

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah theres only 4 nodes, but you can do them over and over and they’re all over the map, making them easy to repeat. I was at spectral the other day and theres only what, 8 nodes? so you have to do the same thing. They are also immediately accessible with weak enemies and you dont have to go through an annoying foothills scene to get to them.

I’m only mining for personal use tho, not selling large amounts or anything.

Silver is required for taming collars, whcih if you are into taming you use alot of. Its also used in tool engraving. I have more need for silver, but I guess I should have specified my use case, not everyones.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  8. Bramble Riversong

Bramble Riversong Avatar

etceter is great you do first floor then second floor then go back to first floor its respawned further floor got some more powerful mob for new player maybe hard

9. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

Thanks for the information folks. I currently do Elysium and Graff a fair bit but it's generally Iron I struggle to get in any decent quantities. Also some clay would be nice.

Had some fun in etceter but didn't quite get the Lich as had to log off, will try that again for iron. Bottom floor of Graff is loaded with gold.

10. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

One of the reasons I tell people I can help clear it if they are interested.

There are days where I don't need Ore and start looking through my list of interesting places to revisit. Maybe they can use LFG to find a friendly partner to help clear the way for lower level miners. I've done it before. Etceter really isn't a problem for me anymore. And to solo level 3, I can with some prep. I know others have done this as a service as well.

Plus I've GM'd all mining skills so they can level up faster with me around :)

Nevyn Waldail likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Etceter is good for gold. You just have to constantly fight bandits, ghosts and skeleton warriors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.