(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.) .......

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Arn Magnusson, Feb 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arn Magnusson

Arn Magnusson Avatar

Hello, I was led to this forum from a link posted on Shroudoftheavatar page on Facebook. I read the article and wished to provide feedback from a newer player perspective playing through Steam, but noticed this at the bottom of the thread (You have insufficient privileges to reply here.). I created an account for this game, now 30 days ago. I have played this game every day since I created an account and have now hit 281 hours of game play, that's 9.36 hrs per day. I have at this point put $170.28 usd on the game through the cash shop and second party reseller MarkeeDragon.

Since I have no permission to reply to this thread https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...Y-iqfYP3yxwnJK061j7YsR5glgf3gEiSXsyPjrAJ8tdqg I will reply here.

Firstly as a newer player testing the game out, the $4.00 purchase option for crowns was nice. I could support the game, but not have to invest a lot, as I initially chose to do. I think removing that lower denomination will turn newer players off of making an investment into the game. In addition to that, in the U.S. each purchase is taxed, so the proposed new lowest amount of $10.00 usd will be $10.40-$10.60 is my best guess, making it closer to $11.00. Going from $4.33 (with tax) to almost $11.00 dollars is a bit steep as an entry level support option. I understand that there are people out there that have put thousands of usd into the game, and that's awesome, but people love bite sized options as well. Maybe the new proposed model does not support a lower denomination, and that's why it will no longer be offered. As I read through the replies on the recent thread, what I am feeling, has been said there also.

Still not understanding the whole (You have insufficient privileges to reply here.) I checked Steam's discussion page for this game and this thread has not been posted there. Most Steam users go to the discussions page for a game first, because its easy. Some of the Steam users will track down a games official forums, but when we do and we wish to be heard, and this is what we see (You have insufficient privileges to reply here.) well to be honest, I feel a bit put off.

Thanks for your time,

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Strange.
    I will link your post to the topic.

Degothia likes this.
  3. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

@Degothia

From my recollection/understanding of how the whole New Player posts work...

I "think" New Players have to at least post a "Hello. I am here" (or reply/add to an existing post in the New Player Forum. to "get posting privileges"...

I could well be 100% wrong, but my understanding is do what I suggested above (which you have now done)
    OR spend $2 in the Store... (I do not think buying anything from 2nd Party Sellers, makes any difference at all... e.g. Not counted) To be able to freely post.

Hope my somewhat limited perception helps....

Degothia likes this.
  4. Arn Magnusson

Arn Magnusson Avatar

I have spent on the store $140.28, in that is also a subscription, so that did not meet the requirement. Maybe my post did, have not checked yet. But thanks for the feedback.

Even after posting on the forums, (this thread) I still see (You have insufficient privileges to reply here.) on the thread in question. To be honest at this point, I just wish they would post their updates and new info on the Steam discussions page for this game, because there I do have sufficient privileges to post there. But again thanks for the reply.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

When using Facebook, are you sure you were logged into the SOTA forums to post here? Clicking the link from a third party site might not be the only step required to post on these boards. Just a thought.

Degothia likes this.
  6. Lained

Lained Avatar

That's odd having spent money on the game should give you access, just to check as some people us alt accounts are you signed in with the one that contributed money to the game?

7. Arn Magnusson

Arn Magnusson Avatar

I only run one account. Thanks for the response though.

8. Arn Magnusson

Arn Magnusson Avatar

Taking your advice I have now tried to access that thread from Facebook, still a no go. Then I closed it all out, pulled up the official site, logged in, clicked forums, pulled up the thread and still I see (You have insufficient privileges to reply here.) I asked my fiancee who also plays this game, to try also, she is receiving the same message, she can post in other areas or reply to threads just not the thread in question. All in all, this is not a very welcoming experience for newer players trying to voice there opinion on this forum. Thank you for your response.

9. Verit

Verit Avatar

The thread you are trying to post on may be locked. ?

margaritte and Degothia like this.
  10. Arn Magnusson

Arn Magnusson Avatar

Just had another look at that thread and it is not locked, but thanks for the feedback.

11. Lained

Lained Avatar

12. Arn Magnusson

Arn Magnusson Avatar

Yes it does. But why would that effect my ability to post on the forums?

13. Lained

Lained Avatar

Just double checking, at this point I'd suggest sending an to email support@portalarium.com and ask them to take a look at it as somethings gone awry.

Jaesun likes this.
  14. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

@Chris - Seems there have been several of these lately... hoping seeing several examples might help you see similarities between accounts that might be a cause.

15. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Sadly, the main one who can help on the team is Chris - who has been on vacation and is just returning to Austin now. Something is going on as I've seen others having similar issues when from all I can see they should not. Best of luck wherever you land.

16. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Did you bought the game or are you playing for free?
    If you are playing for Free ( even if you bought stuff from shop) you have to buy the discuss orb which costs 2$ from shop ( 1$ during sales). It prevents spam and control a bit health of the chat, after you bought it and having it inventory, you should be able to talk in universe chat in game and in other sections of the forum other than "new player welcome".

17. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

@Degothia , if you read in the bottom left of that gold bar it says "Not open to further replies." With that said, there are some forums that I can't reply to also, and I reported them a long time ago, but it never got fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.