1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lord Forged Items now Duke Dungeon Throne Room & Duke Heraldry Paver

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

It's not petty - Port sold people on a very unique item, and they happily took the money for it up front, and let as many people as they could buy it. You can argue differently, but at least some moved up to Duke primarily for that feature. Port did not say while taking the money, hey, it's going to cost us $xxx dollars of your pledge to make those heads, we don't know if we can do it and/or we can only make xx number of them, so we won't charge for that piece until we make them. They took the money up front and spent it on, well, not duke heads.

I get there are lots of other issues and priorities for the game, but the way this has been handled speaks volumes. For some of us that volume is not good, so please stop saying it is petty.

2. Eina Stein

Eina Stein Avatar

Three Dukes pretty much quitting over this. People come and go all the time though, right? @Duke Gréagóir

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

My simplest idea (or I think simple) was just give 5 - 10 more colors Eyes Skin, lips, to crar creating, 5 - 10 more hair style. Sizes of char overall and Nose /Ears.

Duke get 1 - 5 and LotM get 1- 10 or anything corresponding.

Note truly Custom but the change two will do identical are slim, unless planning on twins.

Workable would be just give us a Mask with the above Choice On them - and go further out there with Dark and Light Elteral hair, Fangs for teeth, pointy ears, . . . . all these are simple in CHar Creation and placed on an added Head Slot Head slot and armor head is .

Booth of these ideas allow for Unity tools avail to give us what we wanted in a simple "Skinn"

4. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I can understand Dukes being frustrated about the removal of the custom avatar heads (that is a big thing undoubtedly but also a lot of work for a team that has cut half it's staff already.)

But it's not like Duke level backers haven't already gained more on top of their original pledge already. Duke level homes were never originally a thing but you got those instead of the city lot first promised for example.

5. Addison

Addison Avatar

I can only hope that you, Lord Trady of Blix, take a step back and see how duplicitous you come across when you make comments like this. Regardless of whether or not YOU, think the reward is silly, or egocentric, or petty, is irrelevant. There are Dukes and Lords of the Manor that don't and want the reward they pledged for, and rightfully so. Where is your empathy? Where is your understanding?

It wasn't so long ago that you had a tantrum and quit the game, displaying your obvious displeasure, much like my five year old when she doesn't want to eat her peas : https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-thanks-for-all-the-fish.145635/#post-1174248

One might argue that YOU sir, were being petty and silly, because you were not happy and voiced your displeasure. Yet now, when others do the same, you have the gall to disrespect their concerns? How hypocritical!

Are you obtuse? Is it deliberate? No, of course not. You play the victim card and constantly remind us all of how you are "attacked" for no rational reason. Have you ever stepped back and pondered on why? Once again, of course you haven't, because for all your talk of virtues you lack two very important ones...Valor and Humility.

Finally, you have the nerve to insinuate that those who could afford this pledge, are so hideously ugly that they wouldn't be happy with the final product of a Duke Head is absolute tripe. Much like everything you post. I may be a woman, but I am not about to let some insipid mendicant make insulting blanket statements like this and believe it is OK! You are a sad little man and I feel sorry for you.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  6. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Port promising big and delivering small (again) is not a petty thing.

7. Vas Corp Por

Vas Corp Por Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Here's some preview shots of the Duke Throne Room currently in progress:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm going to leave the throne area empty with deco surfaces so players can put down a throne/chair/whatever of their choosing, and there's plenty of room for heraldric pavers in front of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.