XP and loot change?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nikko, Feb 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Well, it seems to start counting some timer if you go idle. Not sure if it matters if you're actually in battles while idle or not, but I've noticed that it gets worse and worse as time goes on until around maybe 30 or 40 minutes idle, you'll see very very poor gains in loot and XP. Then you have to log out and do nothing for maybe an additional 30 minutes, and things will be back to normal. This is what I have been experimenting in my tests, at least. Again... I have to stress, I am nearby, and in fact watching all of the crap happening, I'm not running out and leaving my computer completely unattended the entire time.

The solution is that you need to constantly go in and loot and or run around a bit or something ever few minutes, otherwise it starts to get noticeably bad, and the penalty sticks with you for some time. Even if you're sitting there watching all of the battles unfold, the GAME thinks you're just sitting idle/AFK the whole time, because no keys are being pressed and whatnot.

The upside is that I'll make more gp now, I suppose, if I decide to stick with the game for a while. It's just unnecessary and annoying.

2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

My solution is to log out when I will be away from the game Problem fixed.
    Closed case.

3. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Could not loot them at all, and I was in a private instance by myself. I just shrugged it off as a glitch at the time and exited the game and started it again, but going off this thread there may be more to the story.

4. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Hah... They changed the spawn in that room and the shape of the rocks just because of this thread. Now there is a random hardened skeleton spawner (T8 or so) in there. Unreal.

Congrats Chris! You win, buddy.

*edit* and the zombies are higher level!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

[QUOTE="Nikko, post: 1202926, member: 46185"..... *edit* and the zombies are higher level![/QUOTE]
    @Nikko What do you mean by "higher level" pls ?

6. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Possibly in relation to the random hardened skeleton? *shrugs*

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Correlation is not causation.

8. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Sounds like you had an easy spot to gain xp while you were sitting at your comp logged in and hardly playing? And your upset they fixed it or had mechanics to prevent this behavior?

Whether you are completely automating the process and botting or tabbing out and doing other things while your "playing" still seems like exploiting to me if you're gaining any xp at all.

With pets and skills like immolation that last for 30+ minutes they kind of need to have mechanics in that will stop this sort of thing. It's a game, it's meant to be played, if you aren't playing shut it off, right?

Or am I missing something here?

How would you be in battles if you're idle... I'm so confused right now after reading this thread.

9. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

1. Go to a place that has enemy NPCS that spawn in a way you can easily kill them off in succession and not empty the area out quickly
    2. Enter combat mode, turn on auto attack
    3. Attack something.

Probably helps a lot if you are ranged ;)

Weins201 likes this.
  10. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I meant, how do you do that without exploiting/cheating...

Weins201 likes this.
  11. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

It's pretty funny if you literally can't wrap your head around the concept of finding things that are easy for your level, and your character automatically swatting at them in self defense. You can't even imagine this? If something walks up to your character, your character will attack if he or she is hit. That's it. It's not rocket science, and it's not breaking any rule, especially if I am literally sitting there watching this happen in front of me.

I used to watch TV/YouTube/whatever while playing the game. I'm sure there are literally hundreds of people that do that. I hated the grind, but enjoyed playing the actual interesting content of the game with my friends, so that's what I would do to try to keep up with them and enjoy that content too. I realized one day that there is a lot of content in the game that is easy enough to kill with literally zero effort, and so I did that. I wasn't botting. I wasn't violating any terms... I was simply putting in the least amount of effort possible to get small gains every day in the game. Isn't that what people do? Shortest distance between two points is a straight line.

I'm moving on to Hytale whenever that comes out anyway, so yeah... No matter. I had high hopes for this game. I still sort of do. I think IF they ever have new huge continents and ships that we control, sea serpents and pirates attacking, and all that, it might be worth investing more time and money into this.

'Til then, my friends...

12. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I can wrap my head around it. And that is exploiting. Whether your sitting there and watching it or not. If you aren't pressing buttons and you're gaining xp It's cheating. No matter how you want to rationalize it.

I play the game while I'm playing. What you are doing is not playing the game. Obviously the devs agree with me since there are mechanics to prevent ppl from doing this.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Weins201 likes this.
  13. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

This is simply not true. It is exploiting nothing. I am sitting there watching the battles, and ready to heal or act if needed. Are you telling me that all accounts that have players that kill some things without pressing buttons should be punished in some way? That's craziness. Many times, when I used to play, I would be very active. Many times, I would not be. I would just be watching in case things went south so I could pop in a heal or something. There is no way you can say that the absence of key presses is an exploit. Having a bot press keys FOR you while you're not even around... I get that. What you're saying is just not exploiting. We can go around and around this until we're blue in the face if you want.

14. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

To answer this, I believe it is a random chance for higher level zombies (higher than T5 with the 305hp). It still spawns in the 305hp zombies, but you'll get peppered with hardened skeles here and there too.

15. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Then why are they taking away your experience? Can you prove you are sitting there watching? The only way they can really tell you are there is by pressing buttons. Such a strange argument.

16. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Yes, I agree. Strange argument you have here. I'm not going to keep going in circles.

I'm going to sign out for another few months.

Have fun.

Adam Crow likes this.
  17. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Why not just stay logged in and keep gaining xp while you watch? You can play other games and watch YouTube! :D

18. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Eh poor guy. I do sympathize with him a bit - the grind is real. That said, his solution is definitely not acceptable - in my opinion, at least.

So I guess we are to accept the spawn modification as proof of anti-botting? Is the experience fluctuation scripted variety, RNG, or part of a larger machination?

It seems that this thread will settle on: "He was afk grinding, so good riddance."

But is that the whole story? :confused:

19. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I don't know. I regularly play 10 or 15 minutes, then find a safe place to sit while leaving the computer for up to 30 min. or sometimes till time out for RL business. I probably have been victim of the attenuation and did not notice. From now on I will always log off. It is distasteful to discover it like this. The devs should at least tell us what to do to avoid the bot trap with normal play.

Barugon and Jason_M like this.
  20. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I agree. We should know our transgressions before being punished - directly or indirectlt.

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.