Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Material bonuses not applied to cloaks (bug or by design?)

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Summer Breeze, Jan 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Avatar

01/30/2019 23:05
    Title: Material bonuses not applied to cloaks
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    I made a front clasp cloak to see if the material bonuses would apply. They didn't.
    Not sure if this is a bug or by design...

Steps to Reproduce:
    Make a front clasp cloak with bolts of carapacian cloth and a white iron binding. Examine the result to see no material bonuses are applied.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16324
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series GPU RAM: 8168
    SotA.QA.Win.64.802.Date.01.30.19
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Fields
    Area Display Name: Brittany Fields
    Loc: (286.2, 51.2, 252.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9GaWVsZHN8fCgyODYuMTcsIDUxLjE3NSwgMjUyLjQ5NCl8KDAsIDAuOTk4LCAwLCAwLjA2OSl8MTcyLjI2MjJ8NTIuNzMxNjd8Ny4yMTEwNjI=

Sara Dreygon and Barugon like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Material bonuses aren't applied to any back items except for, weirdly, the backpack, which gets a bonus for a strap and that strap can't be made from special materials.

[edit] Oh yeah, you also don't even get the standard 1 damage resistance from crafted backpacks and quivers that you get from all other back items.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Aye... I hope it isn't a bug as I just made 2000 cloaks with basic cotton as there is no difference between that and carpacian, fustian, etc.

Barugon likes this.
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I expect this is by design, as with jewelry, in that you don't get the coil/binding bonuses at all. I'm okay with that generally speaking, but if the idea is for this new back slot system to stop everyone from wearing the shroud then the avoidance, resistance, and max resist need to be addressed. Even ignoring the stats completely the Shroud is far superior = 4.8% max resist and 2% avoidance is pretty significant difference. Unless I could pile on SIGNIFICANTLY more stats on an enchanted/mw'd back item, I'm still gonna be stuck wearing this old rag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.