Banned from Universal for liking pvp and not apoligizing for it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raistlin77, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Maybe just avoid Player-Ran-Events? :rolleyes::cool:

2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

@sotasota4
    Look, you can think whatever you want. Clearly you feel as if you've been personally singled out here and continuing to harp on the subject is making this look more and more like some sort of personal vendetta. We've explained, repeatedly, the reasons and motivations behind using the ban functionality.
    You don't agree with it - fine - entitled to your opinion.

There were a small contingent of people who came intentionally to cause trouble at the event, and proudly admitted to such. I have already apologized if someone innocent who can't read English well enough to understand "get off the road" (yet apparently can argue on the forums in English just fine) may have been wrongly removed for not understanding what was going on. Maybe some people were not reading chat. Maybe people came to a parade event with floats and truly had no idea what the event was about because they weren't tuned into the event coverage or listening to anything going on around them.

There were a lot of people all over the place, there was radio coverage, people talking in 5 different colors of chat, people on voicechat saying they can't move the float because there are people here, etc. It was difficult enough to coordinate without people intentionally trying to be disruptive.
    We made the decision we made so that the show could go on. Period. You are seeing some sort of conspiracy where there just isn't one.

3. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

@kaeshiva what I read makes me smile - for your bad luck I was not one of these players )) i was there not flagged and out of the road but i know many of those who were there and I saw well what was happening --- there were only one or two people who behaved the way you described but I understand that it is much more convenient for you to generalize and inflate numbers so that you seem right and victim of a conspiracy --- nobody knew or was interested in your parade those people were there to make pvp at a dance party and they did it until most of enemy team were banned and there was no more point to fight )))
    you seem to take on the personal and react nervously to anything - I still ask you there is something wrong? maybe you had a bad day? (

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Actually, it sounds like you were kicked from universal chat for not heeding darkstars warning to stop polluting universal chat and drop the issue.

It was not pvp that caused the kicks from the lot, it was standing in the middle of the road disrupting the event that got them kicked.

There was no prior notice that pvp was not allowed because that was never the rule, stop trying to make this a pvper/ pver debate when that has nothing to do with it, its about purposefully disrupting an event.

Its not messed up people got banned, its perfectly understandable. A lot of effort was put into putting this event on, and some people wanted to disrupt this. What did you expect them to do, support them?

"Too bad the community is still ruining this game" Like people who go and intentionally try and ruin an event like this? I dont see people going to virtue league or the friday fight night and standing in the middle of the arena trying to disrupt those events.

Cyin, Griffler, Elwyn and 3 others like this.
  5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

:confused:*sweats*

Um but um, uhhhhh. Oh yea, why didnt they respond any of the times they were told they were blocking the road? Yea, yea thats the ticket

*bites nails*

I mean thats now the main thing i dont understand.

6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Multiple people have said there was more then a couple. How is it an conspiracy when it was directly said in universal chat to disrupt the event. This is intentional, no conspiracy, its fact, and proven.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  7. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

@Mac2 keep talking about people like they were very high number of players that come to ruin the parade - the players who were ruining the event intentionaly were 1-2 people )

Give the names - put the pictures - give evidence - i was there and you are clearly lying --- if you cannot show evidence is way better to step aside and stop commenting and putting random likes )

8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Man. Need to give mac whatever artifact your wearing that removes 100% evidence req

9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

LMAO

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

For the 18th time, nobody was banned for "pvp".
    All banned people were unbanned before the "dance party" bit even started.

Why do you keep making this personal?

11. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

@SotaSota I wasn't there, but I have read a lot of this thread.

You keep asking for pictures of proof of who was intentionally causing problems at the event.
    How about since you are 1 of the people being very vocal that people were treated badly, produce evidence and pics with proof, that what you are fighting here about is the "real truth"?

