Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mouse Look NPC Interactions

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Kelanor, Dec 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

12/30/2018 7:00
    Title: Mouse Look Troubles
    Reproduction Rate: Tested with All NPCs
    Blocker? Yes, for anyone that this bug hits
    Details:

Any time I talk to any NPC with mouse look enabled my cursor becomes frozen and i can't move it at all to interact with the merchant at all. Also can't type to the merchant 50% of the time so I can't even progress the conversation. Have to hit ESC to exit the conversation, toggle off mouse look, and restart conversation.

Same Also happens when certain windows are opened/closed. Mouse look will re-enable itself at times while inventory or similar windows are still open, forcing me to ESC out of everything to turn off mouse look and try again.

Steps to Reproduce: Talk to any NPC with mouse look enabled.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX 4300 System RAM: 8gb
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 GPU RAM: 2gb
    SotA.Win.64.890.Date.12.21.18
    Area: Any City
    Area Display Name: Any City
    Loc: Anywhere
    Debug:

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #63581

3. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

@Sannio This has been a problem for a very long time. There seems to be a switch set backwards when you initiate talking to the merchant. It starts to switch you to cursor mode but within a quarter second it seems to think you were already in cursor mode so it auto switches you, thus putting you back into mouse-look again.
    If you have your conversation UI locked, then you can toggle back into cursor mode {note, this toggle is set to blank by default, bad design}. However, if you do not have the conversation UI locked then you will not be able to use the toggle because the TAB key (a standard map to the toggle) does not work in the conversation UI. If you are lucky, you can hit ESC one time and then TAB, but this is rare. Hitting ESC twice is best, toggle to cursor, then talk to merchant again.

Want me to attach my old bug report on the TAB key problem? It was ignored before so I never reported this and just worked around it. Though it still frustrates me.

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the extra info! I'll add it to the same report.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.