Goodbye SotA, thanks for the time spent together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antrax Artek, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

I have nothing against the dance parties and I personally don't believe Starr is spending a huge amount of time. What I said was referring to the "perception" of the post. Perception is reality, especially when people are frustrated. I'm not lost Alleine, I know exactly what I'm saying and what I'm feeling and exactly what you were pointing out. And just in case you didn't know it, I'm not a hard core PvP person. I like to explore, I like PvE and I like crafting. What I'm not fan of is the lack of PvP or danger while doing those things. Anyway, I'm going to bow out of this one, evidently what I'm trying to communicate is not making its way through. My apologies.

2. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

It made through just fine now :)

I agree with @Antrax Artek and you @macnlos that pvp support is lacking. I also agree that a variety of events for stress testing would be far more entertaining and DJ @DarkStarr would do well MC'ing those events, I'm sure.

3. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

There is something that stop me to PVP during a dance party, it is an incredible lag, also usualy dance party are hosted in place over-decorated, impossible to play PVP for me in place like that, I play with around 5-6 FPS, not good at all for PVP.

Also I want to add, when I see the announcement in game about dance parties, I don't see "Stress test, come everyone to test things!" I just see " The new release dance party today, Darkstar DJ etc".

When they called us on past for test stuffs ( I remember when they spawned stuffs in Ordiris Mortis) I was there, never missed one.

Another thing I want to say is, after 4 years of dance parties, I think the performance are tested enough, I mean, last time I went to a dance party, without fighting of course, I didn't have too much lag, was fine for me. What they need to STRESS TEST is lot of people in a map fighting mobs and other players, so definitely a dance party is not the right event to test it.

I think we can get rid now of the stress test excuse.

I want to be clear @Alleine Dragonfyre , I have nothing vs dance parties and your playstyle, I am happy that this game has lot of different people with different playstyle, and everyone enjoys different things, what I am saying is: Is this a dance game? If it was a dance game I was fine advertising and attending just this, but since I hope this is not a dance a game, they should take care of every kind of event, I don't have to poke them in forum/discord etc. Isn't enough an official post on forum and a private message with the link to the post?

Realy Allenie, every official dance party have you to pm darkstarr on discord/forum and everything before he listens to you? ( I am not trying to be agressive, it's just a question)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  4. Alleine Dragonfyre

Um... I don't understand your question about Darkstarr.

Lag during a release party? Yeah, that's the data they're looking for so they can fix it. They also spawn mobs and test new systems as well. Are you going to cry if they have an event more in your taste and there's lag then too? Because that's what they're doing, they're trying to break things.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  5. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

[QUOTE="Dhanas, post: 1212769, member: 189254"Realy Allenie, every official dance party have you to pm darkstarr on discord/forum and everything before he listens to you? ( I am not trying to be agressive, it's just a question)[/QUOTE]

Actually I *Can* answer this very easily and the answer is YES!

Yes we DO need to message Starr every month to be sure the party is happening, what day it is happening, what time.. Sometimes they are so busy they need to push it off a week or have it earlier... Sometimes our schedules conflict and things need to be shuffled... They are a very busy team.. trying to do so many things..

Infact, because he is so busy, . Sometimes we need to message multiple times.. In fact this time round I sent Discord, Facebook, AND email .. just to make sure that we were getting the party on the day it was supposed to be on and what time it was supposed to be on and even then we did not get a response until Tuesday? And we should have had everything posted BEFORE Monday...

They are busy with things that they do to make this game what it is and what it will be in the future.. But the answer is 100% definite YES... we do need to do that... How do I know? .... Who do you think does the messaging? Right... Me! Because I own the station that is being utilized!

And I am thankful for it, I do not mind it because I understand how busy they are with everything else. I understand that they have a million and a half things to do and only a handful of them to do it. I understand that a little understanding and patience goes a long way.

So yes, even the stress test, which I am sorry, there is never an end to needing to stress test things, needs to be messaged and co-ordinated and made sure it happens. And they do not have the time to do that either, they are working on a game we can all call home. So... *I* do that.

Co-ordinate with the hosts, Co-ordinate with Portalarium, make sure the schedule is set, make sure the venue is ready. I do all of that.. and then I message everyone to make sure it is all happening. Sometimes, repeatedly.... Just as I am saying needs to be done if others want an event... And I have not complained about it , not even once, in 5 years... nor will I ever. I am thankful that it is even a thing.

Someone point me in the direction of ANY OTHER game where you would get even half of the attention from the development team that we get from the Port team? I can name one, but it was years ago, since then... I can't name any.

Mhtic, Caernarvon, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
  6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I am not sure you tagged the right person here. I don't care about the dance party's at all. In a positive way. Live and let live.
    I just wish the mob would give pvpers the same courtesy. And from my point of view this isn't about player made event's (which I don't care about the same way I don't care about dance partys) but about missing fun mechanics for PvP.
    One bitter vet statement in the end non the less: PvP is an important part as a mechanic of pretty much every mmoish Game. A dance party, a theatre troupe and what not are all player run events. To me that's something very different and comparing those things is comparing apples and oranges.

7. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I am speculating since I do not have any inside knowledge, but this is the way it seems to me:

There seems to be more and more "core" players leaving SOTA (by "core" players I mean those who have been around for a relatively long time and who were dedicated to playing, promoting, and/or improving the game).
    This is very sad. I believe that the "core" players are (and were) a major reason why this game has been viable.

Thank you Antrax, and thank you to all the other players who have helped enhance this game and enrich this community! Your efforts are appreciated.

They need somebody who can filter through all the bugs, suggestions, wishlist items, and constructive criticism. It amazes me how many bug reports are are never responded to, and have to be repeated over-and-over.
    It also amazes me how unfamiliar the developers seem to be with the great suggestions and feedback in the forums, and I think this is likely because they do not have anybody who can processes the input from the ENTIRE community, and filter it into a concise summary that the overloaded developers can more easily digest. I believe Portalarium is missing a lot of great opportunities to dramatically improve the game when much of the valuable community feedback is simply not paid any attention (and not paying attention disenchants many players because their efforts seem ignored and wasted).

I also wish SOTA all the success in the world, but over time, I have lost much of my zeal for the game in part because of same reasons that Antrax conveyed.
    I will still play SOTA as long as I find it entertaining. Hopefully Portalarium will see the light before they lose even more of the "core" players.

Sad to see you go Antrax. But I wish you all the best.

Antrax Artek, Feeyo, Jaesun and 5 others like this.
  8. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Let’s remember two things folks, first of all we are trying to either say goodbye or in my case retain one of the best PVPers SOTA ever had.

We have many diverse groups here such as Socialites, Deco and crafting, strict PVE, role players, and PVPers. My apologies if I left your style out. The bottom line is all these above mentioned groups are 1 SOTA community period. If we leave one of these groups out and ignore their needs and desires we lose more people and risk having the game fail.

I fall in all the groups and along with @CatherineRose are trying to get every town/city involved in Rp/PVE/Pvp to get the community together. Want to have a social event after the war? Sure, let’s do it. But we need the support of the Devs.

Do I have the ears of the Devs? Nope, I am just a pirate with an imagination and idea for all of us to do what we do best. Let’s pull together instead of tearing us apart. Let’s encourage those that left to come back and make this game EPIC!!!!

R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever.

Mhtic, Vyrin, Winfield and 7 others like this.
  9. Boo Ladedada

Boo Ladedada Avatar

Think we only chatted a few times Antrex. It is Disheartening to see Influencers leaving the game or taking a Break. Hope to see you back one day fighting the fight for the Pvper's. Wish you the best in whatever game or Venture you undertake. I'm sure you will be an influencer in them as well.

Take care
    Jeb (Boo) Ladedada

Antrax Artek and Boris Mondragon like this.
  10. stefania1988

stefania1988 Avatar

Best PvPr ingame, Be safe man and come back soon :)

11. eagell

eagell Avatar

it's sad to c you living gl friend:(

12. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Be well, Antrax. Thanks for taking pity on me in Blood Bay. You will be missed. :)

Boris Mondragon and Antrax Artek like this.
  13. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

Take care brother! Hope to see you soon!

14. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Well ...

The feeling of not being heard, at least supposedly, is well known to many in this community.
    It is the point where we either leave the scene out of frustration or realize that our expectations can not be met (now - or so fast).

There is also the point where, in a certain way, we have simply become "tired" of spraying our energy, our enthusiasm, because we do not believe it to be recognized.

The truth should be somewhere in between.

Also, I had a point where I thought it was "unbelievable" that despite all these feedback (supposedly) nothing was changed.

And last but not least, there are sometimes purely private moments that have nothing to do with the game, but claim us so that we can not pay attention to the game ... at least for a while;)

Often it is a bit of everything that invokes people back to Mother Earth so as not to neglect our lives in general ...

Antrax: Thank you for your always fair and constructive comments and that you still found the time to help others!
    (Even if you are busy with many things, you have found time to pause and pay attention to my project - thank you!).

See you later, Alligator :)

15. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Thank you all for the nice messages you have written here, in pm and on discord.
    After half month, after your efforts to pull me back again i decided to give a 2nd chance to SotA for one more month :)
    So i'm back for now even if not definitively, we'll see how things evolve.

Cheers!

Antrax

16. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Glad our efforts paid off and we are keeping you on board for at least a while longer. Hoping for an April battle as we speak. Once the optional POT “no loot” option kicks in we may just see a large influx of PVP players come on board.

Next step is to increase the size of PvP parties from 8 to 24 or more to have monthly epic battles while avoiding friendly fire.

R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever

17. Alleine Dragonfyre

That's good news.

My brother-in-law always moved whenever he got the urge for a new environment. He did this for years and years. One day I asked him wouldn't it just be easier to take a vacation? He said that never occurred to him. He's been in the same place for years now.

I make the same suggestions to people in video games that wish to quit. Wouldn't it be better just to take a break than to quit all together? Take a vacation like the rest of us do and play other games! Then come back.

18. Arturius Magnus

Arturius Magnus Avatar

Thing is, what are you expecting to change in just a month?

Glad to see you are back!

19. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Well i hope will be enough to understand what the future direction will be

Arturius Magnus likes this.
  20. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Obsidian Trials got a bug fix and we've got ransom free POTs now. That's 2x change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.