From what I am understanding here...
    • A Player owned Town & certain Guilds, who put in a lot of time & effort to create an Parade/event for the Community....
    >> Had certain players, who were trying to disrupt the event, by blocking the floats = Griefing other Players in a POT... = those players had a temporary ban from the POT to allow the Parade event to continue without disruption & then were unbanned.
    >>>Unhappy banned Players, posted on Universal Chat, to get support from others to seek either revenge or create more problems for this event? = It seems Darkstarr posted on Uni Chat, to stop verbal griefing = OP had his Uni Orb taken from Him?

Where exactly is the problem with all of this?
    This was a Community Event organised by Players, who put a lot of time & effort.

The POT owners are within their rights to ban anyone who "they feel" is a trouble-maker & will not obey instructions & disrupt an event, from the POT they paid for & Own. (& remember, they can ONLY ban 10 players)
    @DarkStarr as a Dev, is within his rights, to deal with anyone who "they feel" is a trouble-maker & will not obey instructions in disrupting an event on Universal Chat after being told not to.

So what exactly are you hoping to achieve by continuing arguing here?

Everything that needed to be said & replied to has been said. So why are YOU continuing to argue here = Please produce Pics with PROOF to support your statements or just walk away...
    I know @kaeshiva & they are certainly NOT a trouble-maker in this Community.

12. mugmas

mugmas Avatar

For the love of gawd, please lock this drama llama.

13. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I didn't came to the event to distrupt this, I was told in another post that Dance parties attended by Devs are used as STRESS TEST, and the more players join doing different stuffs, like fighting, the better is. Me and other PVPer of the server decided to come to the event and fight, so we could help devs to gather data about that and let them know how many we were, I thought it was the correct way to do since even Atos was there to profiling.

It's offensive you are calling me griefier, and someone in universe chat called us morons, since our goal was mostly to attend a public event bringing up our playstile, without distrupting anything.

I wasn't aware that a parade was going to start in that street, and wasn't aware you were going to move items during the street, I had also chat disabled except pms and combat log chat, so I didn't read player saying to move away from the street, surely a pm from the owner of the POT or whoever takes her place would be welcome and I could ask my group to move from there. Surely some ppl came there with the intent to distrupt the event, but more than 10 people were banned from the POT, me too, and I wasn't casting any aoes or whatever, I was just walking on the street.

I agree the owner of the POT has the right to kick from his lot whoever he wants, but in that case he was hosting a "Royal Warranty" event with the presence of developers, so he/she should be realy careful before to do action like those.

By the way, I can understand what the OP is saying, he got banned cause he said carebears in universal chat and it is realy a bad behaviour from port or whoever did it, also because someone called me moron in universal chat a couple of minutes before and nothing happened, probably cause he was one of the carebears ( a protected species).

In this game there is a serious disapproval vs PVPer and their playstyle, and this continuous censorship from the dev teams sounds realy bad : couple of days ago a guy was banned from the forum cause he threatened another player to kill him in game, yesterday a player was banned from universal chat cause he said the word "C@rebear".

When I devote myself to PVP, I feel excluded and despised by the rest of the community, and every new player trying to do PVP will be discouraged to join this game cause of the exagerate hostility of the community for the PVP playstyle.

14. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Calm down. All will be okay. Ruckuses will happen. Everyone just hug. Be nice to each other. Enjoy life. All will unfold as it should. Remember to love one another. Sincerely, me. ;)

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  15. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

You yourself have continued to "fan the flames" & You don't even play anymore, so why on earth do you care about what happened at a current POT organized event.

This wasn't a PVP event, but a Community event for the masses.

We all know, that You feel this game should be about PVP, but guess what?
    It was never promoted as a PVP-centric game.

I used to have so much respect for you Elaina Strongbow, with your videos/walk-throughs of of various quests & zones. (Thank You for your Contributions in the past)

But these days....

You seem to have become a "flame-fanner" as this game didn't end up the way you wanted it to.
    Please spend less time here stirring the pot on PVP threads & go back to the current game you love (PVP-centric) & leave this forum for players who actually play these days....

16. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Dhanas if this is sincerely the case, that you had chats disabled, no idea what the events were about, and simply came to stress test, then I apologize you got caught up in the ban-o-thon which targetted people standing in the roadway. It was unfortunately not feasible to try and pm every person that was running around who might truly have been unaware of the messages to please vacate the roadway. We anticipated that crowd control would be an issue - honestly, more in the case of people going afk dancing in the street rather than anything to do with PvP.

Unfortunately because a couple of the "intentional troublemakers" by their own admission came PvP flagged, this has turned into a whole PvP argument, when really, that had nothing to do with it, as people were there and enjoying PvP for some time before the road-clearing, and, after the road clearing, there were still a bunch of ? in the zone list who presumably continued to do their thing. They never got banned because the people watching the road never put their names on the "traffic obstacle" list, lol.

As a PvPer yourself, who does not want to see PvP discouraged throughout the game, I would imagine you'd be upset with the people who instigated this behavior since that sort of behavior is what is giving PvP the poor perception in the community. It isn't fair, and it isn't right, but the actions of a few reflect on others of the same playstyle, which isn't good for anyone or good for the game.

Mac2, nimueCW, Synergy Blaize and 4 others like this.
  17. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

@Dhanas in teamspeak i heard folks trying to get specific names to kick off the lot, but then somone was saying that the lot-bans werent working so they used town bans instead, then the bans were lifted immediately after the parade as the release thing started.

I dunno bout universal chat cuz i was watching from my phone, but somone in discord did say they were going to flood in thier alts to bypass the bans and disrupt further, and i had heard that it was mentioned in universe chat too so that didnt help any either.

So you werent stuck in the tiles??:p Cuz that sotasota dude said you were

18. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

@Dhanas So did you cause any problems at the event OR on Universal Chat?

If not, no comments I made were directed towards you at all.

As was stated multiple times, PVP was going on in the sidelines of the POT. From what I can see, NO one had any issue with PVP going on.
    Absolutely NO problem with that PVP flagged players attended.

The Issues were players who were disrupting the parade & then making derogatory comments on Uni Chat. < both of these groups of players were dealt with in an appropriate manner.

Mac2 likes this.
  19. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Ok, just to clarify a few things

The Mardi Gras Parade was a player run event that was open to the public. There was more than 30 people involved in building the venue, crafting, donating items / time, coming up with suggestions and decorating the venue for the parade and the release party that was happening right after. This took roughly a month to organise and plan, millions of gold worth of deco and many hours to actually build. Once this was all planed other guilds / community members were also invited to build a float they also spent time, money and effort in doing.

This was never about banning PVP.

In order for all the above mentioned effort to pay off we needed a parade path to move the floats along. The only thing stopping this would be if people stood in the way so that floats could not be placed when they were "moving". Since the organisers saw this as a potential problem we had a few volunteers who's job during the parade was to keep the road clear. These people spent their time going up and down asking people to politely move off the road, this was done politely, by a number of different people, in multiple ways, in multiple languages over the course of 20 minutes (which set the whole start time back by 20 minutes waiting for the path to clear).

When these were ignored the organisers had only a few options available to them to be able to continue the event.
    1) Cancel the whole thing
    2) Flag up PVP themselves and spend the next 30 minutes killing anyone being disruptive which would have delayed the whole thing again to the point where the release party would have been starting so the parade wouldn't have happened.
    3) Issue temporary bans on the venue lot to remove the disruption

Number 3 was the only viable option to get the event started on time so that we didn't miss our 1 hour window before the release party.
    Bans were issued
    Parade went ahead
    Bans were lifted

To be honest, even if it WAS about pvp we have 180+ adventure scene, at least 12 of which are forced pvp and we have at least 200+ player owned towns, basements, dungeons that people can go pvp in. People were simply asked not to stand (and by extension not to pvp) in this bit of it

.[​IMG]

Now with that in mind and with people asking for "Evidence" here is some of the chat logs of the run up to the event and resulting fall out from it. Names have been changed to avoid any hurt feelings of being called out in public.

