1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lord Forged Items now Duke Dungeon Throne Room & Duke Heraldry Paver

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Greetings Avatars,

In June of 2018 we posted an update concerning the Duke+ level pledge reward of a Custom Avatar Head. At that time we explained our reasons why this original reward was not going to be possible as well as the reward we were going to replace it with known as the “Lord Forged Items”.

Since that time we have received a large amount of feedback about that replacement reward which has caused us to pause on delivery of those rewards and consider other possibilities. To that end we have now decided to not deliver the Lord Forged Items because those visuals would not be unique nor would they offer anything unique for each Duke supporter.

Instead we are going to provide each eligible backer a new Duke Dungeon Throne Room. In addition Dukes will receive a unique Duke Heraldry Paver they can place on the floor of this Throne Room where they can truly customize the space with their heraldry.

Thank you again for your patience while we have worked to find a solution that is within our means. Please accept our sincerest apologies for not being able to deliver the original reward as promised.

2. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I think this is a neat idea!

3. Lained

Lained Avatar

Had I not missed the expiration date for the custom head I think I'd be happy with this compromise.
    Will this be a custom sized paver or does it preclude heraldry pavers for the general player base?

4. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Thank you Starr.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

While I'd love to be able to place a heraldry paver down in my dungeon (as a non-Duke+ pledger) I think the fair thing to do would be to make this an exclusive item that only those pledges can get. It's bad enough they don't get the custom avatar head that many of them solely bought those pledges for and a substitute must be accepted. The least the Dev's could do is make this something that ONLY those pledges can get.

Sure, it could be an item that might sell well in the add-on store (even if it was a different size), but restricting it to only those people with the Duke+ pledges would be the only fair way to go about it IMO. But, to have this be part of the reward replacement... and then also sell this as a separate item to anyone will only diminish the "exclusivity" of the item.

6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

DS said unique, which in my mind means no one other than those who are qualified will have them.

7. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Well, "unique" can have many interpretations.

I think @Lained was getting at having the possibility of the general player base being able to get these (just different sizes than a custom paver made for this reward). Basically, the only unique part of that would be the size given as the reward and then having a similar functioning paver for the masses (just at a different size).

To me, if the only variation with another "version for the masses" was the size of the paver... then the custom sized Duke+ version wouldn't qualify as keeping the uniqueness or exclusivity it deserves just because they are the only ones of that size.

I truly believe that nobody except these pledge holders should get any version of this reward. And again, I am not one of them so I wouldn't be able to get one and I think that is completely fair.

If the Devs want to make things right here, it will be Duke+ ONLY.

8. Lained

Lained Avatar

If there's no plans for future standard size heraldry pavers that's fine, I only ask as I was playing with some pavers earlier in the week and was going to add herladry ones to the wish list but then caught mention of this reward during the livestream on Friday.

9. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Is it the Lord's symbol (silver griffon on burgandy), like on the cloak and furniture, or a paver that can display the heraldry of the Lord?

[​IMG]

Frankly, the symbol would be more impressive to me, and then add the heraldry versions to the Add-On Store.

Sean Silverfoot and Lained like this.
  10. stile

stile Avatar

As a Lord of the Manor, I have yet to enter a dungeon in Shroud of the Avatar, and I do not use the Heraldry system. So these rewards are meaningless to me, if anyone wants to know. I did drop a dungeon entrance on the ground once...

Stevvcash, Godra, Tabatha and 5 others like this.
  11. stile

stile Avatar

I apologize, that's not true. Play rehearsals for an upcoming New Britannia Theater Troupe are being held in a dungeon, so I've been in one for that.

Lazarus Long likes this.
  12. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Well, they did say that the paver itself does NOT have to go in the dungeon.
    There will be a special Throne Dungeon Room where it will fit into nicely and look cool... but it can go elsewhere on your property (if it fits) just like any other paver.

Perhaps you could make it a fancy entrance to your home?

FrostII likes this.
  13. Phoenix007

Phoenix007 Avatar

14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I also do not think this is a good idea. (he does not really say this but)

Are we going to get dungeon entrances and enough pre made rooms , hallways, etc. to even make even a one room dungeon?

The custom head was something that would be visible wherever we go, the lord forged at least had that going for them, they however were never a viable solution as "lord Forged items where already given out and much more powerful ones.

I feel they would much better serve the situation by contacting us each and working out a solution we could use / want.

I know this also falls into that you can never please everyone . . . . .

but something that requires more purchases and a lot more work, on resources and such, just does not quite cut it.

Perhaps open up a Duke / LotM forum and work out a viable solution to all might better serve the problem and everyone else who really has no say has no need to even see what is going on.

15. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

While I love Dungeons and what they're adding to the game in terms of player creativity and motivation - I hatehatehatehate loading screens or anything that further removes me from game-populations so I'll probably put my Duke Throne Room down in the New Britannian Museum for fun - but unless it can hold 50 pets as some sort of expansion to the Museum for display purposes it won't see a lot of use from me.

Still, more interesting as a reward probably for most players - just as many Dukes probably couldn't care less about the Custom Head. There's no perfect solution I'm sure that doesn't involve a lot of per-player manpower.

(I'd have probably been happy with some sort of unique Duke thing like an impressive piece of Furniture/Throne/Piano/Tapestry or something). I look forward to seeing the room anyways, I'm sure it will be plenty impressive :)

Cirsee, Lesni, K1000 and 2 others like this.
  16. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Sounds like a good alternative. Thanks for the update, DarkStarr!

Synergy Blaize and K1000 like this.
  17. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

Don t have a Duke pledge but this is more like it!!! A lot better than Lord Forged Items! Seems like a suitable replacement.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  18. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

@DarkStarr Question: Can the throne be set so that it does a check on title or pledge level so that only a duke or higher can actually sit on it? That would really set it apart as only for Dukes/LOTM's as only they could ascend the throne.

FrostII, Gregg247, Lained and 2 others like this.
  19. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

would probably be technically easier to allow only the lot owner, and just assume that the nobles are going to be using this piece on their own lots

Jaesun and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  20. Floors

Floors Avatar

Sounds like a fantastic alternative and I'm sure all the Dukes will be pleased as punch ! ;)

Verit and Sir Stile Teckel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.