Feedback lord or lady of the isles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Jan 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcyumyum

dcyumyum Avatar

With the issues from shipping boxes, lord forged items, duke heads, printing of books and not fitting in boxes, I don’t think their track record would lead me to spend that much money for items, dinners etc that might not come to fruition.

2. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

I'd be happier to see an upgrade option for my original tax free deeds.

Bom, Duke Olahorand, Hazard and 8 others like this.
  3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Totally agree with the OP. I'd probably have bought one or two city lot deeds long ago, but did not due to the taxes.

If I'm decorating a lot or building a town, I'm doing that as part of play for the long haul.

Taxes demand that I do it for … today.

And frankly, I have to travel and work for a living. I dont have time (or really desire) to put quarters in the machine every day.

But I may invest in the long term.

4. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Devalued once again. don't do ii
    Not enough original Backers Left to notice?

Bom likes this.
  5. dcyumyum

dcyumyum Avatar

How so?

FrostII likes this.
  6. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Right now We have no benefit for being in a main npc town as it is

FrostII likes this.
  7. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I believe these are coming.

As for the feedback, we'll be making a few changes to sexy of the LotI. Also, going forward when we kill the cash shop, this type of in game + out of game type of super premium package is something we can't really sell in game. We brought this type of package back because we have had a handful of people request them. I think when the store tear down is complete, there will likely be the store page with crowns, and ep2 early access and rewards program and then there will be a benevolent benefactor type page where we'll have the charity item store and once in a while, very limited packages like these for those who wish play a larger role in helping the game and interacting with the team.

BTW, one of the items we talked about but didn't include that I'm restarting the discussion on, was including an optional house that is effectively a replica of the main castle in Central Brittany. Most people probably haven't even noticed but this castle and walls are the exact width of a castle lot but just a bit shorter. The castle was built from kit pieces so it is pretty easy to configure and move around and make more useful as a player space. For reasons that don't really make sense any more, previously all houses were made to fit on a city lot. That leaves a LOT of dead space for a castle lot.

Also, apologies if this package came out a bit rough and not as sexy as it should have but as I think they mentioned on the live stream, I was out all week with acute bronchitis. I went in on Wednesday to try and make a go of it and just made it worse and I ended up on steroids and antibiotics the last 3 days. I'm doing better now and should be back on Monday.

If figuring out a way to fairly make it effectively a tax free deed, adding in a significant Brittany style and size castle, and a bit more sexy will make them feel a bit more fair then I'm sure we'll figure out a way to make it happen. Again, sorry for being sick as it piles tons of load on everyone when I'm out. :(

Also, on the Lord of the Isles, we're obviously naming these for the some what serpent shaped isles that we've shown a few times as the main area of episode 2 play space but it actually has a longer history as a Scottish title of nobility. Not sure if it is historically accurate or not but the Brittany castle always felt a bit Scottish to me

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_the_Isles

As always, thanks for the feedback and know that we listen as best we can with our limited time.

8. Floors

Floors Avatar

Feel better soon, wishing you a speedy recovery

A replica castle on that scale certainly increases the value substantially...

Bom, majoria70, CICI and 1 other person like this.
  9. CICI

CICI Avatar

I like to see higher level rewards program $20 ect with more cotos or something @Chris

Boris Mondragon, Cirsee, Bom and 4 others like this.
  10. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Coming soon! We already talked about this but not sure where it stalled out.

Cirsee, Bom, Daxxe Diggler and 6 others like this.
  11. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

@Chris if you succeed at bundling a home that actually fits a castle lot, that's something rare enough that you might actually sell all of these. I'm not sure I agree with a 1-to-1 copy of LB's in-game home, but something on that scale would be a huge draw.

If you build some kind of Spanish galleon that would only fit on castle water lot, I'd probably start selling my blood and save up for that. I get that there's a lot of cost in creating those rare items, but you have to find some time to create new homes.

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I hope we stay on track. Of course its ok to offer suggestions for what should be added into bundles and packages but still imo there are important points not to be over-looked.

1)it is ok and needed to offer more expensive packages to help fund episode 2 and the game,

2)Taxed deeds for these are not ok to use,

3)We need payment plans for those who want to purchase them but can't if we don't have payment plans. Please add these. It is part of the reason the kickstarter was so successful and I'm not joking.

4)We need to include episode 2 content things in the upcoming bundles and packages that are offered.

5) We need exciting future things that are coming to be included like I mentioned special mounts, special boats, treasure hunting tools etc. If we go all over the place asking for things consider it is a distraction and imo loses focus on some key points in funding this game will be missed.

Think to the future and what can be. Ok I had to say that not trying to stifle but of course imo :)

13. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

This. It is nice that a new building is being considered rather than just picking 2 existing homes. BUT floating that reskining Arabellas castle or slightly altering it something awesome...is not super inspiring.

I know you guys are short on artists and resources, but if you want people to shell out this type of money a new castle home design isn’t too much to ask, not a reskin of an in game asset. You are pushing it on reskins as it is for livestream rewards (anyone want more pavers?). If that isn’t possible I would recommend thinking about lower those prices quite a bit.

Thank you for taking another look at this, but please sit down and think why people spend so much for these. Yes, it is to help support Port but it is also for rare items that are special. A ring, house reskin and vague TBD items isn’t going to get there for a lot of us.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  14. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

This ^^^^
    I would have had to settle for much less if it weren't for those payment plans and I'm sure I wasn't alone.
    Port still gets the funds and players can "buy higher".
    That's a win/win if I ever saw one.

Sea Bear, Pifester, Bom and 6 others like this.
  15. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

As written above:

16. dcyumyum

dcyumyum Avatar

People if you need a payment plan to buy in game virtual items you may want to rethink your priorities. As @Lord Trady of Blix pointed out these items are in the range of some real life valuable assets. I'm not telling you not to purchase these as in the long run they may help hire more people, keep the game going, give us some much needed fixes in game, but you should ensure that you are not putting yourself in a situation where if something changes and you need the payments for something more important or urgent that you have to stop your payment and all of the money you already put in is wasted. Again I'm not saying they shout not do this, I am only saying be sure to evaluate your priorities and be financially responsible especially in this new year. Most importantly HAVE FUN!

Boris Mondragon, Bom and Gia2 like this.
  17. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Thanks Dad.

18. Curt

Curt Avatar

Instead of payment plans, make one more account at your bank and monthly transfer some money to it, then when it's enough buy.

Castle lots have indeed a very high tax, maybe instead of 1 year free have it set at N% of normal tax.
    With the title lord of the isle could limit it to water lot only and make a new house that clearly only fits near water.
    Perhaps a building ideal have tenants in.

Bom likes this.
  19. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Is it his in game home? It's Castle Brittany. Castle British, his home, is rumored to be in Episode 2. I thought that was his home.

Bom likes this.
  20. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

I have to say I very much disagree with Gloop on lowering prices if the Brit Castle is reskinned. Compare the near double price current Lord of the Manor pledges were for a much smaller home and I think you'd see why. If it does go forward, then I really think current LOTM holders should also have a way of obtaining the home to fit a castle lot - they've already paid much more for a lot less home.

Sea Bear, Bom, Malimn and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.