Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Upgrading Village Deed asks 30GP to Upgrade a village deed to the SAME SIZE Village Deed!

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by John Striker, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Striker

John Striker Avatar

01/24/2019 22:10
    Title: Upgrading Village Deed from Oracle Asks 30GP to UPGRADE a village deed to the SAME SIZE Village Deed!

Reproduction Rate:100%

Blocker?For village deed upgrade to town deed

Details: I took the new Village deed I was given by the Oracle for the story quest and when I right clicked the deed to upgrade this deed in my inventory it asks for 30 crowns to upgrade it to the same level Village Deed. I followed through with the transaction and ended up with the same village deed. So, after spending 30 crowns to get the same village deed in the upgrade I right clicked the deed again and the second time it offered an upgrade from Village Deed to a Town Deed for 90 more crowns.

...and No, it was not a ROW deed I was upgrading. I have only one row deed and it is already placed in town with a house on it.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Get Village deed from Oracle
    2. Get at least 30 crowns into you inventory (I had about 55 crowns in my inventory.)
    3. Right click the Village Deed in your inventory to upgrade to a town deed.

Dialog box says: Village deed upgrade for 30 crowns to Village deed. (The dialog is clear that you are paying 30 crowns for no upgrade.)

Dialog box should say: Village deed upgrade for 90 crowns to Town Lot Deed!

4. Click ok and you still have the same village deed in inventory.
    It takes the 30 crowns from your inventory.
    I only had one Village deed in inventory to test. Once it takes the 30 crown for no upgrade the second
    attempt to upgrade the village deed to a town deed does offer a town deed upgrade for 90 more crowns
    so upgrading the village to the town deed cost 30 + 90 = 120 crowns!

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 24524
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU RAM: 4018
    SotA.QA.Win.64.797.Date.01.24.19
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Justice Hold
    Area Display Name: Justice Hold
    Loc: (31.4, 89.0, 88.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEp1c3RpY2UgSG9sZHwoMzEuMzc3LCA4OS4wMDQsIDg4LjAwNyl8KDAsIDAuNzI2LCAwLCAwLjY4Nyl8NDU1LjAyNzl8MTguMzMyNHwzLjQxNDk3NA==

2. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

3. John Striker

John Striker Avatar

Lazarus, thanks for the info from Burningtoad.

That said, to whom it may concern, the dialog needs to be made CRYSTAL CLEAR (use CAPS) that you are paying ONLY to make the deed TRADE-ABLE.
    BUT, why FORCE someone to make a deed trade-able just to upgrade the size for personal use. The added expense will stop some people from spending any money to upgrade their deed.
    If this dialog is not perfectly clear and someone does not get what they thought they were getting this will only generate bad will which will only add to losing a certain number of players who would have otherwise been happy to continue playing the game and spending money to keep the game going.

There should be an option NOT to pay to convert a deed to trade-able if you do not intend to trade the deed.
    This choice should be in the "right click menu with an option to:

"Upgrade to Deed to SAME SIZE Trade to other players Deed" or

"Upgrade Deed Size to Town Place in Player Owned Town Only Deed" (or what ever the next size deed is at the moment.)

...and while you are at it why not add...
    "Upgrade from Player Owned Village Deed to Place Anywhere Village Deed" (a chance to generate another sale if someone wants to move into a NPC town with the same size deed.)

People like to make their own choices.
    I had no interest in trading the deed so we should have an option NOT to spend an extra 30 crowns and just pay 90 crowns to have a deed upgraded to the next level. Since crowns are about
    $1 US dollar a piece (until the 1 to 100 value inflation changes them soon) that is an extra $30 dollars a user may not be happy about being forced to pay before they can upgrade the size of their deed.

This is the test server so these crowns are free but on a live server this is not going to make players happy....but we all want happy players. After 4.5 years of playing this game, this would not make me happy on the live server.

I hope this feed back and suggestions are helpful. Keep up the good work! The Game is great!

John Striker

Feldon Grimshaw, Echondas and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.