Any confirmation on crafting specialization?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jmcclain, Feb 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmcclain

jmcclain Avatar

Anyone know when it's going to be implemented?

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm betting R64.

3. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Optimistic. I'd wager mid to late summer.

Mishikal and Black Tortoise like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, you're right. It's not in the Q1 plan but mentioned as a later 2019 feature. :(

5. jmcclain

jmcclain Avatar

Damn :( I need new armor but I'm trying to hold out for that.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  6. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

Apparently on other threads it has been mentioned for an Q4 end of year implementation.. Personally I am waiting for the major fixes in crafting that need to be done before the crafting specialization is added.

Crafting needs a LOT of love and we are have been put on the back burner way to long now.

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

can you elaborate on what crafting things they have promised to fix? or point me to where they mentioned this? thanks!

8. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

They have not and that is part of the problem.

I'll be damn if a PVP issue pops up then @Chris would fix it in a mid month patch.

Weins201 and Woodchuck like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Maybe you could just elaborate on what needs to be fixed?

10. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

*takes opportunity*

COOK-ING! COOK-ING! COOK-ING! COOK-ING! ...

Malimn likes this.
  11. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

Lets see...

Still no use for black cutworms, no silver/gold scraps, etc...

Alchemy, there is NO difference in a potion made by a person who has 10 levels vs a person who is GM or higher.

Cooking is the same as alchemy unfortunately.

Blacksmithing it takes a mountain of ore to make ONE exceptional suit.. You basically need to make 5 of each item just to guarantee one exceptional item.

Refining process takes WAY too long.

When you craft an exceptional resource, there is nothing that separates them and they are all stacked on the same pool of items. Before people ask why, just think about 18k Gold and 24k Gold :) These exceptional resources could be used to increase exceptional item chances..

Resources take a LONG time to gather and is WAY out of wack.. It takes an hour to gather 160 ore (Spectral Mines) which then turns in to 80ish ingots using metal scraps, which to make into another type then goes to 40 ingots. You then need to make them into sheets which now your at 9-12 sheets which would only make TWO Tunics.

When you scrap an item that you spent gold or silver ingots, you will never get one back when you scrap the item.

Cannot masterwork Rings or Necklaces.

There is no "Upper Tears" for crafters

Need more?

kaeshiva, Chatele, Mishras and 4 others like this.
  12. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I'm having a fun time imagining what an "Upper Tears for crafters" is supposed to mean. Endless waves of ingot molds and thread jumping out of the ground? Sounds pretty cool I guess.

13. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

A way for crafters to max the amount of experience they can make in an hour capped say at 500, 750k to 1m producer pooled exp in an hour. Right now after you have made 3-5 of each item, the diminishing skill points return kicks to where you barely make any exp when you craft something.

ME?? I would double the experience you get from harvesting items and make them the same across the ENTIRE scene. Since we spend a LOT of time gathering, make it worth while to actually harvest your materials. Also, You mine gems or other items you get 100-200 producer points.

Chatele, FrostII and Weins201 like this.
  14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

You missed the numerous problems with the agriculture aspect of crafting that need fixing as well. ;) Those are covered well in other threads, but it's worth mentioning.

15. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

Yep... There are more, Survey is broken and is another worthless skill :)

16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

OHHH so many other also, Met. collection (actually unlearned by most, the survey skill (LMAO), oh how many skills in crafting need SOOOOO much work. Specialization is a nice idea but again fix the CORE of the skill trees first.

Jinx Malimn posetd while I was typing LoL

FrostII and Mishikal like this.
  17. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Yea, crafters are seriously overdue for some love.
    I don't know how you guys keep your sanity harvesting hour after hour after hour with so pitiful a return in the current scheme of things.

kaeshiva likes this.
  18. Yigg Endimion

Yigg Endimion Avatar

You have to be a bit insane, to be a crafter in this game.

FrostII, Jason_M, kaeshiva and 3 others like this.
  19. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

The most common suggestion is repeatable turn in quests. "Ardoris needs more swords, blacksmith! Can you make 10 longswords for us?" Which then returns an amount of gold somewhat better than vendoring the items and some tunable amount of experience. You could have different quests for different levels of crafting, like 10 swords of GM quality, 10 shields with 3 masterworks, etc.

This could also be used for world building. Track which quests are turned in and how many times at each location and you could use that data to say, give a zone wide buff during sieges, or reduce wandering monster frequency in a radius around the town.

The problems with crafting are not because nobody on the forums has made good suggestions.

20. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

silver and gold scraps has been talked about and sounds like its been scrapped. that said they should remove it form the list so that its no longer an issue.
    I do agree there are many things in game that how no current use which I am sure they will at some point in the future. in the mean time keep on hording :)

I like your idea on GM potions. would be neat to see skill level affect potion numbers.

Blacksmith , carpentry, tailor all take alot of resources to make one exceptional. If you level up your skills though past GM it happens more frequently. I think the idea is long term those that invest the time and points into these skills will be able to make alot come 200. I would not want to see this change or the markets would be flooded and making the player economy useless. Those that choose to craft to reach the top levels should be rewarded just like those that adventure to the top levels.

If resources were easy to get, leveling was easy then there would be a flood of items from companies with deep pockets. The balance is in place to prevent those with the deep pockets from p2w. Myself I craft every day and am over the GM levels and I can tell you it took a long time to get here and in the beginning it was a hard road but now its much easier. My wears sell which allow me the luxury to pay those who gather which is part of the economy. Take that away then every person would simply make things themselves and not support those that dont craft as much.

I even think with the upcoming crafter changes the markets may become imbalanced. Having the random chance of something awesome will go away and we will see nothing but Awesome for the top crafters making it harder on the lower level guys to make as much coin. Where presently a low level can make money on chance.

Just my view. Is it nuts to spend hours a day harvesting? can be depending on what you want to accomplish. I adventure and gather well doing so as to not mindlessly gather. I spent my first year playing only gathering. I did this instead of adventure just so that I could be in the top tier of crafters and it paid off. I think that should be something that has to be earned not given ;)

cheers,
    Xee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.