Banned from Universal for liking pvp and not apoligizing for it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raistlin77, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Hehe so you called someone a carebare and got banned for it? I expected a post like that much earlier tbh. Took ages. In other games carebare is a almost loving term for the pve supporters of the pvp player's. Here it's an insult. You will get used to it ^^

MrBlight, Boris Mondragon and Elrond like this.
  2. Raistlin77

Raistlin77 Avatar

Im just a little on edge you know? I wondered why you were trolling me, Yes I know the issue isnt with the organizers, I think I focused way too much on that and wasnt clear that there are 2 bans, the accidental kick @The event witch is actually kind of funny now that i think about it, and the shadow ban.

Anyway sorry man, I think its time for me to stop posting NOW Im toxic AF LOL my bad, Im gonna sleep on it but I think Im done anyway Ill send you my crowns if I do leave you can have my stuff :D

3. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

I read this thread and I be like:

4. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

PvP should definitely be allowed at Release Parties. These should be all-inclusive events.

Don't disrupt a parade though. I mean, logic, you know.

Boris Mondragon and Mac2 like this.
  5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Maybe we can just delete "carebare" from the no fly list. It's not like it is very insulting anyway. I said much worse stuff in chats to people, trust me ^^

6. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

Isn't it almost anti sandbox when someone say's "I'm going to do this" and arrange a parade, and then someone say's "I'm going to the parade to cause problems" and gets banned. That's life and kind of the point of a sandbox. The better way of handling it would have been some PvP to remove the troublemakers from the road, some kind of roleplay enforcement before just banning them which could then have been seen as chucking them in the cells for a cooling off period. I understand the idea of the parade may not have been PvP but it's supposed to be a sandbox where anything can happen.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  7. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

1) Devs ban you from chat for Carebears ?, its very bad, because many players SPAM universe chat with their shitty bad selling offers, and they continue making this(we all know them) and not getting ban, if Atos need names I will easily provide them.
    2) Pls dont connect kick+ban from the town and ban in world chat. Governor can kick anybody from his city, and it is good.
    3) Take it easy, Black Sails saga event will be soon, and it should be cool.

8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

It is well established that some people can only have fun by ruining something for others, in this case, being disruptive and putting oneself in the way of the parade event. This was not unanticipated by the event planners, but, since we don't have "police barriers" or any way within game tech to designate an area as no-entry to troublemakers, it created a bit of a quandary. We thought about walling off the route, but dedicated disrupters always "find a way" and this would have just made life more difficult for the people who were actually part of the event.

The bans had nothing to do with PvP. There was loads of PvP going on before the parade started, and there were a lot of "?" in the scene even after the people-in-the-road were banned. Not all PvP flagged people got banned. Not all banned people were PvP flagged. The bans lasted a very short time until the disruptable part of the event was over after which everyone was welcome to come PvP all over the dance floor, or whatever. Honestly, with the amount of complaining that I see from the PvP side about "dance parties" I can't fathom why they would even want to attend an event like this (other than to be disruptive) but no one was excluded for being PvP.

And yeah, it is a sandbox? And if this had taken place in an adventure scene or an NPC town, then there's no jurisdiction. This happened in a player run town on a player owned lot and the owner of those things has ban rights for a reason. Its sad that my biggest lesson learned from this event is that 10 "ban slots" is not enough.

Some people go through a lot of effort to plan a nice event for the community and here we are on the forum with people defending their right to crap all over it. Seriously? And we can say sure, yep, you have every right to come act like poorly behaved children, the game lets you do it! Game also has ban features, the use of which should have been fully anticipated.

The chat censorship is a separate issue, but one that only came about due to the whining about being banned from the event in universe chat by people who came to the event with the express intent of causing disruption and publicly encouraged others to do so. That is outside player jurisdiction and that issue should be taken up with support directly.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  9. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

many of you have not realized that none of those who have been accused of having distrupt the event had idea of the parade --- above all that the great majority of these people do not speak english including me that I can understand and write only thanks to an online translator from german to english ))
    no one was willing to ruin the parade from what I saw but everyone had the goal of bringing some pvp to the dance party --- it seems more that this parade was a good excuse at the right time )

10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Nice try, but some people explicitly stated in universe chat they they came deliberately with the simple intent to "ruin the party."
    Not saying that is why everyone was there, but at least in the case of some, it was absolutely premeditated.
    Saying "no one was willing to ruin the parade" is outright false and there are chat logs to substantiate that.

