Very Long time neede are the Manaquins, Armor Stands, time to put some work on them

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

is it not funny that a lot of these replies call this a Personal Preference, and say not needed. Sure you are right it is NOT needed but has been wanted by a lot more than just me for a very long time.

This is a request to complete something that has been asked for from more than 2 years ago.

The effort needed is probably more than the fish heads since it actual work and not just hijacking a skin from unity, but it is also something that is really wanted ,by more than just me. It has also been asked for Long ago.

Why should they spend 5 seconds worrying about PvP zones? The answer is the player who pay for the game and continue to pay each month. If you are going to continue to add content that has no real uses other than display then you need a way to display them. Every single weapons and armor piece is completely useless for use other than a Pattern. So perhaps they wshould just stop having them as goals, as you say they are worthless.
    same as this relply;
    look at this picture.
    there are ALOT more players who do thing like this in game than people car to admit.

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

I’m for getting proper armor sets, totally. Like in crooked shank where there is one !!!

Just saying that the livestream items also serve a purpose and I dont think one has to be sacrificed for another. After all lots of stuff gets done each release.

Barugon likes this.
  3. Caernarvon

Caernarvon Avatar

It's been said in recent weeks that more vendor customisation is coming at some point this year - so perhaps they're waiting on a chance to get round to that before implementing mannequins, because a potential mannequin decoration / mannequin system could possibly employ the same tech used in vendor customisation if vendor customisation goes down the route of fully adorning individual body slots of the vendors outfit, i.e. allowing your vendor to have a cloak or backpack, or a helm etc. etc. as opposed to the single item outfit pattern they can currently have. Just a maybe... Though I kinda think the vendor customisation that has been mentioned might be other stuff, emotes/greetings text perhaps.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

The devs have already said they're going to do stuff like display mannequins. So it seems to me, unless they changed their mind, the issue isn't whether its worth it, but whether its a good time for them to get it done versus other stuff they're working on.

Personally, I also have a list of stuff I wish they would get done sooner than later. I've been asking for a bunch of stuff like placeable display plaques, improvements to books, more types of shop signs, etc., because I want to get started on making quests, for instance. I feel sometimes the devs have dumped some responsibility on players to make dungeons and quests and things like that, and that would be benefited by a lot of big systems, but they aren't giving us even small things (which I think would be easily accomplishable) that would help us do this for them.

The mannequins vs. fisk mask comparison seems a little misleading because making mannequins is not just a deco issue but also a coding issue and a UI issue. The have to get the mannequin deco to display gear like avatars do, then they have to create a special UI for it. Or it can be drop on if the mannequins are simple enough and only hold one piece of gear, but then there's still the coding issue.

5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

[​IMG]

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yes all you say is true and very valid, the point is, if you spend 15 minute here and there just redoing skins and you have done it say 30 time that is almost a whole work day worth of time that could have been spent on the Code to make a mannequin. Now if you look at Vendors they are a single skin item so different than the body parts. But we each have a character that will show what it is wearing so the Template is there, just how to effectively alter it so it is static, and possibly make it so it is dressed in inventory then combine it before placed so it works like one skin?

Since as you say and I have heard "in the works" I am just pushing for it to be actually worked on more.

The issue is prioritizing, they are now into Ep 2. so each step we take takes us further and further from working on things like this and other things player would like worked on.

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

Got to rustle up some more players then. thats the issue. you can write all the wild wishlist scenarios you want, and I’ve seen u do it, but without more users game has to go at the pace 17 people can work.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  8. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, part of the issue IMO is the devs want us to do the work for them by doing community stuff that they can show off in weekly updates and in interviews with the press. Whether that means forming big guilds, doing PvP events, doing deco, creating quests and content for other players. But they're equipping us pretty poorly for the job, not giving us what we need to help them out. (Also IMO turning off and making disinterested a lot of the players that were really involved and interested in doing creative stuff in the game by focusing on the wrong priorities, but that's a different issue).

Stevvcash likes this.
  9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Display Object SuggestionI'm just going to throw this out there.. if they spend too much time reaching for "low hanging fruit" it'll take that much longer to get to other things. If I think about too much I'm sure I'd be annoyed that they even spared 5 seconds to do fish heads as opposed to just about anything else that's more important. I just don't see the appeal, and if there's anything the Devs have done to show me that they will never make my 'ideal world'.. that's it. (Granted fish heads are just an example, they really crossed that line a long time ago).. At any rate..

It's been ages since I've posted a shameless plug and I think it's high time I rectify that.. :)

This one goes aways back. :)

Display Object Suggestion

Or going even farther back.....

Display Cases

[/Shameless plug]

Stevvcash and Weins201 like this.
  10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Since you bring this up can I just say I once planned on many events.. but have been waiting for the necessary deco to do it properly (ie food!) for years now. Kinda takes the wind our of your sales.. yes everything will be craftable and displayable.. in a few years... I finally gave in and just started buying the nice bookshelves for my library recently.

Weins201 likes this.
  11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

There is actually very VERY simple solution to all of this. Just allow these to be placed as Deco on the walls, They can already be placed as deco. Just give us ability to rotate them on the vertical axis and allow slight rotation and then we can place them again the walls like where hung there.

We know we can use a Book Shelf to be creative lets just make them like paintings and cloaks, Wala Done.

This allows us to achieve most of our goals easily, sure no middle of the room stuff but I am sure we could live with it.

Stevvcash likes this.
  12. Floors

Floors Avatar

You should know by now what the devs say in livestreams has no effect on wishlists people post here. You could also redesign a totally different game in constant posts over the years about how you think systems should work, the devs never use it, and it wouldn't stop the posting, either.

13. redfish

redfish Avatar

Nah, the devs do listen :D They make up their own minds, and sometimes we disagree with them, but constructive posts by players can help. Sometimes players might be too demanding, although I think that can be because it appears sometimes that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. But if players on the forums think that the devs should have certain priorities, I certainly think they should lay out a logical case why. I'm pretty sure they already get this kind of input in back channels too, and its better to get forum participation.

Black FjP, Bowen Bloodgood and Lained like this.
  14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

[​IMG]

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It still doesn't hurt to mention that that the devs already said that they're going to implement something.

16. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Make the mannequins.

Make items be able to be "listed" by being in the store room. IE you can click on the piece of gear/furniture you are looking at and buy it, or buy it from the vendor who's standing next to it.

The game will be an overnight success, no way to stop the addiction of decoing and making it all sellable at the same time.

Dartan Obscuro likes this.
  17. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

On each monthly long stream, they should go through the jira find a few small features and set up a player vote on which one of those to prioritize for the next release to give the community a chance to steer a bit.

18. Stevvcash

Stevvcash Avatar

I don’t play anymore but this was something that I was hoping was put in before I quit.

My basement floor was just a dumping ground of telethon gear that I couldn’t display properly.

19. Floors

Floors Avatar

If you don't play anymore, do you have any issue giving me all that gear "Gratis" ? I'd appreciate it.

Trady Blix in game. Thanks in Advance.

20. reesian

reesian Avatar

You can already display armor on shelves pillars. no need to spend any development time on anything more complex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.