[04/03/2019 20:12:16] [20:12] Announcer1: Please Show Your Respect and Keep the Road Clear Thankyou !
    [04/03/2019 20:14:41] [20:14] Announcer1: Please Show Your Respect and Keep the Road Clear Thankyou !
    [04/03/2019 20:16:54] [20:16] Member of the public 1 (To Zone): Please stop Casting for the float
    [04/03/2019 20:17:04] [20:17] Announcer1: Please Show Your Respect and Keep the Road Clear Thankyou !
    [04/03/2019 20:17:06] [20:17] Announcer2: Please clear the road MY gator is hungry
    [04/03/2019 20:17:17] [20:17] Member of the public 1: please clear the road
    [04/03/2019 20:17:34] [20:17] Member of the public 2: get out of the street or the parade cant start!!!
    [04/03/2019 20:19:58] [20:19] Announcer1: Please Show Your Respect and Keep the Road Clear Thankyou !
    [04/03/2019 20:25:10] [20:25] Announcer1: Please Show Your Respect and Keep the Road Clear Thankyou !
    [04/03/2019 20:17:06] [20:26] Announcer2: Please clear the road MY gator is hungry
    [04/03/2019 20:28:23] [20:28] Organiser 1: EITHER STOP OR BE BANNED
    [04/03/2019 20:28:35] [20:28] Helpful guy who speaks italian: scendere dalla strada per favore (<-- get off the road please in itialian)
    [04/03/2019 20:31:56] [20:31] Organiser 2 (To Zone): Parade starting soon, please stay off the road.
    [04/03/2019 20:35:36] [20:35] Organiser 1: We are waiting to ban the people that will not behave

Note the timestamps beginning 12 minutes after the event was due to start and continuing until the start of the parade was already 35 minutes overdue. "I wasn't told" isn't an excuse. "You didn't tell me personally" certainly isn't an excuse. If I go on holiday to Spain and kick a homeless man to death "You didn't tell me personally I couldn't" wouldn't stand up in court.