I appreciate that there are language barrier issues, and the fact that it was said repeatedly in multiple ways to please vacate the road (local, zone chat, pets named to that effect, on the radio) wouldn't help if you didn't understand, but the fact that the road was mostly clear, that most people were standing on the sides of the road, and that there were floats in the road going down it, should have given a bit of contextual clue.

If you just wanted to "bring PvP" no one objected to that, PvP was happening for quite a while before the parade started, and nobody was banned until people (some flagged, some not) stood in the way and prevented the event from proceeding. Nobody stayed banned after that portion was over. It was simply crowd control.

Elwyn, Mac2 and Synergy Blaize like this.
  11. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

You might be confusing sandbox with anarchy. Our real world is also a sandbox, and socially disruptive behavior is also dealt with in a similar way.

I don't see any problem with how these events were reported. Warnings and guidelinea were established and enforced. For those who don't understand English well enough to have abided the warnings... well, miscommunications happen. I've spent most of my adult life living places where the dominant language is incomprehensible to me, and I can say these things do happen. I got man-handled by a police officer once who was apparently blocking off a part of a plaza where he didn't want people walking. I was just not paying attention and there was no harm or hurt feelings.

Elwyn, Synergy Blaize and kaeshiva like this.
  12. Ashendie

Ashendie Avatar

This really was shocking watching this happen yesterday. It is pretty simple... It was a community event in a PLAYER owned town. People started PvPing in the road where the event was taking place disrupting the whole thing and after several warnings ( which they shouldn't of needed to be told to move ) they got banned from it. To see the crying etc in universal chat was beyond pathetic. It's the first time I've seen people act like they did in this game since I started playing a year ago.

As it is a player run town and event the Town owner is free to ban, kick whoever they want for whatever reason and don't need an excuse. Many player events in this game and others operate on simple rules, one being "Don't be an idiot" when you break that rule you shouldn't be surprised getting kicked or banned.

I mean come on eh....I thought adults played this game.

13. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

@kaeshiva in my opinion the need to be a victim and to be in the center of attention distorts the reality of what happened

14. Katu

Katu Avatar

I can't even..

"PLEASE, CLEAR THE ROAD"
    "EITHER STOP OR BE BANNED"
    "Bans will happen for undue shenanigans"
    "Please stop Casting for the float"
    "Please Show Your Respect and Keep the Road Clear Thankyou !"

As far as I understood, bans were immediately lifted, after the parade was over and pvp was welcome, just not on the road. There was fire and meteors raining all the time, until few players were removed from the lot, with a (temp) lot ban.

It's funny to see griefer yelling that he was griefed.

Please, contact support for your concerns or grow a pair.

Elwyn, Mac2 and kaeshiva like this.
  15. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Are you referring to all the people crying that they got banned for like, 20 minutes tops, as "victims"?
    If so, then yeah, I agree - there was no reason to make a big deal out of it. They were stood in the way (either knowing or not knowing), and the ban-mechanic was used to get them out of the way when other methods failed. I see no reason why the entire thing is a big deal.

If you were running a PvP event and a bunch of people decided to go dance in the middle of the arena while people were trying to fight, I'd expect to see some use of the ban tool. It would be fully justified. And equally hilarious if those people then came on here claiming they didn't know they were in the way. That they just coincidentally showed up and stood in that spot. Right?

Elwyn, Mac2 and Ashendie like this.
  16. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

This is a medieval fantasy sandbox game, your comparison doesn't really fit.

I'm not condoning griefing but it seems a shame that in a game where you are supposedly given so many tools, this is the only way to deal with it when there are so many other fun ways it could have played out.

Boris Mondragon and kaeshiva like this.
  17. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

I think in your example the dancers would have just been attacked in PvP and driven off as they were interfering in a PvP event? That would seem a more natural way in keeping in with the sandbox for that to play out.

Boris Mondragon, Dhanas and kaeshiva like this.
  18. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

And this is why the Felucca/Trammel split came about all those years ago in UO.

19. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Agreed 100% - if they were flagged it would be a great and bloody way to handle it and in line with the type of event.
    Not really so reasonable in the reverse, though, when you have a bunch of people in party clothes needing to run off a bunch of geared-and-ready PvP folks! Not to mention it would have covered the promenade in corpses.

20. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

@kaeshiva what you said is not true at all - there were maybe 2-3 people on the road including a stucked player walking on place in the middle of the road - most of the fight was outside over the hill but also these players were banned (
    I feel like an aggressive and hostile attitude in your comments - is there something wrong? would you like to take some time to calm down? )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.