NullTrading.com is open for business

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by OxNull, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

Really great work, @OxNull

Tooltips would be awesome. One more request, with the 3 screens you can list, I can only put up about 50% of a fully stocked vendor. Anyway to bump it up to 6 screens per vendor? That is how many it takes to get my fully stocked 200/200 items vendors to include everything. If not, I can always break them into two vendors I suppose.

Thanks a lot, and keep up the great work!!!

OxNull likes this.
  2. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

Yes I can increase this those numbers .They were just a starting point and a hard cap just to control uploads so the server doesn't get flooded .
    Also you can "replinish" your items to add remaining items or to restock your vendor after it's been created. Just click the + button under the edit vendor . So you won't have to create another venodor.

Thanks for testing it again .Glad you got good results for the scans!

3. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

So made a lot of updates making the site have more user features that will be helpful.

First, be sure to crop your images following this visual guide
    [​IMG]

If your crop looks something like this, you will get bad results most likely.
    [​IMG]

I have hooked up a messaging system so that users will be able to contact vendors and keep track of their item inquires. To keep track of your active messages, check out the "Item Messags" menu button. If you have any replies there will be a notification with the amount of replies you have.
    [​IMG]

You can also delete your message if you no longer care to continue the inquiry and your message will be deleted and assigned NULL
    [​IMG]

If you are the owner of a vendor, you can keep track of your messages from your User Profile page. If a user deleted a message like above, you can erase the user messages from your items to keep them as clean as you want; or if you just want to erase the message anyway, as vendor owner you have control of the messages to your vendor. The amount of messages your vendors have will be shown with notifications on the vendor.
    [​IMG]

And lastly, I did testing on the tooltips and I cannot discover the bug that I was experiencing before. I encourage users to try out the tooltip functionality. If an item has a tooltip it can be viewed by holding shift (or any other key) and hovering over the item.

EDIT: If you want to try out Null Trading without having to register an account yet, use the test2 user accout.
    username: test2
    password: 1
    Feel free to explore the functionality of the site and see if Null Trading could be useful to you.

Thank you and happy trading
    Ox

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    thradia and Jaesun like this.
  4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Great looking site! Can you please enable encryption (https) with your site as well? You should be able to get a free cert from Let's Encrypt.

OxNull likes this.
  5. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

Yes definitely! That is on my short list of things to hook up .
    Thanks for checking out Null Trading

EDIT: @Mishikal you are free to trade securely at Null Trading. I didnt want to go too much longer with an insecure network because thats not good for trading, so I just got it out of the way this morning.

Just bringing this up again in case its missed from previous edits.
    If you want to test out the functionality of the site before registering an account you can do so with the username: test2 and password: 1

Happy Trading,
    Ox

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Katu likes this.
  6. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

Good day everyone. I added a new NPC vendor to nulltrading.com/npc If you would like a NPC posted or if I missed an important one or any of the NPC vendors be it Crown Merch, Public Vendors, NPC are outdated please let me know and I will update it.
    By the end of the weekend it would be nice if I had a system in place for keeping NPC vendors up to date with new updates, but for now I will keep the current list updated at each release.

- Nulltrading.com/npc
    ----- Agriculture Seeds (Vertas), (Resolute), (Owl's Head), (Owl's Head), (Owl's Head), (Kingsport), (Jaanaford), (Etceter), (Etceter), (Central Brittany), (Central Brittany), (Celestis), (Ardoris)
    ----- Alchemist Recipes (Ardoris)
    ----- Baker (General Novia)
    ----- Blacksmith Recipes (Soltown), (Resolute), (Brittany Alleys)
    ----- Bookseller (Soltown), (Etceter)
    ----- Butcher (General Novia)
    ----- Carpentry Recipes (Owls Head), (Ardoris)
    ----- Housing Deco & Recipes (Resolute), (Owl's Head), (Harvest), (Etceter), (Central Brittany), (Ardoris), (Aerie)
    ----- Tailoring Recipes (Ardoris)

Happy Trading,
    Ox

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Mishikal likes this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@OxNull For crafting recipes, make sure you get either Northwood or Fotus End, as these have unique recipes not found elsewhere. Westend may have unique ones as well (not sure, they may match harvest/estgard).

Jaesun and OxNull like this.
  8. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

Good day everyone.
    So I've made some updates to Null Trading.

