Fish mask eyesore. Id pay money to be able to filter those...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mystarr, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Same way putting a dragon head on your head is. Or even just a plastic face over your face. There no difference other than you dont like how it looks.

EDIT: i dont like how it looks either

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

You should bug the ones where the braids disappear, at the very least.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I just wish they made it look like you had a fish head, instead of a fish.... on your head.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think the weird, creepy fish growing from your neck is the best part.

5. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I have bugged hair. I have bugged clothing. I even bugged the Extra Life cloak which lost its light source and ability to hold color correctly. Nothing has been fixed. My bugs, like many others go unanswered, let alone unfixed and because they are attached to previous releases, they cannot be bumped. They just go to the bug bone yard never to be seen again.

There are hundreds of bugs with clothing, hair, clothing and hair etc, I don't understand why they keep piling on more stuff that will inevitably be buggy thus adding to an already HUGE pile of bugs.

Honestly, I think we should do fundraising to fix things that are broken before adding more things. Maybe have a telethon to fix the quests, a telethon to fix maps, a telethon to fix clothing, a telethon to finally allow for enameling metal armor etc. This isn't a joke. If they did that, I'd start spending and playing more.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Lawson, Verit, Cordelayne and 4 others like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yup.
    To be fair to Port, they haven't added much new stuff in the last few releases. They've spent most of their time working on bugs and performance.

Jaesun and dcyumyum like this.
  7. dcyumyum

dcyumyum Avatar

There are two to three people working on bugs every day and each release they fix hundreds of bugs. The few I submitted were fixed, but it wasn't cosmetic stuff it dealt with quest and NPCs.

Arkah EMPstrike likes this.
  8. Addison

Addison Avatar

AMEN SISTER! :D

This has driven me nuts for years and given the size of the staff, it has only gotten worse. It seems to me, bugs get introduced as quickly as the new content so it's an almost impossible battle to get even the most basic of bugs squashed. I know it might not be sexy but these things need to get fixed, I find it absolutely absurd that more content is getting added when Episode 1 content is still a buggy mess.

While I am completely against telethon goals to pay for fixing bugs and any unfinished Episode 1 content, I recognize this might be the only way to get it done. As sad as that sounds. To me, this is all content that has been paid for by we the players and backers. Paying to have them fix what should already be fixed just inherently irks me, but what options are left? They need the telethon income in order to keep SotA alive and therein lies the rub. It's a fine line to walk, so do we just keep adding new bugs and new content or do we suck it up and fix all the areas that need to be fixed?

Lawson, Cordelayne and Chatele like this.
  9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Due to explosive decompression, I can't remember much. I am at this point where I wonder, almost every time, if I have already submitted the bug I'm typing up. And if I did, if it was even seen.

I'm not going to click back through 40 subdirectories x 10ish subforums every time I put in a bug though, so just put it in again (or for the first time?) and be done with it until the next time I forget.

Helvig Ingvildsdottir likes this.
  10. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

wearing a fish as a head during a dance party is different than getting patterns and making your real helmet look like a fish. I dont know if I care either way but I think the OP's point is that he doesn't want these as patterns to be used on real armor which would unlock looking like a fishhead while actually fighting/adventuring.

Black Tortoise and Chatele like this.
  11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

All this stupid crap, like the fish heads to be added to the stupid stuff mentioned, is 1, just one of the reasons why I find it hard for me to stay in the game, I log in, but log out just as fast as I log in..... I am a adventurer at heart and a SOLO'er , and I WISH the devs would concentrate on making it more fun to hunt/adventure, make it more rewarding ….. and not just harder..... If they would instead Concentrate on stuff like fixing the quests and combat instead of stupid fish heads etc. If this is what they have planned for ep2 (same ole same ole) and not a totally new world, with totally new and diff. MONSTERS, New and diff. lands from what we have, Then it will be the end for me here, for I already am playing another game because this one has nothing worth striving for , for me... No reason for being, it is just an Endless grind with no initiative to do so. JMHO.... AND I am not looking forward to seeing people running around everywhere wearing those stupid fish or horse heads.... But there are some who like it, more power to you.... but it is not for me … sadly …. Please oh please don't have this in ep. 2 ….

12. Cear Dragon

Cear Dragon Avatar

Just wait til they give dex/movement buffs

13. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea I've said before that though personally I believe the devs should have been more conservative about this kind of thing in general, I would have disliked it less as an idea if this was just dress-up stuff for masked balls, and they weren't practically encouraging players to go around using them as armor . . . If you care about 'immersion' (boo! boo!) and suspension of disbelief, its not just how it looks, but it would be incredibly silly for someone to go around fighting kobolds wearing a fish on his head or wearing a pair of wings, because that kind of junk would actually impede the person's ability to fight. They'd be really clumsy to wear around; they'd add encumbrance, reduce dexterity, drain focus, restrict vision, damage easily, make the player more easily to see, attract aggro, make the player easier to hit, etc.

14. Floors

Floors Avatar

The wings are cool. Some people want to play fae characters, etc. Angelic characters, demonic characters. It doesn't float everyone's boat, but that was all fine... the horse heads and the fish heads really cross over into silliness which I don't like. And many don't. But it is what it is.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  15. redfish

redfish Avatar

*shrug* IMO wearing non-functional wings doesn't really make you a fairy or demon, just like wearing a kobold mask doesn't really make you a kobold :D That's not how role-playing works. :D But this is just one of my peeves about how modern MMOs treat role-playing as a kind of dress up activity over something better.

16. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Lord Trady of Blix

As for horseheads. Doesn't bother me (in theory) that people can wear them, cus thats exactly what happened in theater (mummery)...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The issue to me like I believe you said earlier is the devs are really the curators of the game. Its okay if players "misuse" some of the assets, but its like playing with fire; and you don't give players blowtorches w/o thinking that it won't make a difference.

When this stuff goes off the rails it I believe it is a turn-off to players as much as PvP is when it goes off the rails; regular players looking to play a good game, not just snobby RP types ;)

17. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

There hasn't been any serious art direction in years (arguably ever) so I don't understand why the fish mask thing is such a big deal for so many people. It's just another mask.

18. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Ashlynn [Pax]

Yea if you notice I'm not really complaining myself... I'm explaining my views a little, but IMO its just more of what we have in the game already.

But I think its kind of a simple thing... players here are seeing what devs are working on and they're hopping on the thread to ask "why are you working on this, guys? who wants this?" That's just what you have to expect players will do if they don't understand or like what the devs are working on.

19. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

I'd pay 25 to have them filtered out of the game ... they gross me out and are freaking weird as hell... Sharktooth sword FTW.

Chatele likes this.
  20. redfish

redfish Avatar

Are you talking about this guy
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.