Any love coming to hair or faces?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Blackthorne, Feb 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

I was just curious about this.

I love all the new items and stuff as much as the next guy, but man our hair styles are dated and very ugly.

The only saving grace is that I can cover it all with a helmet. The same thankfully covers my character's face mostly.

Any chance there will be an update to hair and faces to drastically improve their quality? Maybe even enough to make me want to show my character's features off?

Let me know.

-LB

Alioth, Fei Akhart, Gia2 and 7 others like this.
  2. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

I wish we could get an answer.
    I've been asking for years.
    Never got one. And I'm not trolling, I really never had an answer to that question.

3. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

LOL!!!

Boris Mondragon and Jaesun like this.
  4. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

It's on the books..... I want to say for this year but I could be wrong but.... it's on the books.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

In general the models need another pass. It might be a problem if everyones appearances change tho as a result of it.

Both the model animations (run as a woman and tell me that character doesnt look ridic) and face/hair inprovements would go a long way to making people feel better I think about the game state. Would be great if all the cloth issues could get fixed too.

6. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

UO was UO and they had like ... lol one character look for everyone much like SOTA.

IMHO uniqueness is very important and being able to shape ourselves in whatever fashion we want is very very important.

This has been a long awaited thing.

Boris Mondragon and Olthadir like this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I agree they do but I'm ok with the female except more choices of course to make them more unique. The male model was upgraded last but I'm really sorry they did it. Most new players I hear hate the male model and think the female model is much better. Hair definitely needs more choices. Well my opinions ;)

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Nope! Mine is totally sexy:

[​IMG]

Mishras and Jaesun like this.
  9. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

My character looks great :D

... but one short coming I've noticed is age: we are more than any MMO community that I know of diverse in our age range, but all the male avatars seem mid to late thirties and all the female avatars seem ten years younger.

There are some very youthful looking old timers in New Britannia.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

As you can see by my signature it was from the early days of trying to get improvements to our avatars. Here are some examples of females and males before lots of updates came in. One thing that didn't changed all that much was hair styles although they did get some love. One problem is we only have one artist who has to do so much as it is. As you can see females have come a long way. One complaint besides how older they look for the males is that the player wants to play a mage not a body builder. Lots of old interesting threads on this subject but resources are very limited at the moment. I so hope we can get some more devs hired one day soon. We need a windfall and if that doesn't make sense. Here is the meaning ;) I think Baldriths avatar in the 2014 photo looks pretty good face wise but the females were struggling ;). The last picture is a more recent photo to show so much improvements.

wind·fall
    Dictionary result for windfall
    /ˈwin(d)fôl/
    noun
      • a piece of unexpected good fortune, typically one that involves receiving a large amount of money.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  11. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I am still looking for a game where your body masses reflects your play style.
    if your a caster your body will stay slim, if a fighter your body grows with time into a big muscles body.
    Hunter massive arm muscles. and so forth.

That would be so cool to see.

on topic yes, we need loads more customization options for our character.

Alioth, Antrax Artek and Woodchuck like this.
  12. Asari

Asari Avatar

I'd LOOOOVE more hair options!

Mischievous Dragon likes this.
  13. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

They should consider this the next QOL item. More body shapes especially for the ladies as well as hair styles. It may just increase the player population to cover the cost of another dev artist. R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever.

Feeyo likes this.
  14. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Problem with body types is that every wearable items needs to be made to fit them.. which either means they're able to be morphed or that another copy of the item needs to be made for each body type so that they look right. Which in some cases could also mean new sets of animations. Multiply the work by every new wearable and the longer they wait to do it the harder it's going to be.

15. redfish

redfish Avatar

Hairy faces

16. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

why cant a "big boned" bodytype be a caster? why not even be archtypal for a caster? I think a big hearty "buddha belly" fits a master of the arcane quite nicely.

why does a fighter have to be big and muscular? lots of fighters are slim.

[​IMG]

also, using a bow does not make your arms large (i wish they did though!). they will, however, make the joints and tendons in your fingers, arms, and shoulders stronger.

i have met lots and lots of fighters in my life. i can say this much: you have absolutely no idea what someone is capable of just by looking at their body shape/size. you might be surprised by the grace and power of certain body shapes, as all that matters is how the warrior underneath is trained. likewise, hulking muscular people are rarely decent fighters (muscles are for looking pretty ;) ).

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  17. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Good points there, but with fighter I really meant a heavy 2H Axe/Sword fighter. Not a kung fu monk figher anyhow.

I do not think there are big belly magic casters, I just do not see that in a game. With all that running from map to map (without a mount) I do not believe anyone could stay fat anyway. Just saying.

18. Floors

Floors Avatar

So what, Fat people have to have GMs in Cooking or what ? No, we need to let people choose their body types not have it forced on them.

Black Tortoise and Mishras like this.
  19. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

See OP, still no answer .

20. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

I wonder , if we can get an answer to that question.

Any chance there will be an update to hair and faces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.