First, I reduced the image size to improve loading times for vendors that have a lot of items. Without the optimization an item image could be close to 20KB, now they are around a more reasonable 3-5KB. Ill still be looking at ways to improve efficiency and performance due to the amount of items that a vendor can hold. Current users will have to update their inventory vendors to have the optimized images.

Second, NPC vendors are now able to be marked outdated, this will help me manage vendors if I miss
    something in a release. NPC vendors will be expanded to a point where if users want to help keep vendors up to date or create new npc vendors they will be able to. In the near future, something like allowing a user to upload an updated screenshot, and an admin can update that vendor. But for the moment it is just a basic implementation to separate NPC vendors from player vendors.
    [​IMG]

Third, I added a settings page for users to manage any settings they might have. Right now you can change your current theme. I added 3 new background images and added a blue and green color scheme. The color schemes are mostly just placeholders until I have an actual fleshed out design. It is for users that do not favor the black and grey look everywhere. I personally really like the waterfall background and might make it the default. If any other users have a background scenery that they would not mind sharing for users to user at Null Trading, I would like to see them. SotA has a lot of good angels if you catch them at the right time of day. The other setting if you choose, is to enable currency conversion on items that have been properly scanned. Which is just a way to see what an item might be worth if it was converted to some other currency. Its just another way to measure numbers; you do not have to enable it. Check the source code on the vendor page you are viewing and it will show the current conversion; which is based on $5 = 4 cotos and 1 coto = 3500g.
    function convertGoldToUSD(gold){
    var goldPerDollar = 2800;
    var conversion = Math.ceil((gold/goldPerDollar) * 100) / 100;
    return conversion.toFixed(2);
    }
    function convertUSDToEuro(usd){
    var EuroToUsd = .862;
    var conversion = Math.ceil((EuroToUsd * usd) * 100) / 100
    return conversion.toFixed(2);
    }
    function convertUSDtoBTC(usd){
    var BTCtoUSD = 6696.880883;
    var conversion = ((usd / BTCtoUSD ) * 100) / 100;
    return conversion.toFixed(8);
    }
    function convertUSDtoETH(usd){
    var ETHtoUSD = 282.647993;
    var conversion = ((usd / ETHtoUSD ) * 100) / 100;
    return conversion.toFixed(8);
    [​IMG]
    Other settings will also appear on this page as needed. I would add an email part, but until I have the password recovery in place emails are not needed. Also the ability to update your shown user handle . Not your login name, but the one users would see if they saw your name in messages or anywhere that is not a link to your profile page.

Alas, more features and improvements will be added over time.
    Happy Trading,
    Ox

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    Jaesun likes this.
  9. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

Good day everyone,
    I have another update for Null Trading.

First, and I think most importantly I am now offering a service where I will run to your vendors and upload them to Null Trading so that other users are able to search and find your items. Every day users are using the search tool to look for items and the more vendors the more selection for items.

How this new service works is you purchase a Null Trading Coin Voucher with in game gold from nulltrading.com/oxnull in Novia Market.

Once you have your key, you enter it in your user settings page
    [​IMG]

Then create a empty vendor that has the vendor name and location with the sotamap location attached (So I know where to look). Mark your vendor when you want it to be serviced. And within 24 hrs I will update your vendor for you.
    [​IMG]

I hope that this new service that is being offered will help others that dont want to deal with having to upload the their vendors all the time and it will help me with server costs.
    Here are more details of what the voucher looks like and also what you get with the coins.
    [​IMG]
    If you have no active null coins the bell will be crossed out, activate null coins to have the service available to you.
    [​IMG]

One last thing on the Null Coins, everyone who registered a user since the site launched received two free Null Coins, theses should already be in your accounts and can be activated when you want to use them. They last for 30 days once activated. Also, this first batch of Coin Vouchers in Novia Market are 40% off their normal price, once theses are sold each Coin Voucher will be 25,000 gold for 30 days of service for two vendors.

And the last update, I added for the ability to place buy orders on your vendors. When you go to replenish your items, you know have the option to make the items you upload "Buy Orders" by checking the correct box.
    [​IMG]

Also added a visual to show when a vendor was last updated.

It was suggestion to have a Featured Vendor page, I will be working on this in the coming updates. I am thinking that it would be based on people searching items and your items being most common in the results and also vendor visit rates.

I will continue to improve the features of Null Trading to offer better features to the traders and shoppers of Novia.

Thank you, and happy trading all
    -ox

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    Vladamir Begemot, CICI and Mishikal like this.
  10. CICI

CICI Avatar

Very useful to use on discord/forums :)

OxNull likes this.
  11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'm having trouble getting it to display the entire inventory of a single vendor (200 items).

