1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 63 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

Almost as good as a pendulum... almost...
    [​IMG]

Mishikal, Glepo and Jaesun like this.
  2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Too much buhuhu in this topic.
    More yeah needed!
    Good work port!

3. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

If I am a Pvper and want to develope my character to compete in pvp I MUST do pve for xp, and have to gather material and Leveling crafting skill for have my gear. Since i love the economy in games instead to complain in every post about that, I buy stuffs from other players. Is that a big problem for you to buy it from another player? You can always have another room instead of the one of a pvp zone.
    P.S. I can't choose to don't buy equip

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  4. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

No players who dont want to go Fall, should buy it from another player, NOT NPC its base of the player-driven economy...

Black Tortoise, Elwyn and Dhanas like this.
  5. Promiscuity

Promiscuity Avatar

We will see very soon how they implement this however to put an item (totem), that upgrades all the Lich rooms (not just the Fall room) , into a PVP zone isn't right and a poor design decision IMO.

6. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Who said that, when one place the totem, in a dungeon room it is switched to PvP?. At least at the QA one has to set the dungeon to PvP or not on the entrance. The totem changed nothing.

7. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I am not sure if the totem is in a pvp zone, from what i read in release note liches should drop that. Liches are everywhere.

Elwyn likes this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

lich skulls are from liches anywhere. the totem specifically says it's in the fall

Mishikal and Dhanas like this.
  9. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

If it is for every room and not just for the "the fall" room is just a bad choice

10. Promiscuity

Promiscuity Avatar

You misunderstood my post, not saying you are forced to turn your dungeon into a PVP zone, I am saying the component to upgrade your dungeon appears to only drop in a PVP zone.

11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

It is ONE component. It is THE FIRST component of many to follow. The components will probably drop EVERYWHERE (high level) in the end.
    This whole QQ here is a big drama about something that is basically a non issue.
    Is it a stupid idea to let the proof of concept items drop in a PvP zone? Yeah sure. Is it worth this artifical drama here? Hell no!

12. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I'll have to get the bicorn pirate hat, since I was lucky enough to watch Scottie making the texture for it after the R62 monthly stream. I think I learned a couple of Photoshop tricks too.

13. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Yes it is.... It is still forced PVP if I cannot get it myself without having to wait for others for it.... or pay for it thru others, THIS is 1 reason , just 1 of the reasons I have stopped playing the game.... seems all the good stuff goes to pvp.... not fun jmho so disappointed, I was all excited at least about the dungeon encounters, NOW I am not...

Cage Storm, Albus and kaeshiva like this.
  14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

In this case: let it go.

Argh lol. I have no idea which game you have played before you left. But rest assured, it wasn't SotA.

15. Promiscuity

Promiscuity Avatar

I simply pointed out that I didn't like a design decision, hopefully they will change it. But lets be honest, if it is a PVP only drop for the first release or so PVP players will heavily profit from this design decision.

kaeshiva and Chatele like this.
  16. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

This is not the same for us who prefer to get it ourselves without having to go pvp for the damn thing.... you just don't get it.... I am a solo non PVP player, who gets joyment out of doing things myself and adventuring, exploring .... it's more fulfilling for me …. I bought the dungeon and some dungeon rooms from the store was looking forward to getting the encounters for it, HAD no idea they were going to put them in pvp zones or for that matter drops from bosses., IF I KNEW THIS, I WOULD NEVER HAVE INVESTED IN IT ... this sucks …. nuf said. Have fun all ...

Cage Storm, majoria70, Albus and 4 others like this.
  17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

As i said: it wasn't the smartest choice.
    What annoys me most about is that they are building a flame bait by themselves without any need to do so.
    Would have been easy to avoid.

18. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

How to solve the PVP problem for me at least. Implement a Karma system. People need to feel the pain if they are ganking/griefing others.

I'm not saying it will make everybody happy. However some kind of bounty / karma system I think would go a LONG way. Generally it's one of the main reasons I avoid PVP area's myself. No balance.

19. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Alredy replyed above

CAn you get my point instead? I don't want to farm in private instances, I want to compete with the others but I cannot, also I want to play PVP and PVE and don't want to level up my crafting skills to craft my gear. Am I complaining about that? No, I am buying crafted gear from other player, and they are happy cause they decided to be crafters, as I decided to be a PVP and PVE player and as you decided to be a solo non PVP player.

You are not forced to have the " The Fall room" in your dungeon, there are many others blueprints/rooms around, they just implemented the "The fall" one first, but I am pretty sure they will put realy soon totem for the others room too. You just have to wait like I am still waiting for castle sieges from June 2018, and like crafter are waiting from crafting specializations from a long time.

20. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

I SPECIFICALLY Brought this to their attention on QA. I also PERSONALLY PM'd Chris to tell him, and also mention he needed a lower level encounter room that more players can actively participate in. Not only is the community going to balk at this, it will appear on the MMO Sites and they will rip the game (again), this time for placing content behind a PvP wall. Never, ever pigeon hole content to one type of play.

I can only hope they heard this loud and clear and are planning on making a patch to address it in the coming days. I trust they will. :D I understand how the development of this went in, and how Chris was on vacation at the time. FYI - It was SUPPOSED to be Ravensmoore

NOTE: The issue is not putting one TYPE of room behind a PvP wall, that is fine, but putting the ONLY spawning room there..... thats the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.