Positive Question for you all

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by macnlos, Feb 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Thought of another, though may not be popular...

I think attenuation is complete and working mechanic. The reason I like it is it frees the scene design, at least from an XP point of view, from having to continually balance scenes against higher level players than the scene is designed for, steam rolling the content for excessive XP gains.

Regards
    Spung

Astirian and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  2. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

I like the lower level areas. There are a lot of them that are good to go to just to explore.
    Besides a few tweaks I think housing, vendors, POT's are done. Some things that could use work is definitely PvP, even though I don't do it. Fishing to be more like UO with treasure napm and such. Maybe after moving soon are in. A few other things need work.

BTW @macnlos since no one else has said it... "Can I have your stuff?" Just kidding of course. I'm going to miss seeing Elaina Strongbow around. Already do actually. I'll hang on to the bow I have of yours, maybe someday it'll be worth a million gold. :)

Gravidy likes this.
  3. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Oh, sorry, can't help you.

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

It's missing critical features such as COD. I'd definitely not mark it complete.

5. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

LOL... The only thing I’ll sell if I totally checkout is this EPS2 - PoT I’m on the hook for. As far as having stuff? I share it with you and others if it comes to that.

6. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

I think I'd pretty much call everything complete. It all works. There's still a lot I'd tweak if it was me, but I probably want to tweak different things from "you".

I love the deck system for example, it's essentially complete but it could be so much better and a massive draw to the game. Done well it could be the USP to make the gamer trulyviable.

Jason_M likes this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I agree about the deck. I am not putting down the game. I do play it everyday I can except when I have to leave town for a few months every summer to help with my mom. I as always rally for this game to get what it needs.

Imo We have to keep reminding of what is not yet in that will make a difference. It does not mean we don't have a lot of game to enjoy, it just lets the devs know to remind them of what is not yet satisfactory.

For example If we never get the ability to lock down some items to better use them that would be a shame. If we never get a decent achievement system in game that would be a shame and if we never get a raid system that allows you to heal and rez your group among other things it could be useful for like syncing a concert band etc that would be a shame too.

Then also we need more reasons to do things beyond the grind. These are not getting added in and that would be a shame to not get those details. Things such as progressive quests that build the more days you do them and more tools for player quests such as vendors and merchants or bulletin boards that give out those quests and maybe even rewards, And a better journal system that makes sense with the new quests.

So yes true the game is playable but it is missing too much to not bring it constantly up. I want only the best for this game but it needs to get some basics in and soon. Thanks for your love of the game and I have a lot of love for so much of it myself. I am working on a project in game of my own that I'm enjoying a lot.

Edited to clarify.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Boris Mondragon likes this.
  8. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

I think the housing and deco in this game is fantastic, and is the most complete portion of SotA. Allowing players to have POTs turned out to be a stroke of genius. I love the creativity it allows POT owners!

I like the deck system and the flexibility we have in mixing locked and unlocked slots on our combat bars.

I think agriculture is fun and has a lot of potential for getting even better. I've made a LOT of gold over the years selling raw cotton!

I like crafting in SotA. My main alt specializes in fine furniture, and I enjoy creating pieces to sell to players looking to decorate their homes.

On the negative side, the Quest system we have needs to be re-done immediately. Not in Ep. 2; immediately. The system we currently have in place is embarrassing and certainly chases away quest-oriented new players. When I started playing in Sept. 2015, I rage-quit this game several times. I kept coming back due to the enthusiasm from the developers, as conveyed in their weekly e-mails to backers. I'm glad I stuck with SotA. I wish more players did the same.

I also think the combat system is incomplete. Battles don't feel like battles; they feel like I'm pressing a button on my keyboard and some pixels on-screen are responding. There's no excitement, no thrill, and no feeling of actual combat.When I hit a Kobold on the head with a mace, I want to feel like I just hit a Kobold on the head WITH A MACE!!! I don't feel that way now.

Sound effects are in short supply in SotA. Many times, I can hear only the (excellent) music and not much else. Characters trudging through the swamp, fighting crocodiles, should have some sloshing sounds and some croc movement and roaring sounds. It would really help set the mood of the scene and add suspense and excitement.

Astirian, Jason_M, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  9. g04tn4d0

g04tn4d0 Avatar

Pensacola, Florida, Earth, Dimension C-137
    This thread is beginning to derail a little... So I guess I'll help it. I sure would love to see a mini-cinematic when using ships to sail from one dock to another.

10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

The somewhere near 1000 furniture items we can craft.

11. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

The most controversial but also most amazing feature (and I use the term loosely) is the flexibility: Almost any play style can find their niche in the game. This is a result of balancing out the skill mechanics, classlessness, brilliant deck system, and the variety of scenes to visit.

It is complete insofar as it is balanced for the current systems. But whether a balance is struck is truly in the eye of the beholder.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.