Fauns keep messing with me even though I don't harm them.

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Stabbath, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

My opinion? Fauns have loot too. Kill them all.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You don’t have to do a quest reset. There’s various things you can do to raise or lower your Virtue. Like give gold to the various beggars in towns, to raise Love. Kill Cultists to raise Courage etc....

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

There is an equal but opposite virtue effect from killing satyrs and fauns. Courage is one of the easiest virtues to control because of this.

And your original problem was a satyr that you could see but was in range of the fauns. When all the satyrs are gone, the fauns really do calm down.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Are you going by memory or have you actually fought any lately?

Edit: I just went to Broken Echoes Silver Mine and only killed every Satyr in the vicinity, and even with no Satyr around they continue to root you. I was even running around in non combat mode. I’m going to bug this.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

was running around mariah overlook for scrap halberds yesterday: if i killed satyrs out of sight or quickly enough that the fauns had not gotten into satyr-defense mode, the fauns left me alone. if they did start rooting/mezzing me, i had to get out of their range, but then they calmed down and i could come back and be in the area with them without further incident. it might be that they do calm down without me leaving the area, but it that it would take longer than i tried it.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah, what IS happening, is the enthralled state is not breaking after the satyr dies. The faun just keeps stunning/rooting you (IF they were assisting a satyr). They are stuck in the enthralled state. But yeah, if you do run away, and then return, then they are in the normal not enthralled state and just run away.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I would say it is not working as intended. Not sure if that is happening in every area where there are fauns but why have the situation if there is no reason to have it. Fauns are said to be virtue related yet if we do the virtuous thing and let them live they still plague us. That is a detail that is buggy imo.

edited

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.