Watching part 2 of this new player MP lets play - Lose the shower cap

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Vladamir Begemot, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Good interesting watch of four friends trying to get started in Shroud as a group.

Went a lot smoother than in the old days, although they unfortunately wound up scattered all over.

The biggest take away? Lose the ugly blue starter "shower cap". They just put all this time into their character and their hair is covered by the ugliest hat ever.

It's not going to kill anyone to run around without a helm for a bit, early game isn't that hard now.

2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I love it that he keeps doing exit game to start on the world map :)

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

True Vlad, but we do have hide helmet now. Which is literally the first command I look up in almost every MMO I have ever started playing, ever. ;)

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

True, but it's not going to hurt these guys to just not have the shower cap, it's not saving their lives or anything.

I know our hair choices aren't fantastic, but the new player just made them so they are at least still new, they should be enjoying that hair for a bit. :)

Jason_M likes this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Part 2:

TL:DW summary, they seem pretty into it, not a lot of frustration (the one guy had a heck of a time removing the showercap though.)

"We need tougher mobs!" Like to the point of "Skip the outskirts totally it's too easy".

Excitement about music.

And the early game is overwhelming, it's very obvious, even if guys like this handle it well. It is how it is, lots of people will just never be able to handle it.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh thanks for sharing that. A couple of things that were uncomfortable was the chat orb already is asking a player to spend cash on a free to play game. It is fine to have a chat orb but every player should just get one free too. At that time the player should be directed to the rewards to to get the orb added to their inventory. Also since the players did not like the hat a tip could be added to say you can hide your hat at any time on the character sheet. There are still some confusing things and the option to skip the area wasn't jumping out at them and how to get together to play together was a mystery that they did eventually figure out a way. It was a very good example too. I really enjoyed watching it.

7. oplek

oplek Avatar

We could have it so the orb is given as part of a quest, like the deeds. But, there's a different global chat for new players, that everyone automatically has access to. Those who don't mind listening to people potentially creating new accounts and spamming the chat (or whatever abuse), can still listen in and help newer players. I can understand wanting to have some kind of filter on non-invested players from global chat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.