Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Stuck in Tutorial area - Blocker

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Slygon, Jan 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slygon

Slygon Avatar

I haven't played in a while, so I started over.. I wanted to see the new tutorial anyway.

So, I started a Truth path character, went and completed the tutorial area, and then entered the moon rift and teleported to the Blood River Massacre area. I then quit when I got there.

I logged back in later, and I am back in the tutorial area, and the lunar rift is not working, and I am stuck... I can't even go talk to Anais and redo the tutorial... I am just stuck.....

2. Slygon

Slygon Avatar

Part II - I logged out of the game a couple of times, and the lunar rift worked... so I am no longer stuck... but you may want to look at that one anyway... less important now.

Thanks!

- Slygon

Aldo likes this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report, and I'm glad you were able to finally advance in the game! I'll poke around regarding the issue you described and see what I may need to fix.

Slygon likes this.
  4. Slygon

Slygon Avatar

One thing... as I only get a few minutes at a time to play... when I change areas, and then log out, it doesn't seem to save where I am.... I made it to the Blood River Outskirts, talked to a couple of people, then logged out..... today, I log back in, and I am back at the beginning area of Blood River Massacre.... Is there a trick or proper way to make sure my location is saved on log out?

Thanks again, I wish I had more time to play.... I really do enjoy the game.

- Eric (Slygon)

5. Sannio

Most scenes will remember where you logged out and let you log back in at that same location, but some scenes always force you to enter the scene at the one default entrance. All dungeons are that way, but so are some outdoor scenes like Grannus Colossus and Boreas Colossus. Blood River Massacre is another one of those scenes that compels you to enter at the default location.

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

psst... he didn't save off in the battle, he was in the outskirts

7. Sannio

Oops! Nice catch. Another case of me trying to do too many things at once and showing off my lack of reading comprehension skills! :} I was focusing on the "not save where I log out" concept and not on the "I'n in the wrong scene" part. My explanation is probably still valid for why they're at the start of the scene he enters, but I still need to poke into why they're logging into the wrong/previous scene.

Alley Oop likes this.
  8. Sannio

Some important questions came to me that I was hoping you could answer...
    1. Are you playing in offline or online mode?
    2. When you enter the new scene, how long is it until you log out?
    3. Do you notice any errors when you enter the new scene, or when you are logging out?
    4. How do you "log out"? For example, are you using a menu to log out or, if you're in windowed mode, are you clicking the "X" to close the window?
    I'll pass along your answers to one of our programmers who'll be taking a look into this issue.

9. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

I ran into the same issue on my offline mode game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.