Signed Copy Frustration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Superbitsandbob, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

I've been waiting 5 months now for my signed copy of the game. Is this normal and is anyone else having the same problem? I have also contacted support about it via email but no response. @Portalarium

2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I don't know if you've heard, but they already had low staffing, and the person who was doing a lot of getting the remaining boxes left a couple of months ago. And now they've had to leave their office rather suddenly due to a significant rent increase. So not only are they short of people to get the remaining boxes sent out, they also have a backlog in customer support, and no office to work from.

arcdevil, Bom, Floors and 2 others like this.
  3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I waited roughly half a year +/-
    I know that isn't going to help you much (didn't help me much at least) but it is really worth the wait imo.

Bom, Net, Cordelayne and 2 others like this.
  4. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

Ah roger thanks for the heads-up.

5. Lained

Lained Avatar

They've just hired a new customer support who is currently working through the back log.

6. Isidorius

Isidorius Avatar

I'm in a similar, but different, boat.. in that, I was supposed to get a signed copy, but got an unsigned one instead. My understanding is that my copy was missing a signed "sticker".. but email to CS last year indicated they would rectify that for me. And still have not (and no longer respond to queries).

I'm obviously concerned that after all this time, they have no intention or ability to actually make good on the physical rewards they haven't already sent out. Which leaves a pretty bad taste in one's mouth..

7. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I bought my pledge in 2014 and I’m still waiting :).

(Willing to take digital items instead)- but I can wait

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    arcdevil and Bom like this.
  8. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

This is sad and it should be embarrassing for these people to even talk about anything else. The kickstarter is not complete until they deliver what they promised. I received mine promptly and I literally backed on day 1 or 2 as a Citizen. I'm so disheartened with these people and this game, I just stuck the unopened package in a box with other basement junk and buried it.

arcdevil, Bom, Fellwin and 3 others like this.
  9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

What considered to be a signed copy? Is there supposed to be signature on the box? I still have mine wrapped, but now I wonder if I should open and check it.

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin and Bom like this.
  10. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Such drama.......seriously

Manerd and Elwyn like this.
  11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

ehh to be honest I don't see "the drama" a couple people expected faster delivery its really not a big deal don't make it one. It has been a LONG time and there is some understanding as to why small team layoffs people leaving on their own accord etc etc etc

most people get it and don't really care, calling out the few that voice frustrations is just as sad imop. Don’t create toxcisity maybe show some compassion.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  12. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I received my box long ago, and am just mind boggled that this remains an issue.

Shipping 400 boxes should not be an issue if the 400 boxes already existed. Fedex and UPS will pick up.

13. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

Mine was a bought one of the signed box copy for $99 from the store 5 months ago rather than as part of a pledge. 5 months seems over the top to get RG to sign a copy and stick a stamp on a package but if people who pledged years ago are still waiting then I guess, well, I don't know. :D

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin and Bom like this.
  14. Thxforthememories

Thxforthememories Avatar

It’s too bad you didn’t buy it in late January, you could have received your signed box in 48 hours and gotten a picture of Atos’ dog. But since you purchased it five months ago that 48 hour shipping does not apply - sorry, maybe you’ll get it by summer.

Chris Spears: Testing, bugs, Server work, breaking 2 of our 9 servers, tomorrow I'll be going to fix 2 servers... Also, for anyone who actually reads this stuff, I am now going to be doing shipping. Order one of the signed boxes today and I'll throw in a personal thank you note and a picture of YOUR box with Mojito! (Yes, really! and I'll ship it within 48 hours)

15. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Seriously... yes.

16. Isidorius

Isidorius Avatar

It's not even clear to me.. it's either supposed to be the box, or a manual inside. But the signed thing is a sticker slapped on whatever the item is. And for me, that's missing.

I pledged $250 in 2013 or so.. got the box last fall, and have been waiting since for them to fix the error.

17. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

The one who needed to sign was Richard... (The rest of the Team, have been doing the best they can to dispatch the boxed /& signed editions)
    It seems kinda wrong to me, that Richard signing the pledge boxes, hasn't been his main priority in his involvement with Shroud.

18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Nope I updated on day one 2 of my 3 accounts got their box this account here did not. But the physical rewards is not why I bought my pledge so idc. If portal wants to send me digital items they can resell mine :)

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  19. Thxforthememories

Thxforthememories Avatar

That is a big assumption, and thanks for reminding those who have not received all of our goods that others did receive them with some sort of priority over others, and how to watch said others with the things we are still missing. To remind everyone, missing 10% of fulfillment for approaching 9 months is not actually a positive.

arcdevil, Bom, Gorthyn and 5 others like this.
  20. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

Yep!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.