Path of Love forces PvP combat?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daemond, Feb 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You'll need to ask @Lord British for the reasoning, as it's one of his design elements for the game.
    He speaks about it briefly in this recording that was included in another thread:

2. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Right , they SOLD GUIDES to help, or the quest explained it better.... SO, this games needs to add that info to the quest giver, explaining there is an alternative rte. to get pass that PVP scene, and tell them where that alternative rte. can be found ….. One should not have to leave the game to search the forum or web for that info, it needs to be in the game.....

3. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I am one of those players who will NEVER PVP no matter what, nor will I ever enter a PVP zone..... That is one of the biggest turn off to me, and the only reason I supported this game in the past was, we were promised we would not be forced into PVP ever.... well, having us take the ridiculous dangerous mob infested areas as an alternate rte. SUX.... ALL MAIN Quests should be PVE period.... JMHO What the Heck were you thinking Port, what the hell … :eek::mad::(:rolleyes:

Cordelayne, Xkhan, Scanphor and 3 others like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The quest journal entries do mention that there are other ways to get to the areas, but apparently people are not reading them. Same with all the Oracle pages quest.

5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

YoU ArE WrOnG. PeRiOd.

Srsly though, can you stop this grumpy style of posting? It's enough when he tries to cover the fact that he has no valid point with his posting style. No need for you to jump on that specific train.

6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I am entitled to my opinion especially when I feel so strongly about it.... I have always hated what this game did with making us take an alternate rte to finish the main quest line that took so much longer going thru places I care not to, just to avoid pvp to do my quest. But pvp'ers get the fast and easy rte. to the quest …. I believe the main quest line should never take us thru a pvp zone period, and giving us an alternate rte doesn't cut it... "KISS" again JMHO like you have yours, good for u, I have mine too.

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Thank you for your restraint on this one.
    I never said you aren't entitled to your opinion. You of course are. I don't share it and, in all honesty, i don't even understand it.
    But i am more than willing to accept it and move on.
    Topics like this pick on my personal pride. I have always been a PvPer since the dark age of (internet) technology. I never, not once, have killed an unwilling victim.
    I even refunded/supported/whatever-depending-on-the-game enemys that realized too late that they had bitten off more than they could chew when they crossed blades/lazz0rz/whatever with me. So, this PvPer-are-griefers-stuff really badly grinds my gears. No offences though. In the end it's just a game.

8. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

My personal opinion is that NOT everything that needs to be known can be covered somehow in game. So yeah, I disagree.

Either route is just not as hard as you want to make it out to be. Sure I can understand the PvP zone, some folks abhor it, that's why the alternative route was included. So now you're saying any route on the main quest line shouldn't have dangerous mobs, really? :rolleyes:

9. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Portalarium attempted to straddle the fence with PvP. Having it a way that caters to those that want it and those that don't. Usually when a decision is made to straddle the fence it ends up not being great for either group. Somehow Port has managed to create a system that favors one group 90% and the other 10%.

My suggestion is to pull it completely. Make the game non-PvP and be done with it. That may sound drastic but all Portalarium is doing by keeping the system is opening themselves to attacks for no purpose, no benefit. SotA is not a PvP game. SotA is not a game for characters wanting to be a Thief. Let's just call a spade a spade and move on.

Sure, keep dueling in the game and then move on. I'm typing this while grumbling. I personally believe it was a mistake not to have PvP done properly, both from a game play and from an economic perspective.

10. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

No, I am saying the Main quest line should never involve a rte through a PVP zone ever, thus, no need to waste time on making 2 separate rtes to it, pvp, and non, just 1 rte to it PVE ….. "KISS"

Cordelayne likes this.
  11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I see nothing wrong with those who want PVP, I just don't want Main quest that we HAVE TO DO, to involve us having to take a diff rte to it, when the simple thing would have been to keep it in a PVE zone like the rest of the story....

Cordelayne and Scanphor like this.
  12. Curt

Curt Avatar

Should the glowing indications from quests be different depending on if you is PvP flagged or not?
    I.e showing different paths

Personally very annoyed when PvP scenes is along the way of a PvE quest

13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You need to ask @Lord British directly... That was his decision, and he speaks to it in the recording linked in my last post above.
    It's not a new thing... This design element hasn't wavered since the Kickstarter.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  14. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Like anything else, life is full of choices. Folks have 2 regarding main quest line, go thru the PvP zone (which most are clear of any PvPers for the short time you need to go thru it or use a different route. I see nothing wrong with the choices.
    We'll have to agree to disagree.

15. Floors

Floors Avatar

Don't be scared in those zones. Nobody is ever in them.....The only time you have to be careful of PvP is if you flag yourself and walk around towns and forget about it, then you'll get ganked.

Sean Silverfoot, Elwyn and Jaesun like this.
  16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I just took everything off me, got basic armor and weapons. And just ran through a few of the pvp zones to get to the various vaults. It was actually much faster and easier to do it that way. Never ran into a single person in them.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  17. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

This. There are what, eight different zones you have to go through? The large number of different zones, plus the fact that they aren't really popular for PvP players anyhow, makes it not worth trying to camp to gank players. The natural aggro in those zones are much more annoying, to both sides.
    You'd have to be a truly dedicated psycho to gank camp with:
    - obsidian elementals constantly bothering you
    - too many places to cover
    - people only need to go there once (unlike camping a bank, or a town gate)
    - players are likely to be at least level 50 or so before they even need to go there, no day-one noobs
    - low player base means even fewer sheep
    The only time I've ever had to deal with ganking was when taking a shortcut through Blood Bay, once because it was new and I was exploring (after that I kept Dash on my hot bar, and learned Silent Movement), and another time because Vauban Pass was so annoying before they threw open the control points.

And some of the areas you have to go to are easier than the back way than over the top anyhow. I still have no idea how you get into Rhun Vault the "normal" way. I was only ever able to go outward because I jumped out a window, and then jumped through another one-way route to get out of the keep.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  18. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

this thread has been completely derailed by the trolls from both sides.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW the topic is that Port has clearly stated that no player would ever HAVE to go into PvP, but the game itself has only ONE visible option - PvP.

Deal with it, it presents an appearance of a promise broken, it keeps coming up because new players see it. It should have been fixed ages ago, with IN GAME Information applied.

To the Sycophants, you all need to stop just blatantly brow beating players who voice an opinion which is counter to your ideologic wishes.

A lot of us still play the game, you see us here often, attacking players for negative opinions is wrong, posting more than once about it is trolling.

Go ahead try and get me to bite.

Chatele, Cordelayne and Gravidy like this.
  19. oplek

oplek Avatar

I guess I keep on waiting for eliminating the forced-PVP in these zones to be lifted, as a QOL item. They look like cool zones, and the PVP aspect doesn't seem to be particularly necessary. So the effort that went into the zones is going to waste.

20. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

totally

Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.