1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Store & Crowns: Please read about important upcoming changes!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oplek

oplek Avatar

The lack of a $5 option effectively prices me out of it. I couldn't justify the $9/mo subscription, let alone $10. I might have thrown in $5 if one or more of the stretch goals looked interesting (this release's list is.... uninteresting, beyond other concerns I've had). But the $5 option vanishing doesn't help.

2. Rogosh of the Zog Cabal

Rogosh of the Zog Cabal Avatar

I dont have a problem with the 1-100, but I do have a problem with the $10-750

It kind of feels like a last minute cash grab. The web store does look amazing, which I dont shun progress. But I do denounce the ideology that because they do it we do it. You all have the chance to be better than corporate clowns running larger mmos. Do the people right and match evenly $1 = 100 crowns, you're inflating the market and looking for a last minute spike in sales and I'm disappointed with that.

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I've said something similar many times.. however there is a flip side in that it isn't always "because they're doing it". Sometimes it's why they're doing it is the same reasons why we should. Not necessarily saying that's the case here but I think it's fair to point out that there is a distinction to be made there.

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Isn't that a bit much drama about +/- 5 Bucks folks?

@Chris could you please consider offering a 5USD crown pack too?
    I personally don't mind the 9/10 option as only option but it seems there are quite a few people that do mind it *shrugs*

5. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

outside US : 12$ per month taxes included.

Lained and Elrond like this.
  6. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

You know they just removed the $5 Coto level...

7. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Absolutely NOT. If you have multiple accounts you want rewards on its a fleecing. Plus it literally DOUBLES the amount needed to qualify for rewards. Percentage wise that’s huge the dollar amount is really secondary. The real question is why they feel the need to do this. Starting to wonder if we should be worried about the games finances.

Redhammer and Cordelayne like this.
  8. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I don't really care about the telethon rewards. They seldom make anything that interests me.
    But I used to make a $5 purchase on two accounts to help the game, like the thousands I've already spent wasn't enough.
    When they started the rewards program I subscribed one account because I was willing to donate $10 but not $18.
    In December I cancelled the subscription because I'm no longer willing to donate at all.
    If Portalarium makes something I'm interested in, I will spend some of the thousands of crowns I have banked.
    No new money from me until Portalarium makes good on their unkept promises.
    Raising the minimum purchase helps seal the deal.

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There really should be the $5 option, to receive just the stretch goal items. That is concerning.

Obviously the $5 COTO will not be the best value to purchase COTO’s.

Cordelayne, Elrond and that_shawn_guy like this.
  10. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

$5 for 4 coto(s) what harm is that...... We need more money.. You must spend $9 or get nothing.

11. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

@Chris

When does the web store go away?
    when is the expected date for the coto conversion/change(s) to take effect?

12. oplek

oplek Avatar

It's kind of funny... I've sunk four-figures into this game, and yet, I still scoff at spending $60 on a new game. Psychology is weird, and misconstructions are insidious. Gone, apparently, are the days where you'd buy a game, and you get the game.

13. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

R63 at the end of the month

14. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

Yeah, marketing found out long ago, that people have no issue with micro-transactions, $1-$5 here and there when a person wants something, they justify the purchase as its only a few $$. But see a $9/$15 sub fee and shun away from it.

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Make it $5 for 500 COTOS + rewards and quit screwing around. This whole thing is just a fiasco. We’ve all put in our dues $$ wise.

16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

This needs to hit QA now, I mean immediately, to allow testers to take a look at the numbers.

if not somewhere there will be a glitch / error that can result in some kind of weird abuse like happened with the Houses for COTO fiasco.

Some players may find the error and not report and then abuse it.

Given enough time those who truly "Test" the game will catch a problem
    '

18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Completely agree with this. Add a new item on the store (just throwing an idea here, and using the new COTO quantity):

Monthly Release Stretch Goal and COTO pack $5
    This item will give you 400 COTO’s and allow you to be eligible for all of the stretch goal items achieved for the current release.

It’s not the best purchase for COTO’s, but you do get a few COTO’s AND all of the current release stretch goal items. That’s actually a decent value. I see no problem with that.

Obviously, the rewards program of $9 or the $10 for 1000 COTO’s are still your best value.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  19. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

That was 100% my point. The 1-100 thing is a GREAT move. The issue comes with the perceived loss of value for your money. While it makes little difference in actual effect the PERCEPTION is a massive kick in the pants, on top of which there is no middle ground where you get your perceived worth. You either get less or more in varying degrees. It also gives an impression of 'unless you are willing to pay the full price of a physical retail game we are wasting our time' scenario. I am 100% certain this is not the intention WHATSOEVER.

20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Please refrain from using my post for some conspiracy nonsens. Thank you.

Chris and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.