It cuts the inventory off at about 3/4 of the way down. I did crop, and zooming in on the preview area (very tiny for some reason on my screen) I see the green bottom bar is on Wooden Hot Tub, as it should be.

But when I look at the vendor on the site, it stops at "Tall Little Stone Wall".

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

OxNull likes this.
  12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

IIRC, you can use multiple screenshots, which is what I've done before to get around this. Sometimes the cropping is difficult if you have an item with a long name as well.

OxNull and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I did that too, it still ends at the same item.

Mishikal likes this.
  14. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

Good day Vladamir, thank you for your interests in Null Trading.

Are you using multiple images from different scroll locations from your vendor? Or one big image with all your items in?

You defiantly should be able to upload far more than 200 items per vendor if you would like. The cropping procedure is a bit particular at the moment to get the best of results, but if you follow the same procedures for every crop it does not matter how many items that you have you should get good results.

So this is the steps you should take one by one to get the best crop and scan.

(this image gives a little visualization to summarize theses steps https://www.nulltrading.com/images/good-crop.png)

1) Align the first item centered to the top green box. The width should be the width of the "Item Icon" and the "Item Date".
    It is best the align from the left edge, getting next to the item icon like so
    [​IMG]
    for icons that do not take up the full 10x10 area Imagin a 10x10 box where the icon goes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It is best to see this alignment by looking at items that use the full 10x10 box and use that item as the boundary point.
    So in this example, I would align to the Mounted Death Bunny Icon on its left side, not to the left side of the gloves or raffle ticket.

2) As from the good-grop.png example above, the last step is to align the last item. This is the most important step to get good results. You have to ignore your intuition to align the bottom box to the last item centered just like the top item... What you actually have to do is align the top of the last item box to the top of the last item name. Refer to this image https://www.nulltrading.com/images/good-crop.png
    If you do not do this, this is what causes missing last items and also items that become chopped in half which cause them not to get a proper scan.
    [​IMG]

So align first item as you would think you should to the left of the item icon and centered to first item. And then for the last item you want to over shoot a little bit and align the top of the last green item bar to the top of the last item text name.
    If you follow those steps, you should, hopefully, get consistent results no matter how many images you choose to add.

Also, I will be releasing a visual guide to this process to make it easier to understand until the process is more friendly, hopefully the next day or two. There are some tricks to make scanning hundreds of items more manageable, but to relay it in text form might not be the easiest. So video soon to summarize the whole process because I know the current state can cause you to scratch your head a little to understand if its working correctly or not.

Sorry for the inconveniences
    Ox

15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Thanks for all the info. I'm not getting the green bar though. And when I try to upload a 200 item list the preview image gets super tiny.

I'm on Chrome, maybe that's the problem?

OxNull and Mishikal like this.
  16. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

Very interesting. Could you share a screenshot of the browser window of what you're seeing? Either here or a personal message. The website should function properly with Firefox, chrome, edge browsers.

17. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Sure. It starts shrinking horizontally at 30 items.

[​IMG]

OxNull likes this.
  18. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

Aye this is what I expected. So when you are organize all your items in a single image since it is very large vertical it messes with the size proportions that I have setup to be viewed. So the "Preview area" is what shows the green bar. To help alleviate this issue I can add the green guide bars to the crop window too.

But yes, with the example above you would get the results you are getting because displaying two image windows, the preview window is the one that dynamically changes size based on size.

The preview area deals with lot of proportions it has to keep so this is why it is really small because it has to keep the proportions I have set while accompanying a large image.

I will work on fixing this to allow users who choose to upload their image in one upload by using item sheets.
    The same techniques as above still apply you just don't have bars as guides so on the last item overshoot the alignment a few pixels to make sure you grab the last item in the algorithm.

I've uploaded item sheets like this before successfully, it's just difficult without the green bar guides.

Thanks for the user feedback.
    Ox

19. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

This isn't really the problem I think, though.

I just tried again, when I do the crop and click preview I can see it full size by zooming, it has all of the items on it.

When I the click the green button, the vendor doesn't match what the preview showed, it cuts off the last 20 items.

So somewhere between preview and finished I'm losing 20 items.

OxNull likes this.
  20. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

Ok then I'll definitely do more digging. Could you post your item sheet to a imgur link so I can mess around with the inventory you are trying to upload. I will try it later today when I'm back home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.