Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Necklace of Civility reduces health and focus

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by spainchaud, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

Reproduction rate: 100%

When I equip the necklace my health drops by 19 points (730 -> 711) and focus drops by 22 points (759 -> 737).

01/09/2019 20:55
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32725
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPU RAM: 11127
    SotA.Win.64.892.Date.01.08.19
    Area: OwlsHead
    Area Display Name: Owl's Head
    Loc: (99.6, 63.6, -207.8)
    Debug: T3dsc0hlYWR8fCg5OS42MjMsIDYzLjYyNywgLTIwNy44MjkpfCgwLCAtMC45NzEsIDAsIC0wLjI0KXwtNTM2LjI1MDR8MjYuNDY4NDh8MS4yNQ==

2. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

I see now it is not the Necklace of Civility that is causing the problem because the same exact thing is happening with the Necklace of Cautious Precision. I will try to test with other necklaces.

Same problem with a summoning whistle and the Heart of Sorrows!

3. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The Necklace of Civility should actually increase your health and focus. Not sure about the other necklaces. So, when you remove the Necklace of Civility, your health and focus should drop.

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Could you possibly be replacing a necklace that had strength, int, and/or health/focus stats when you are equipping either of these artifacts?

If the item you remove to put them on had stats that increased your health/focus... it could be this stat reduction change that is causing the loss and not the equipping the artifact part of the equation.

Easiest way to test this is to remove any neck item, check health/focus, equip artifact.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

I am tested by equipping and unequipping a single item.

So just now I did a test. Open character sheet and see H/F = 750/759. Take off Necklace of Civility and stats are unchanged. Put on necklace again and H/F = 731/737. Move forward 1 step and H/F = 750/759.

So all my previous testing while standing still means little I guess. This is all very buggy.

So with more testing I see that after I add/remove the necklace I must do something, like move, in order to see the correct health and focus. So I now see that after movement, the Necklace of Civility does increase health and focus. So the bug is in the way the character sheet updates after changing equipment.

6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

OK, I sort of tested this out myself. I equipped a Warlock's Chain which also adds +5 Adv. Level and my health/focus both reduced... until I moved.

I then tested again with by unequipping/equipping the Chain and instead of moving I hit the 1 key (out of combat) to activate my Night Vision, and my health/focus got corrected up.

So, it seems like there is just some sort of delay bug that lowers the stats only until another action is taken. This is a display bug and not necessarily an item/artifact bug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.