Some of the comments in chat after this happened:
    [04/03/2019 20:43:18] [20:43] PVPGuy1 (To Universe): we want pvp and you guys make a dance party
    [04/03/2019 20:43:40] [20:43] PVPGuy2 (To Zone): you just banned a few dozens of people
    [04/03/2019 20:44:33] [20:44] PVPGuy3 (To Zone): that was way more entering than a parade
    [04/03/2019 20:44:34] [20:44] <GM>(To Universe): Correction, we gave everyone a world where people can do whatever they want and they made a dance party.
    [04/03/2019 20:49:41] [20:49] PVPGuy5 (To Universe): i will pvp in parade paths until i get banned from every lot having digital parades
    [04/03/2019 20:50:39] [20:50] PVPGuy2 (To Universe): Why devs organize stress tests in player owned towns with nazi attituide?
    [04/03/2019 20:51:11] [20:51] Member of the public 3(To Universe): Don't see any issue with pvp either, but if the people ask you not to pvp on the road, just pvp beside the road and no ban.
    [04/03/2019 20:51:38] [20:51] PVPGuy4 (To Universe): problem is no one told me anything, and I got banned
    [04/03/2019 20:51:54] [20:51] PVPGuy4 (To Universe): excluding a part of the community to an official events
    [04/03/2019 20:52:03] [20:52] PVPGuy5(To Universe): i didnt get banned, obviously i wasnt in the road
    [04/03/2019 20:52:53] [20:52] Random Guy In Chat 1(To Universe): this is what pvp do, make the game alive!
    [04/03/2019 20:53:00] [20:53] PVPGuy1 (To Universe): i just came here for the simple intent to ruin the party instead
    [04/03/2019 20:55:21] [20:55] ReasonablePVPGuy6 (To Universe): Ya'll just chill :D If the PVP was bothering the event I don't mind if you remove me. But I certainly saw no request to not pvp or any limitations to it.
    [04/03/2019 20:56:06] [20:56] Scoffer Kada (To Universe): local chat was being spammed every 30 seconds to clear the road, those that ignored it were removed from the lot
    [04/03/2019 20:56:28] [20:56] PVPGuy4 (To Universe): again scoffer, I don't have local chat, instead to spam it every 30 sec you could just send me a pm
    [04/03/2019 20:56:32] [20:56] PVPGuy4 (To Universe): this is totaly uncivil (<-- has to be my favorite comment so far)
    [04/03/2019 20:57:33] [20:57] <GM>(To Universe): Guys, universal devloving. Might do some temp squelching until after this
    [04/03/2019 20:58:08] [20:58] PVPGuy1 (To Universe): guys, seriously, u think u can avoid all my alts?
    [04/03/2019 21:02:42] [21:02] Member of the public 3(To Universe): PS> The parade is done, I believe they're lifting the bans.
    [04/03/2019 21:04:21] [21:04] Member of the public 4 (To Universe): i mean, hell, if you get 20 people there, that's 1/4 of the entire population right? Lets demonize and name call some more, seems to work
    [04/03/2019 21:04:22] [21:04] <GM> (To Universe): Guys, a reminder that devs didn't ban anyone. The town owners who spent dozens of hours preparing this did it and they have every right to. Frame rate for some is challenging with 120 people
    [04/03/2019 21:04:39] [21:04] <GM>(To Universe): even without PVP.
    [04/03/2019 21:05:14] [21:05] Scoffer Kada (To Universe): Dance / Release party is now open, bans have been removed
    [04/03/2019 21:05:26] [21:05] PVPGuy4 (To Universe): I know <GM who will remain nameless> it's just no one told me about specific rules and I got banned without any notice
    [04/03/2019 21:08:54] [21:08] PVPGuy2 (To Universe): Are you enough smart to understand it was a protest <Person>?
    [04/03/2019 21:12:23] [21:12] <GM>(To Universe): Town is open again.
    [04/03/2019 21:12:46] [21:12] <GM>(To Universe): Also technically this is NOT an official company event
    [04/03/2019 21:13:03] [21:13] <GM>(To Universe): This is community event run by players who can control who is here.
    [04/03/2019 21:13:26] [21:13] Member of the Public 5 (To Universe): 2-3 parade, 3pm was the start point of official part
    [04/03/2019 21:17:35] [21:17] Scoffer Kada (To Universe): No body cared when you were all fighting by the entrance, it only became an issue when you were stopping the parade
    [04/03/2019 21:18:25] [21:18] <GM>(To Universe): If you have serious concerns please contact support@portalarium.com. Otherwise stop spamming the channel or earn a temp ban from the game.
    [04/03/2019 21:18:34] [21:18] Member of the public 6 (To Universe): AS has already been said by several people. THis is a completely player run event with many community members working hard to put it all together.

Are you surprised people got their universal chat privileges removed? I'm certainly not.

This is not about PVP. It was never about PVP. It was about blocking the road which was dealt with the only way it could have been, by issuing bans.

Seeing any sort of victimisation in any of this is because you are looking for it specifically and twisting the facts to suit your own agenda.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  20. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

look everyone arguing here, it is simple this account was created 2 weeks ago? WHY

A player is crying without any poof of who he is what he did, where he was. Just crying "you treated me unfairly"

It is clear there were players interrupting the even which was handled by the people running it.

Sorry but go cry somewhere that your tears mean something.

Or produce Logs, screen shots, oh and who you actually are . . . . .

I can bet 10000% that any player involved will not show who they are to try and prove innocence.

Since this has been left for 6 pages and should have not got past one, deal with it,

some know my next line . .

. . . Peace O U T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.