Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zeddicus Zorander, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

I understand making some fish rarer than others but I think my odds are better in real life than in the game.. Catching some simple fish to make +5 INT food is nearly impossible. I can easily get +5 STR and +Dex food... I'd rather go kill dragons and get dragon stew than fish for the super rare sharks or even Alligator Gar, Pike, Sturgeon, swordfish, marlin, sailfish...I have yet to see any +5 INT food for sale on any vendors...Please reevaluate the drop rates.

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

How many Sharks have you caught in real life ? How about Sailfish ? :) Hmmmm.....

There are people who literally had every single trophy up within 6 weeks of the changes going live, so obviously it's not impossible. Have you GM'd all of your fishing skills yet ? using a good rod ? using the best bait ? Fishing at the right times in the right towns ?

Personally I find it much more interesting when I can't beat something within a couple days of trying, when something takes time and effort... the rewards are greater.

Mhtic, Cage Storm, Brian4 and 2 others like this.
  3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Totally agree with you. I fished for several days/weeks and still haven’t caught a Sturgeon. I want the +5 INT food. :mad:
    I’m level 110 fishing and 110 fetid but still no rare sturgeon. I had a guildy show up and catch one on his first cast. He was only lvl80 fishing lvl 40-50 fetid. :(
    It seems like they may have turned up the rarity after so many got the rare fish so quick at the beginning.
    why is +5 INT food so hard, when +5 Dex and Str are so easy.

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Easy answer; because mages and DPS builds are ridick OP in this game and INT only helps them. No mystery here folks !

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

I have some Sage's Sashes to sell BTW ;)

6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

So you're saying Chris made the good fish food this rare because mages are "ridic OP" ?

Mhtic likes this.
  7. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

Have you had a mage do over 1000 damage with one hit? No? okay then shuush.

Scooby Doo likes this.
  8. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

no .... but i've hit everything in a 15 yard radius from me for 500's .... which is worse if you ask me..... So some magic is OP...... Moon / Fire mainly .... Air/water are ok. Earth could use some love ... Death needs love.... Like Death needs it's damage upped by a double and the healing returned reduced by a half. Sun Magic is in need of love also. Also ... Earth Magic can easily hit for over 1000's ...... EASILY !

9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Yup it was fine when fish were only for trophies but now there is a real use for them but they are to rare to make use of them for food.

majoria70 and FrostII like this.
  10. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Don't mean to derail the thread, but felt I needed to reply to that...

I would argue with you about your suggestion for death to do double the damage but half the healing returned. As a Death spec'd player, the health returned is more important to me than the damage being dealt. I rely on that life tap to keep me alive because normal heals are not as effective for me. If I can keep myself alive, I can just fight longer and rely on my swords for damage to kill the mob. But if you halve the health returned, it will be hard for me to keep up with hard hitting high end mobs and will be dead before I kill them.

Plus, it's exciting to see my health jump up in good chunks from a near death situation.

As for the OP's topic, I agree that the fish that are used for the +INT foods should be slightly more common than currently are. Either that, or make a new recipe that gives the same stats but uses some of the more common fish as an ingredient. That way we're not just vendoring all the junk fish that we don't want to cook with.

Let's face it, fishing doesn't have much risk, but it's still a time consuming activity and costs us bait to perform it. I don't see any reason why the more common fish we get heaps of can't give us a decent meal.

FrostII and Zeddicus Zorander like this.
  11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Moon op lol? Everything high level has huge moon resist and single target is a joke for moon! (count all the 0’s next time on the last two waves) The only place it’s strong is Ut and only on the front waves. Fire well it’s strong esp from evaporate onsingle target & bosses.

Really the bigger problem is UT and how it’s set up to stand in one spot and spam. Banish is more powerful than MS there though.

What’s OP is all physical damage.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  12. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

I think you completely missed the point on the death magic ... double the damage but half the health return would make the health the same as it is now ..... 4*2=8/2=4 .... Death magic is seriously missing on the damage throughput. That would be just a nice damage boast for death while keeping the health returned the same. For Death to be viable you have to invest into it to such an extreme.

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  13. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

For what it is yes moon is OP .... Doing CP's Moon dominates. Doing the Monkey room... Moon dominates again same with Fire. There are other things besides UT.... Moon magic is so strong for shear damage output.

14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

One place in the whole game but still out shined by banish, and still gets tons of zeros on last wave of ut. Polearms way outshines ms in the monkey room. I’m guessing you have not played since the nerf a few months ago?
    Ravens mourn lich 0’s owl heads sewers 0’s , rise lich 0’s ut final wave 0’s spider boss near by powers anti aoe. mysterious swamp 200% magic resist effect. Have you seen anything in the game that someone with over 100 in poles or any melee weapon that gets zero consistently?

It has to have been a long time since you have played if you believe that. Even in Ut multi shot and banish are king.CP’s mabey because they are harder than Ut but aoe spells should out dps single target in a group fight it’s their intent. Rof with spec is as good as ms rof also is excellent for single target bosses.(minus dragons).

Sorry to hyjack the thread but this all is a another reason why good food is so important there is too much magic resistance in the game.

15. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

I am going to test this right now I have a 'OP' fire mage with 250 INT and my fire tree is 240.. I have nearly 120 in every fire skill including fire specialization. I'll type the results live into this reply from my training dummy. Fire ring one crit for 208... average hit around 130-140. I wish it hit for 500 a tick I'd melt faces so fast...

I agree Sun and moon need some love..Death doubled? Fire and Death are like the two most OP magic classes. I have a guildie who can solo Lost Vale Cabalists with that spec... Fire/Death.

StarLord, FrostII and Brass Knuckles like this.
  16. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

I was refering to moon in that 500's ... but as far as fire with a proper evaporate you can get ticks in upwards of 300's pretty easy on crits. But Fire doesn't really hit that hard... it hits fast which makes it op still ...

17. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

Moon hits for 500s? I've never seen it.. interesting I will need to ask around about that one and have it demonstrated. I'll go use evaporate and see what I get.

18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I have the highest MS I know of at 151 and almost 1600 in the tree last wave non crits hits on the last wave of ut are in the 30s. The range of my 6 stack ms fully buffed is 11-439 I’ve have many 11 pt hits as well. It’s not op! Esp when you can land 1000 pt punctures or sneak attacks.

And like I listed above most bosses are immune to my moon damage witch only has 1 spell.

FrostII likes this.
  19. Verit

Verit Avatar

How many magic spells have you cast in real life ? How may kobold have you slain in real life ? How many omnipotent talking robot heads have you met ? This is a fantasy world. Sorry if this disallusions you and you thought this was a life simulator.
    Btw, I went sail fishing once and caught one on my first trip out, in real life.

Trophies are one thing , ingredients for a recipe are another. Six weeks to get the one fish you need as a trophy is fine. But being able to make one recipe every month and a half is a bit ridiculous.

Beli, FrostII and Brass Knuckles like this.
  20. Floors

Floors Avatar

I was directly responding to the OP, Verit. He said it should be more like real life fishing. I said, well you havent caught sharks in real life right ?

Glad you caught your rare fish. See ! You rarely (once in yr life) caught one and that is how the game is also too. Cant wait for my Sturgeon.....and Dunklesaurous :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.