Quality of Life Improvements -

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xkhan, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

The changes made so far have been fantastic - ability to bypass sieges?? Fast overland travel? Port to zone? I mean color me happy!!

This made me think of what else would I do? What are the things that 'bother' me in the game?

Descriptions on artifacts or 'named weapons'. Why would I want to use a Crossbow of Accuracy? Is it doing something special?
    Ability to play instrument during fight. Maybe there is a trick and I just dont know it, but one has to have inventory up and double click song right?
    The gate at Resolute. I know its minor thing having to talk to guard but I really hate talking to the guard.
    Craft from materials in bank. I guess I should just grab what is needed and only what is needed but it seems like I never know so I just throw everything in a 'Crafting Bag'. I tried separating (carpentry/blacksmithing/tailoring) but then I didnt know where to put the bindings or straps...anyway...
    Light spell - im sure its just me but I cast it and the 'intensity'/brightness is GREAT - for 2 seconds then its dim again. I feel like I am always straining to see.
    Combat - I smack a skeleton and the red bar turns yellow halfway but a second later the yellow fills up and what was a great hit was a little hit...why they shading...just show what I hit it for.

What are yours? :)

Jeb Ladedada and Elrond like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

drag the sheet music onto your bar

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

You can also reach through the gate and open it yourself.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You can drag sheet music to your non combat bar and play away. You don't have to open your inventory and click on sheet music.

5. golruul

golruul Avatar

There's only three things that really bother me now:
    • Fighting in forests is a UI nightmare because the leaves/branches aren't transparent. This needs to happen.
    • Sometimes cursor mode gets enabled when looting or talking to people. Not all the time, just some of the times. This shouldn't be happening. I would like an option to disable it permanently.
    • When I click a scroll to teleport to zone sometimes it disables the cursor, making so I can't click a zone to teleport to. There's no way to enable the cursor and there are no keyboard shortcuts to execute the teleport (i.e. hit enter key). I have to escape out and retry the whole sequence. Only happens sometimes.

Barugon likes this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Are you hitting something bound to "Toggle Cursor" on accident?

And if you don't have it bound to something, perhaps do so, that way you can get it back quickly.

FrostII likes this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also if you hit the tab key it will be strange acting. I never use the tab key.

8. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

YES, you can drag a sheet of music for using instruments in a fight.
    BUT....
    There is a lot of potions to use during fights, heals, acumen, dex boosts etc & etc...
    PLUS resurrection glyph & summoned pets (which die in combat, from time to time)...

We need MORE slots on our non-combat bar to accommodate our everyday fighting needs AND general interaction in the World in conversing!

When are the Devs going to address the needs of more passive bars (which are sometimes used in combat too! OR for Crafting/agriculture etc...)
    AND I would like a non-combat bar to add emotes to, for General conversational/interaction purposes!

Personally I would like to separate some of the immense strain/needs of my non-combat bar to separate bars, for different needs/circumstances...
    Emotes, Music, Potions/Crafting/Fights etc...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes please.

FrostII likes this.
  10. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Yes please. I avoid forest scenes because of this.

FrostII likes this.
  11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

You uys should probably bug the branches issue.

12. golruul

golruul Avatar

Nah, it's still bound to the default key (not at my gaming computer, but I think it's the key to the left of 1, ` ). For corpse looting, I'm definitely not hitting that when I'm spamming the E key to loot. For the teleport to zone scrolls, I'm also definitely not hitting that. In fact, when I lose the cursor, I can't get it back even when I hit the key that it's bound to. It's like that weird state when you talk to an NPC but the cursor goes away and you can't click on any of the keywords and can't get the cursor back. Even then, hitting the "toggle mouse look" key doesn't work. You can only escape out of the conversation and re-enter again to get it back.

There's something weird going on there.

I don't think I'm hitting the tab key because offhand I don't think anything is mapped to it, but I'll be extra sure to check next time.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  13. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

They should improve the ore respawn in the mines as a quality of life feature. As it stands I have to stand around 5-10 minutes waiting for more ore to show up. Elysium isn't bad because of its size but Spectral is pointless trying to mine for more than 5 minutes.

FrostII likes this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I've complained to the brick wall about it in the past.

15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The foliage limiting sight is probably by design. I do remember quite a while back, they did take the time to reduce the number of visual trees in many areas (to reduce the foliage in areas).

It is still a pain, but I eventually got used to it, and learned to move the camera a bit here and there to mostly avoid it.

16. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

17. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

I have to admit this drives me nuts too.

I also share this problem with you. I have remapped my key and I know it is not hit when I loot or talk to NPCs to change the cursor mode.

The biggest annoyance for me is the network interruption icon.. hopefully that is fixed now with the server move :)

18. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

A gripe of mine for the pile: some items cannot be click-dragged as a stack. Usually these items are commodities, like empty alchemy flasks, that you wouldn't, for any reason, want to drag individually. I can't imagine the reason why most items are click-stack-drag and a select few are not.

19. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if you have deco mode on and you drag something that is placeable as deco, it assumes you want to deco with it and only grabs one. turn deco mode off when you're not using it and you'll always get the whole stack.

Jaesun and majoria70 like this.
  20. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I don't think we're talking about the same thing. Alchemical flasks aren't even deco.

ETA: They are deco.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.