1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lord Forged Items now Duke Dungeon Throne Room & Duke Heraldry Paver

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stile

stile Avatar

Not sure how that equates to something that is with me all the time in game, wherever i always am, and that's unique to me. Not sure how something that is a reward, for something that didn't even exist in the game or was in the plans at the time, can be considered applicable since I didnt sign up for that part of the gameplay.

So ill put it on the marketplace when I get it. Im honestly not upset, its fine. Just stating again, the lack of talking to any of us, to see if the reward is worthless or not is sad. I wont ever pledge beyond $9 a month (which is for resale purposes), to Shroud again. I feel we did not get what we were promised, and i feel the replacements are shortcuts that are being taken without any real efforts being made. If real efforts were being made, given how few dukes and Lotm's are left playing this game that care about those rewards, we would be spoken to.

This was the last for me. Im no longer a player of SotA as of this announcement. Im just a retail store now. Ive just lost all faith in Starr Long and his business decisions. This is my last post on this thread or topic, i dont want to get banned. I wont even respond to any correspondence on it.

Peace all, enjoy the game. Ill be logged in when delivering goods to someone, you know my PM for my services. If im in game, please don't contact me in game, im only logged in to do business until my clients are sold out and its no longer worth doing financially.

2. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

You mean like the fiasco discussing Keep walls being permanent? That went back and forth between those players before and after the change. I don't see how you would get any large majority agreement on what is the "right" replacement. Sorry to see you go, your choice.

Sole and Lained like this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I think he was referring to the original replacement of Duke Heads with the Lord Forged Items, and now being replaced yet again without discussion. The Keep walls were another issue, but as you noted, at least there was discussion there.

Sorry to see you go, @Sir Stile Teckel. I know my game time has been cut down dramatically since we went forced multiplayer, so I fully appreciate your dilemma.

4. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

It’s about communication and a sense of agency, Sean,not getting 100% agreement.

That isn’t important to everyone, but it is to some, and it appears another is withdrawing financial support because of it. You are right there is no way to make everyone happy here, but that is the case with all things. Some of us dont think that is a great reason to have this topic go into the abyss for six months only to reappear with another decision that had no player feedback first.

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

On the positive side, hopefully if Dukes don't want these, they'll make their way onto the secondary market. As a Lord I would be extremely chuffed to have a custom throne in my dungeon.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  6. Verit

Verit Avatar

Hahahahaha!
    Yes , beautiful snowflakes !
    I would check to see how Port has used terms like unique and exclusive in the past.

Cordelayne, Bodhbh Dearg and Addison like this.
  7. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

8. Addison

Addison Avatar

Sorry to see you go Stile, not that I don't empathize with your frustration. These replacements are worse than the lord forged items since you need to spend more money if you even want to use them.

Does this mean you will no longer be doing the weekly podcast anymore? :(

9. smack

smack Avatar

I'd much rather see them put the original Duke Custom Head reward on hold, but force them to properly budget and plan for the reward moving forward.

They took a very large amount of money from their fans and misappropriated and misused it for other things, without fulfilling their contract to deliver rewards as promised. This is not a case of a design decision that negatively affects the long term health of some game system. They clearly have the tech to do this with custom heads for themselves, so it's largely just a resource issue that they did not properly plan for. This is primarily a misuse of crowdfunded money due to poor planning.

In this specific case, I think they should be held to their original promise and recommit to delivering on it with more transparent, timely updates on progress towards it. A commitment to save X% of monthly income towards delivery of the goal, with some Y% of resources budgeted into future quarterly schedules, along with timely updates on progress on that commitment.

That said, I highly doubt any of this will happen. Enjoy your fish masks everyone! :D:rolleyes:

10. Browncoat Jayson

I'm not sure I follow this logic. You can craft a dungeon entrance; its not even really difficult. You then attach this pre-made room to the entrance foyer the entrance comes with. Where does all this extra money requirement come from?

Sole, Jaesun and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  11. Addison

Addison Avatar

Oh my apologies! :) I thought you had to buy the dungeon entrance, I was unaware you could craft it on your own. Can you craft multiple types?

Still though, what if I don't want to build a dungeon or have no interest in pavers? If they were going to go to all the trouble of replacing the replacement, one might think polling the relevant players with a few options would be a good idea.

Weins201 and Cordelayne like this.
  12. Browncoat Jayson

Ah, I gotcha. No, the ones you can buy are just patterns you can apply to the crafted dungeon entrance. They all modify the same base item. That said, a custom dungeon entrance pattern (say, a Throne Room Door) probably wouldn't go amiss.

13. Floors

Floors Avatar

Man.... that's really kind of a stretch. For a start, it was each individuals choice to support development of the game by paying such sums. What happened to taking personal responsibility. Nobody forced it out of you.

You knew there was no game at the time and that it might not even have survived 5 years to now....

The game has added so many great things that were never "Promised" and the Dukes got a lot, even the Lords got a lot of stuff... you have a team struggling to make it with by anyone's standards a very low user base.... and then the attitude is this Lawyering of "you didn't fullfill a contract"..

I just don't agree with this. I know we all get frustrated at the game at times, but sometimes you have to have a little bit of grace when you don't get one small thing that you want.

Just jumped in and played with a bunch of kids having fun leveling up their low level toons.... and then come here and the wise and wealthy are bitter and malcontent. It is a quite a difference.

Bodhbh Dearg, Brian4, Sole and 6 others like this.
  14. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

+1

Bodhbh Dearg and K1000 like this.
  15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Either way, Devs should open up to our communication more.

As an example, as much as I am waiting for vendor upgrades some year, I also dread them being built by someone that has never restocked a vendor for more then ten minutes of "seeing how it works", and then them being surprised when it doesn't go over well.

Talk to us. Ask us, respond, send out a poll (remember the combat poll? That probably saved the game.)

16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Also, one of the coolest entrances (IMHO) is the Dragon Entrance that was a Livestream Stretch Goal... Granted, that does/did require a small cash expenditure... However I'm sure they could be had for in-game gold.

Bodhbh Dearg and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  17. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

What release stretch goal was the dragon entrance?

18. Albus

Albus Avatar

Very sorry to see Sir Stile go, always struck me as a very positive force for the game. Also agree with smack regarding the replacement, I suspect more would appreciate a delay to another episode for the original concept (Duke heads) rather than a replacement sooner. Just a suspicion mind you, no scientific poll involved ;) Anyway I am displeased with the resolution of this issue, at present.

*edit to add that the previous "lord forged" replacement did not seem appropriate either, so a change from that would be a move in the right direction, but I feel that the new replacement does not hit the spot.

19. Floors

Floors Avatar

Jaesun and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  20. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Thank you! Whew R58.

The only one I missed was R57. Still need the R57 items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.