Possible dungeon building idea?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sentinel2, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I've tried graphing and counting points when designing my dungeon. but sometimes I just don't get it. I mess up something royal. And waste a lot of time digging into what's in the way. It would be very helpful if there was some way to see what I'm bumping against as I extend and build.

Messing around with the cave to ancient stone transition piece. I noticed if I set it wrong, I could see around the corners. I can see what was in the way.

Maybe Port can create a "dungeon transparency piece we can install at a connection. Something we can't walk through. But like glass, allows us to see where we are going. And what's in the way.

Thoughts?

It's late for me. Hopefully I explained it clearly despite the brain fog :D

One more thought before taking off for the day. maybe setup a barrier like in the etceter lich room to prevent people from passing....

Ok. done for the night. gnight

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  2. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

3. Floors

Floors Avatar

It's really clunky atm. We need to be able to adjust corners on the fly somehow. It sucks to make a mistake early on and have to replace everything.

4. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Yup. that's why I said I tried graphing and it was frustrating.

I figure since this is a FPS type game, wouldn't it be handy to have a more visual way of approaching the problem :D

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  5. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I figure this is a first run through of player made dungeons. it's not like they have everything working and figured out. It's a work in progress.

Hopefully this might help the creative juices along. Maybe there is a better idea. I'm game :D

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  6. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Adding a down-stair then jumping down it while snapping a screen-capture can be helpful. Also, I tend to use two characters in party with "all names" showing and use one as a target to build to when I am trying to connect hallways that connect from one side of a dungeon to another. It helps align the paths a lot.

I had a few discussions with Atos on this and suggested that he allow a function similar to the "growth potion" to allow your head to poke up through the hallway to better see. I also suggested that when in dungeon building mode, the end pieces be translucent so that you can see on out them to better build and align halls, etc. Once in adventure mode the solid wall would be visible.

Hopefully we'll see some improvement options soon.

7. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

All they really need to do is disable the clipping inhibitor that prevents you from scrolling your view out beyond the limits of the current room. Devs have this ability.
    Turn it off in design mode, on in Adventure mode. Then you can see the dungeon and connections from outside the room, then scroll back in.

Feldon Grimshaw and ErikRulez like this.
  8. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

this is what I was thinking too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.