Soft Wipe for Episode #2 ? ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

there arn't many things I think people will actually quit over but this one might have legs.

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

People are conflating 2 things: the time it takes to level a char to competency and the time they have put in. Its not the same thing as I recently found out.

3. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

It's hard to play any game that changes as much as this one does every release. i.e. No Hand Holding at all to Now let's add sparkles to help the players with quests; Battling your way through gated areas to get from Zone to Zone to now allowing us to bypass those battles if we want; Having a Single Player Online mode to now forcing everyone to play Multi-player Mode (which I hate btw....) and the list goes on and on. I know the majority of the changes were made to desperately attempt to entice more new players to stick around - but those changes did not do that at all. My vote is to get Episode 1 stable and playable before starting another fiasco with a second Episode. Soft Wipe or no Soft Wipe - if Episode 2 is designed the same way as Episode 1, who will want to play it anyways?

4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Id Like to hear more on this so I can consider what they are purposing. Sounds more like Ep1 will stay as is, but Ep2 just copies your character and items / house to allow you to move it all to the new EP but you start with level 1 but with all new xP. Not sure it sounds like your gear can't cross over to the new lands.

Myself I really hope they allow us all to just traverse as is between the lands. I dont want to have to invest into two characters and I spent alot of time building what I have now, from my Market to all the years of crafting,. I wont be able to play both as I will have to up keep the market so not sure how this will work if I have to play in what would seem like 2 different games.... This creates a real issue I either abandon what I have or transfer it all which not all would want to move their stores over etc... so many questions... @Chris How will this work for people running large markets?

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

For fun sake I went back and watched the r32 telethon on YouTube july27th they all clearly say final wipe many times and no more wipes. So I’m thinking we’re good, I’d suggest checking out that video found it very funny looking back.

Boris Mondragon, Xee and Mac2 like this.
  6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I recall that video. I'm more just trying to determine what my path will be. I do have a new Town coming, as well a transfer for Silverdale Market if need be.. if they do as purposed I can see myself moving all over as I really can't spend the time crafting in both sides. i really do hope they really think this through on the best plan. like many hear this would be a hard sell to want to have to reinvest another so many years starting over the character side. Mind you learning from Ep1 as they said could lead Ep2 to be a better experience over all.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  7. Floors

Floors Avatar

Dont you guys remember dont lawyer me bro ? just because they said something about ep1 years ago has no bearing. There was no hard and fast rule about Ep2.

Also, removing forced passes and sieges is a good thing, bot a bad thing.

Also I guarantee alot of you know how to level your characters much more efficiently the 2nd time through plus it will be at double rate based on ep 1 experience, going off what chris said.

Many in this thread didnt even listen to what he said and are raising things like moving towns and equipment which has nothing to do with ep2 progression.

Elwyn and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes we don't need stand alone games but a progressive game that allows players to get that and still be in a sandbox game. So many things to consider. Imo most new players don't expect instant gratification. I could be wrong but games should be fun, sometimes challenging, and immersive but not stand alone for most of the players. A world filled with many adventures. Maybe one day they want to create an wondrous dungeon or perhaps they want to travel the world and work on questing or some goals from their achievement system. Perhaps they are wanting to see what adventures they can find exploring the world searching for treasures so they may take out their boats or ships to sail the seas to see what they may find in future days in this game. So many options to add to this game still. We don't have to force stand alone games if the game itself offers lots of things to do. We are still missing some basics, timed adventures including pvp, raid systems and completed systems but then we add in the most popular systems we can such as boating, treasure hunting, mounts and mount ideas such as taming, horse racing, eventually maybe combat mounts.

edited- corrected some typos ;)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Boris Mondragon, Sole, Xee and 2 others like this.
  9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I just want the quest tech to make it into ep1 as well as 2. It's the start of the game, leaving it in its current state instead of upgrading will be a real shame.

10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Go watch that video it ain’t no don’t lowyer me bro moment they are shouting “final wipe” from the roof tops. ;)

Agreed quests are ugly and embarrassing.

Cordelayne likes this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Imo that's a lot to expect from episode 1. The players I talk to don't seem to mind the quest system especially since they can get help from Universe chat. Maybe eventually they could tackle that. It does depend on how easy it would be and imo there are more things to finish from episode 1 than re-doing ep1 quests at this moment. But of course my opinion ;)

Redhammer likes this.
  12. Floors

Floors Avatar

How are people supposed to play EP2 if all the level 120 people want it to cater to them ? What about a guy that played a bit is level 60 or something ? What about the new player to Sota who comes in at level 10 and wants to play EP2 first because that's what's being marketed ? They have to go through all the eps first ? By Ep3 everything is super silly mode and we all use the same tactics we've been using for over a year to "solo" it, it just takes progressively longer? Hmmmm... Is that good ?

Elwyn likes this.
  13. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I don’t see a issue here there is nominal difference from 100-120 and you or anyone wanting to can break 100 in a month.

The real difference is a 120 person will have more builds but the power curve is close.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  14. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

haha perhaps it was no more wipes for Ep1 ;)

15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

“Final Wipe”. This week ... ;)

Lord Trady of Blix and Xee like this.
  16. Almar

Almar Avatar

Renewable grind per expansion? Excellent.

17. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Question:
    Since we're now "Free to Play", will someone who starts playing after Ep2 is released have access to both episodes ?

18. Floors

Floors Avatar

Right thats what I mean. A wipe wont be so bad then will it ?

19. Almar

Almar Avatar

They'll have to do a 'WOW' in that case and offer a character boost for starting at EP2. I imagine that won't end well.

20. Floors

Floors Avatar

Well, Chris is postulating that you’d earn XP twice as fast as a newbie up to the XP you have earned. Its worth actually listening to what he said

If its a “month” to get to 100 now, then it should take 2 weeks to recoup in EP2. Hardly doom and gloom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.