I have mixed feeling -shared XP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You only get that first time crafting experience once per account:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...y-another-character-slot.150264/#post-1201109

Jaesun, Spungwa and Senash Kasigal like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

No announcement. They merely said that they were considering it.

3. Lained

Lained Avatar

Ah, thanks for the link.

Barugon likes this.
  4. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Barugon likes this.
  5. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

ok guys, lets look at what this is REALLY about: CRAFTING!
    my noob alt toon had no problem on day 2 running into UT with my friends and getting up to AL 80. so there really is no point in an adventure toon to share adventure xp. the new toon can get it easy. 1 mil per hour is a HARD CAP.
    on the other hand, crafting xp is way harder to get. now i did spend 10mil crafting xp just to get the new toon viability in gathering. 2 toons in crafting is for the specializations.

ESPECIALLY if i can surrender the whole 120 plus level blacksmith and all blacksmith MW trees to transfer it to the new toon. that would rock.

Barugon likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You would still have to spend the resources to retrain the skill but at least it would give you a way to transfer the experience.

7. Boo Ladedada

Boo Ladedada Avatar

I didn't go through the rest of the posts i wanted to reply to you personally. FOR ME and IMO only Double XP and Upper Tears Ruined it for me. YES no one told me I had to do Upper Tears. Double xp well can't avoid that when they made it the norm. I play Online MMO's to work with others and teamup and enjoy adventures together and I just plain blew by all that with Boo. I have not lost my love for the game, community or Portalarium. I'm just taken a break and enjoying some other games everything i play is in that exciting alpha/beta early access stage. I'm planning on starting to Stream the games I play to help others I don't want to be King of the Hill no more. I've reflected back on the games I've played over the years and i always ended up trying to get to that "END GAME" and that has been my biggest mistake almost every game I've played I've reached that point and in no time I became bored and start searching for other games. The way Shroud is Developing is something I really enjoy because there is no end game and I can't wait to see what we are posting at the end of this year. What will the next year bring us too I personally cannot wait. I'm playing a couple other games pretty heavy atm and guess what in both of there forums I have stuck up for this game regardless if im spending most my time here or not. I've received some flack for it but i don't care. I think Portalarium is Top Notch on communicating with us on a regular basis, I yet to find a game that is playable top even come close to what Port does for us.

Anyways Jeb is now my main in Shroud when you see him in game he is always gonna have a Hospitaliers tag on. I've served myself enough now when i get on Shroud gonna help anyone and everyone I have no agendas. I rambled alot here but Honestly Shroud and the community and the Developers matter a lot to me. You all are great people and we have a wonderful world to Hang out together In and I'm very grateful for it. Not everything is perfect but if everything was perfect we would get bored.

see ya all in game
    Jeb (aka Boo) Ladedada

Duke Gréagóir and Jaesun like this.
  8. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

thats the easy part. i dont mind spending the mats to get the skills back up. i would love to surrender 40mil xp to move blacksmithing to the other toon.

Barugon likes this.
  9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I think the bottom line is, if you're going to let people share crafting xp on the same account, why even put in the specialization "hard limit" at all? Ok, I will spend 30$ and dump crafting xp onto 3 alts to cover all gear types? What's the point? Making me look at more load screens is about all it accomplishes.

This is why crafting specialization as a hard limit is a bad idea.
    Just make the skill cost a lot and people will naturally specialize since producer XP is harder to come by. Most people already do this to some extent anyway for this very reason. The rest of the serious crafters have already groomed their alt accounts to fill in the gaps to maintain self sufficiency that was promised with a classless game.

Ravenscar likes this.
  10. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

We are glad to have you too!

Jeb Ladedada likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.