1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

COTO price question

Discussion in 'Commodities (WTS/WTB COTOs, Resources, Components)' started by Thulmor Kingslayer, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thulmor Kingslayer

Thulmor Kingslayer Avatar

I heard from a guildie that the price of COTOs has increased. Can someone tell me what the going price per COTO is now because he mentioned he saw someone selling COTOs for 9k-10k per. I have over 300 COTOs and going to put 250 of them on my vendor.

K1000 likes this.
  2. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

They sell well at 9000-9300. I have some priced higher and they aren't getting touched. You might have some friends that can give you a better price.

K1000 and that_shawn_guy like this.
  3. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

4. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Still possible to find some for 7000-8000g ea. My personal recommendation, wait until next month for new changes (next month each coto will be multiplied by 100). If you really need sell some 8k looks ok as average price.

If you have any doubt/question about market or COTOs in general feel free to send me a pm or whisper ingame.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  5. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

I agree with Titania, the cotos on my vendors sell at around the prices Titania quoted, not higher. I'm also not sure prices will fall very much with the new coto store and the possibility to upgrade deeds, they may even go higher. But this is speculation and it's really hard to predict the future prices of COTO's. All of this to say, if you need cotos now, buy them now, if not then wait to buy them for when you need them.

Titania Xylia likes this.
  6. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

He said he want sell some. That's why the best thing is to wait for new changes, and the reason you guys saw less people selling them (hoarding) and higher demand with all the new options to use crowns ingame.

Titania Xylia likes this.
  7. Godra

Godra Avatar

I have purchased COTOs in the past and lately it is just too high, so I stopped purchasing them. Also, I refuse to pay 10,000 igg per COTO. That is insane, but based on Ports prices, its still slightly cheaper. But I am broke at this point and spent every last gold coin, so I am waiting until the prices come down, if they ever come down.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  8. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I am having a hard time figuring this out, are you saying if I have 100 COTO's right how next months they will be changed to 10.000? Does that mean the selling price each is going to drop also?

Rada Torment likes this.
  9. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

Yes, you will have 10,000 COTOs after the conversion, if you have 100 of today's COTO's.

The main reason for this is price flexibility. Portalarium will be able to offer more products for less than a dollar. $0.25 will be 25 COTOs.

COTOs priced 9,000g today will be worth 90g in the new system.

You will also see far more COTOs drop in-game. Possibly 100x more to match the current drop rate.

All prices in the store will be adjusted to new values to maintain their real world currency value.

Most games operate on this conversion rate: 1 in-game premium currency is worth $0.01 in the real world. It's a smart move for port to move to the more proven method, and I'm pumped for it.

You'll see items worth crazy values like 30,000 COTOs for a Keep Moondial decoraton or 79,900 for a PoT Taxed City Deed, but thats on the new scale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.