Cool PK stories :)

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Zeke0123, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 Avatar

I'll kick it off with my favorite PKer....guy called himself "Troll" and he told you as you were approaching the bridge (I believe outside of Brittania) "Pay my Toll or die" and he wanted 100 gps or he would attack you...he was pretty tough and always stayed in character and always wanted his toll even it was 10 players.

I never got to fight him because I always paid the toll ;).

Ned888 and NRaas like this.
  2. Dulgrand

Dulgrand Avatar

I was writing a loooooong and "cool" (I think) PK story, but I refresh this windows instead another one by mistake... I will rewrited all over again soon (writing in english ain't so natural thing to me yet).

3. Orladin

Orladin Avatar

I'll share a mass PK spree that lasted around 2 months back in the AOS/SE era. It was around circa 2004 - 2005 on a free server I frequented a bit when some of the euro kids I ran around with quit OSI. It was an OSI clone and I actually did a lot of playtesting for them. Around peak times there would be 300-400 players at a time. Actually befriended one of them IRL and ended up partying it up in New York for 2 weeks via that server lol. So it holds a special place for me. That's also where my old room mate met his wife.
    There was one polish/turkish guild in particular that always ran around in gank squads. They'd constantly have members get banned for speedhacking and all sorts of stuff. They were extremely problematic. Although they did provide entertainment because they usually logged on around 3-4am US Eastern time and brit graveyard turned into a warzone for a few hours like clockwork. They were notorious guardzone huggers.
    Anyways one of them had figured out a bug hadn't been fixed yet via the server program that allowed you to damage the yellow vendor NPCs, kill and then loot them. I'm not even kidding. So you can imagine what happened then.
    They ended up killing my room mate's vendors. Which included 2 of mine loaded with A+ gear and jewels.
    itjustgotpersonal.jpeg That's actually the day I met my NY buddy because he had the same thing happen to him.
    Staff went on a banning rampage and had to do a server reverse. A few of them had been at it for around 2 weeks but were doing it under the radar. Loads of bug reports for missing vendors.
    There were several of them left after the mass banning but it turned into my unholy mission to personally wipe them from the face of the server. One of them prided himself for a tamed Dragon he had. This thing had close to max stats topped with resists. It was the best on the server by far. I ended up spotting him out in Tokuno. He got a Strangle/Lethal Poison/Bleed combo that made short work of him. Lured his Dragon/mare into the wilderness, killed em and kept em there til they went wild.
    I must have killed him 20x when he'd run in there frantically and try to get em to follow him so he could heal em. My NY buddy and room mate ended up joining in on the fun when he called in some back up.

Then it was weeks of chasing those guys down at every turn after we compiled a list of known characters of theirs. We killed their crafters in town via triple explode/recall as often as possible.
    Full on raided anything they attempted to do.
    Camped their houses.
    It was relentless.
    Ended up running them off the server anyways.

4. Crankypoed

Crankypoed Avatar

I got a kick out of my friend setting up a table in front of a dungeon and charging admission.

licemeat and Zeke0123 like this.
  5. Therous

Therous Avatar

I loved taking your house key and boat key... and making them mine.... lol the good old days...

6. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

That's not a good story! :confused:
    We need details, suspense, drama... life and death.

Aeryk likes this.
  7. Skalex

Skalex Avatar

My fav PK memories, tho they technically aren't PKing..

Were when I would join a friend in Shame (Post Trammel Exodus) to find nightmare riding, dragon tamers crawling the empty Feluca dungeons, feeling invincible because of their dragons.

We would either attack the dragon, or steal from the tamer which would flag us grey.
    This would result in a quick ''All Kill'', which would then make the tamer grey to us...
    We'd paralyze the dragon, kill the tamer, then finish the dragon. (Or spare it)

The tamers would usually be carrying a fortune on them of course, since they would crawl for hours and never gate to the bank to dump their loot.

8. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 Avatar

I was hoping for some style/flair come on you guys can do better...There were some PKs that had a lot of origionality and made it interesting. You don't have to have been the PK or have been PKed it could just be something you heard or saw ;).

9. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

When I first starting playing UO there was a red named "Double Dose" that saw me and then chased me around the forest. The only decent skill I had at the time was hiding so I out ran him and hid. He knew the approximate area I was in so decided to stand there and lecture me about how I wasted skill points in such a stupid skill as hiding. That's when I realized UO was not your typical game and could be played on so many different levels. Just because one thing mattered to someone else doesn't mean it matters to you. I was safe from him because of the skills he deemed to be worthless. His friend showed up and cast detect hidden. I was then murdered and camped for so long I had to just log out and come back the next day. Oh Double Dose... I still hate you as much I did a decade and a half ago.

Zeke0123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.