Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Leather quiver recipe does not allow using improved materials

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Widsith [MGT], Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

01/31/2019 17:47
    Title: Leather quiver recipe does not allow using improved materials
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?Yes
    Details: Quiver recipe does not recognize improved materials (specifically supple leather) in inventory, and does not activate if they are placed on the crafting table. Presumably that should be allowed since a quiver is now a backslot item with bonuses.
    Steps to Reproduce:Craft the necessary materials and try to make a quiver with supple or hard leather
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5675R CPU @ 3.10GHz (4) System RAM: 16384
    GPU: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics 6200 GPU RAM: 1536
    SotA.OSX.64.898.Date.01.31.19
    Area: BasementSceneDungeonVillage_2Floor
    Area Display Name: Village Stone 2-Story Basement
    Loc: (17.5, 5.0, 7.9)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZUR1bmdlb25WaWxsYWdlXzJGbG9vcnx8KDE3LjQ4LCA0Ljk5NSwgNy45MjQpfCgwLCAwLjcxMywgMCwgMC43MDEpfC02MzEuMjQ2OHw2OC4xODYzOXw3LjA1MTUwNg==

FrostII likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Widsith [MGT] , none of the back slot items get material bonuses, by design.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Yigg Endimion

Yigg Endimion Avatar

Leather backpack gets combat dodge, from regular leather strap. So some of them are working.

4. Alley Oop

i believe there are some backpacks in the world that have dodge from the first few days after backpacks were added, but the recipe was quickly changed to not use material bonuses after that. new backpacks do not get dodge from the strap.

5. Yigg Endimion

Yigg Endimion Avatar

ok, it was 1 i had made ages ago. also, i cannot add eternal ornate quiver pattern to my quiver. to go with post topic.

6. Alley Oop

quiver, backpack, and wing reshaping recipes will be added by patch, probably tomorrow since bzus checked in the change late in the afternoon.

7. Yigg Endimion

Yigg Endimion Avatar

i was sad...made an awesome quiver, then salvaged my ornate to get the pattern...couldnt use it.

8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I crafted 20 new backpacks on Wednesday before the R62 patch.

All 20 of the backpacks got the +0.1 Combat Dodge Modifier stat on them - shown as coming from the Leather straps.

Have not made any in R62 yet, but I would imagine that the backpacks still get that stat from the leather straps.

IMO, we are crafting "armor" for back slots now, not just costume decorations... we should be able to make all of these using the special materials and get bonuses for them accordingly... before we add MW and Enchants. All of the recipes should be changed to accept any material type for Bolts, straps, bindings, yards, etc.

FrostII likes this.
  9. Alley Oop

i am VERY CONFUSED by this. it stopped working. backpacks with dodge stopped appearing on vendors. people were bragging about having one. i've grabbed every backpack with dodge i've ever seen on a vendor: that added up to a total of three by this release, EVER. i've made a few over the years myself, too, including one in 63 just before i made that post. no dodge. you are MAGIC.

10. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Hmm, now I'm VERY CONFUSED by this. I swear, I made 20 new backpacks on Wednesday. Every one of them got the dodge modifier on it.

I just looked at them today (was going to show you a few screenshots) and now, only a few of them have it on there. The handful that I still do have with it must be ones that I made previously and did not lose the stat... but maybe with the new release and/or the last patch the stat is now gone from the new batch I made? I was pretty sure that every one of the 20 I made were either +1 (from that stat) or +2 (that stat and exceptionals).

I'll do some investigating of chat logs when I get home to confirm this... or report that I was wrong if not.

Jaesun, FrostII and Alley Oop like this.
  11. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Ok, going over my chat log for when I made those, I do NOT see them to be all +1 or better backpacks. Some were, but most were simply "backpack".

This means that I was mistaken about them all being +1 or +2 before MW/Enchanting. Sorry for the misinformation and confusion.

I crafted them and put them in a container with the other backpacks I already had made... waiting for R62 to do the MW/Enchants and I think I just saw a long list of +1 and +2 backpacks in that container (without scrolling down to see the entire contents of backpacks) as I logged off for the evening. I assumed that they all got the dodge mod bonus from the straps, but apparently they didn't.

I should have known better to state this as a matter of fact. But I saw that list of +1's and thought for sure it happened. Anyway, at least I can admit when I'm wrong. I never meant to mislead or lie about it. I just really thought it happened. :oops:

12. Alley Oop

i kinda wanted you to be right, i wanted more dodge backpacks!

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.