Soft Wipe for Episode #2 ? ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

no, its not a month, who are you gonna leach off of everyone is reset? And eventually does that mean attenuation is 2 million for you?

2. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

No it’s bad I’ll tell you why.

Sure easy to get to a level playing field power wise but to truley build out all specs crafting and adventuring your character takes a huge investment of time and resources. Take for example crafting is insanely painful and you have to choose between becoming an amazing crafter or a well rounded adventurer. If they said from the beginning that all effort would be wiped at the release of esp 2 then the player base would have fled but instead the ones here invested them selves in the game via time or money. If I had known each esp was a restart I would have skipped the game entirely and would not have a dropped any money into it. People invested because they invisioned a world where they can grow and develop their toon/account not to start fresh every year a expansion is released.

I’m sure portal knows all this and I’d bet $$$ there ain’t no way they are making people start over. Spend 6 months in a mine and tell me could you do it again.... each release?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Ancestor Enoch, Sole, Chatele and 8 others like this.
  3. Almar

Almar Avatar

I still have my account in the hope the game picks up. I really hope it does (from my perspective obviously) I fear it won't though.

It'll be another dull grind fest - and I won't be doing that again. Treadmill gaming doesn't appeal to me, but I still hold out for something better in E2.

addrox likes this.
  4. Floors

Floors Avatar

I hear what you are saying, and believe me its also a concern, but the way this game is designed, you stop progressing eventually anyway. Then it becomes more about skill.

You have the illusion of progression as things get GMs but the actual gameplay diff is negligible. Look at skills between 97 and 100 or 110 and 120....Meh, right ? Eventually the amount of xp to raise becomes impossible in a reasonable timeframe and players... quit. This is a fresh start.

Crafting is a good point tho and PvP. And how will segregating the areas work ? We need more answers.

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

If they erase people time and efforts there will be a riot lol, It’s not happening.

Many people have multiple toons they have been building out also so it’s not just one side people whole heartily believed that any investment they have made in to account/chars would always be there.

6. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

I am with Andar and Sara on this. Personally i do not want to grind back my xp that i currently have. I am not saying this is a no though. If there are concessions from Chris that i would be ok with. I've experienced the system that he is proposing. It's a good system but there are somethings that I would need.

#1 First and foremost i would need to see a display of the pooled xp
    #2 4x Multiplier. From the past experiences playing during the wipes. 2x Multiplier was acceptable because Chris wanted the metrics and it still allowed for players to get to where they were relatively quickly. Now since we were told no wipes players have invested 1000's of hours into their characters. This is where a 4x multiplier will be ok imho.
    #3 The XP attenuation cap needs to be moved to 2 million an hour and 8 million with 4x xp pool. Even at 8 million an hour Someone like Sara is going to have to grind a Month to even get where he is now. God forbid Mac ... Mac is something like level 131 ? It takes more xp for Mac to hit a level then the vast majority of players even have in their pool.

On the subject of Attenuation.... The whole point of adding attenuation was to turn up the xp to crazy town levels so that anyone should be able to attenuate anywhere. This didn't happen. So this goes back to why even have it at the level it's at now. I was actually making more xp an hour before attenuation. Now we are capped at attenuation and the vast majority of players only adventure 10-20 min because that is all it takes to attenuate.

7. Cianna

Cianna Avatar

Agreed.

I wonder if I would be able to get a refund on the $100 I spent to move my nested POT to the overworld in EP2. Don't think I'd want to move under those conditions. I hope they don't do this.

Osiris3, Chatele, Cyin and 1 other person like this.
  8. golruul

golruul Avatar

Eh, let's wait until more official comments come in.

But if Port is testing the waters by throwing out this comment, then I'm in with the "I'll quit for good" crowd.

Abhann, Elwyn, Chatele and 3 others like this.
  9. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Crafting... I'd have to pay or get those resources to actually craft again? Nope, don't want to do that.

I agree that we should wait for the official word, but.... Chris / Atos getting on a broadcast and saying it was a mistake in the first place. Even though he said "we are just tossing it around at this point" doesn't mean squat. He said it, people started fuming on it, now the topic is already toxic because of it. This is why, once again, they need a PR/Community manager. They keep shooting themselves in the foot over and over again.

10. Bioxide

Bioxide Avatar

You have to be kidding, off to look for something else to spend my time in.Makes me sad I just bought cotos.

Good luck y’all

amaasing, Barugon and Cordelayne like this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's well beyond that. You will essentially have two different avatars. When you transition to an ep2 area, you switch to your ep2 avatar. When you come back to the ep1 area, you switch to your ep1 avatar. Any advancement you make in one area will not apply to the other. Now add in future episodes.

It's completely off the table for me.

Osiris3, amaasing, Chatele and 3 others like this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

What makes you sad? Players are just discussing from a comment. Nothing is happening. You are fine. Just enjoy.

13. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

So if your crafter is fully trained up in episode one, but no items can transfer to episode two, they can't make and thus sell anything (such as houses, or deco, as well as equipment) for anyone in episode two since it can't get there - but if items can be transferred between episodes, why would any of us with trained cooks, carpenters, smiths and so on ever try training another one in episode two land, when all we need do is move materials to the existing crafter, and ship manufactured items back to the 'new' character?

This sounds extremely weird....

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I haven't seen any toxicity in this thread, only comments on how people feel about what they're thinking of doing for episode 2.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  15. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

When you toss a statement out there people start taking a position. In their head they start to dig in on their position. Right then and there you have spoiled your chance to put together a proposal and have them be open to it. You've spoiled it. Your so call "trial" just became Toxic... or poisonous if you will. That is what I'm referring to as Toxic. Not that people are toxic, but the trial itself.

This is not a minor subject. You have to internally think of your options. If you want to test the idea then you pick a couple of people and have a direct/discreet discussion with them in the interest of getting their feedback. You control your sample set. Getting on a talk show / stream is a great example of an uncontrolled sample set. PR/Marketing 101 which they don't seem to understand.

Brass Knuckles and FruityTooty like this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think most people here are just commenting on what he said (which was actually pretty clear) but are waiting for a more official statement.

17. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Don’t confuse honest opinion as being toxic please. All I can say anyone who played around the launch of persistence was guaranteed no more wipes based on that we all played that last two plus years thinking our time and money as an investment was safe. I can say speaking only for my self if each release has a new char that does not cross over to other esp I will not put any of that investment dollars or time in to it. There are way better options for me to go do.

That’s just honesty I love the game as I know it, it’s why I’ve given $12,000 or so and 10,000 hours to the cause. This new information changed my assessment of what their plans are and it’s NOT something I’d participate in.

I seriously doubt this is what the plan is though and would love to hear more about it.

No toxicity just my opinion. @DarkStarr

Sole, Justyn04, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  18. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

No offense but I think that statement is bit ignorant. I've spent the last 25 years doing this for a living. Taking groups, teams and whole business and effecting change. Effecting change is a well defined and deliberate process. This is not. This action was in fact a torpedo, now we just have to see how it plays out and how much damage the torpedo did. But who knows, I'm just one of peoples that's paid to do this for a living...

FruityTooty likes this.
  19. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

hodor Hodor!

macnlos and Brass Knuckles like this.
  20. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I agree.

Osiris3, Gia2 and Brass Knuckles like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.